PDA

View Full Version : Sigh

SnowyDream
September 22nd, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hello all, I'm new here and quite nervous so please bear with me :p. I've always loved long hair and I've always worn it long for most of my life up until about four years ago when I decided I'd attempt something different due to low self esteem and peer pressure caused by family members. Well I got it cut into some layers, which looked ok I guess, but inside I wasn't truly happy with them. I kept them, however, trying to convince myself that I liked them for the sake of family. To help with this I decided to bleach it blond, this turned out horribly wrong. So to cover up that mistake I colored it black, which was another huge mistake. It left my hair dry as straw and seemed to be very delicate, so for the last 2 years I've been growing it out. This month I finally got all the dye out so as of right now it's shoulder length with chin length bangs. Now, since I got the dye out, I'm going to grow my hair back out the way I like it instead of the way my family wanted me to grow it... And I'm never coloring it again lol

Finding this community, with all the beautiful pictures and nice people, really helped me in deciding that I wanted my long hair back. I really think this is a great place with a lot of helpful people and I am going to enjoy being a part of this community. :)

Ebrox
September 22nd, 2012, 10:17 PM
welcome!
but why are you so nervous??

SnowyDream
September 22nd, 2012, 10:27 PM
Well I always have had anxiety and I find forums intimidating. I think with time thought, I will get better.

Ebrox
September 22nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
oh I see. Well this is like no other forum (that I've known), people here are really nice and welcoming, I hope you enjoy it :)

Madora
September 22nd, 2012, 10:42 PM
Welcome to LHC, SnowyDream!

Here is a link to helpful hair information, plus the LHC abbreviations:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/announcement.php?f=9&a=11

Additional hair information can be found if you click on ARTICLES, in the grey menu bar, above.

Happy growing!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 23rd, 2012, 02:49 AM
Welcome, Snowydream, please don't be nervous. There are so many nice friendly people here - I 'm sorry that you had so many hair problems.
You will find lots of help on this forum though, enjoy getting your hair back the way you want it to be!