PDA

View Full Version : Why Hair Oily?

Peggy E.
September 23rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
I have been washing my hair once a week and for that week it has been easy to style, with nice body - if thinner than I'd like - and clean-looking.

Now, for the past month or so, it looks like a greasy, stringy, dirty mess at about day 4 from the wash day! YUCK!!

It LOOKS this way - doesn't necessarily FEEL greasy, but looks like it is very dirty, as hair does when you have not washed it (not talking about the NW/SO) and it's in desperate need of a shampoo.

It looks awful, feels awful, the scalp itches, and were I ever to leave the house, would be embarrassing to wear around!

I use a clarifying shampoo, a light leave-in conditioner and a night-blooming salve which I put on the ends only.

Any suggestions? My hair is all pretty much silvery-white now, might be classic length (no longer measure), has never been dyed, permed. I air-dry it, use a wide-tooth natural comb to detangle and arrange, with a MP for styling. I wear it up every day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to have to begin washing it more than once a week. My health problems have made it difficult to use my arms and hands.

Thanks for any help!

heidi w.
September 23rd, 2012, 10:18 AM
The weather is changing, in the midst of change, so your hair might take on a different behavior. I'd give clarifying a try to see if this "look" will clear up somehow.

Good luck, Door County is beautiful this time of year

heidi w.

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2012, 12:45 PM
I'm sort of going through the same thing but in reverse my ends are bone dry but my scalp area greasy looking. I'm going to try a bbb for the top to distribute the oils and clarify. I agree with Heidi W maybe we need to clarify.

lapushka
September 23rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Since you say you're already (always???) using a clarifying shampoo, I'd try and switch that up somehow with a different one, just to see if it makes a difference. It might not, but you never know. It might be your shampoo.