PDA

View Full Version : I could have a big cut tommorrow...

juliaxena
September 22nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
And I am so tempted. To just cut back to APL and have a large portion of my bleached ends cut off. I am not all whiny when it comes to cutting hair and I am a big girl, I am sure I would survive, but it still majory sucks. For one reason only. Hair grows so slowly...I am not greedy and I think BSL is long but it would be so much easier for me if it was from WL to BSL to be cut off...or from APL to shoulder...but BSL to APL hurts the most. So...I don't know what I will do tommorrow, but I will certainly let you know. If anyone can relate though, feel free to whine with me:D

dulce
September 22nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
Why cut off your bleached ends?Just condition them well daily and they will recover and the lighter ends over time will blend into your hair.When at APL I had 2 rounds of highlights put in,kept growing my hair to hips and occasionally trimmed my ends to even them. I only highlighted twice ,daily kept it well conditioned after, and also used a purple shampoo and purple conditioner once a week in addition to prevent brassiness.At hip I still have a bit of those highlights left and they look fine.

rock007junkie
September 22nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
I'm having the same thoughts today (as in I've looked at my scissors twice to cut after I wash) so I can totally relate. My hair is at wasit right now and I'm thinking of cutting back to APL just because the bottom part is so thin (relaxed ends). My hair is driving me crazy because I'm going through a major shed. Don't know if I should wait it out until it stops or just chop once and for all and just keep my hair short but healthy.

RubySlippers
September 22nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
I can completely relate! I'm nearing BSL (slowly) and going back to APL would be awful, there are so many buns and updos that can only just do at my length that BSL to APL would be a huge change! So I, too, think WL to BSL would be easier, but maybe if I was WL I'd think differently!

And I also have very damaged ends from being blonde and heat styling carelessly. I think I'm just gradually trimming for now.

juliaxena
September 22nd, 2012, 01:31 PM
Why cut off your bleached ends?

Split ends, breakage, major thinning at the ends, you name it... I think I will go look at some APL pics to see if I can handle it.

spidermom
September 22nd, 2012, 01:37 PM
I had to go from nearly waist to APL in 2005 because of curling and flat iron damage. I was fighting with my Velcro ends every single day and kind of flipped out one afternoon and went right out and had those ends cut off.

I mourned the length loss for a couple of days, but my hair was so much easier to manage that I got over it pretty quick.

vanillabones
September 22nd, 2012, 02:04 PM
I would probably wait if you just cut it. I still have bleach left and it is really beginning to bother me but I don't want to cut so I understand why you don't. I'd only cut if the ends are really upsetting you.

GrowingGlory
September 22nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Lately I've been considering a corrective cut. Space heater and shampoo related damage along with a major shed have left me a little less than happy with the hem.

But I'm at term, my new comb really seems to be helping and so does sleeping in a loose braid. I don't want to give someone money to exchange natural terminations for tiny shredded broomsticks. It's just not worth it.

cwarren
September 22nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm still reluctant, but I really hate my see through ends :(

bunnylake
September 22nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
Ugh I've been having similar thoughts. I have a lot of layers that make it so annoying to s&d, and I want less layers so bad. I'm at waist and I'm contemplating cutting a couple inches. I probably won't though. I'm a baby!
I think you should try micro trimming or just take off a little less than an inch.

juliaxena
September 23rd, 2012, 02:02 AM
I have decided to cut an inch off. Because even if I cut to APL I will still have bleached ends and spend the same amount of time on them trying to fix them. I cut of 2 inches last month as well so I think I am still not a sissy lol, I think this is a practical solution till I can cut to APL and have all virgin hair with a cut like that. Till then I will linger at BSL-ish...if I can stand it. It is just that no solution serms perfect right now.

MegaMystery
September 23rd, 2012, 02:06 AM
That sounds like a good plan, you can always cut more if you feel you need to :)

Avital88
September 23rd, 2012, 02:31 AM
sometimes its the best thing to do, i also cut off 14 inches this year and i love my ends now.plus its so much easier to detangle

UltraBella
September 23rd, 2012, 03:07 AM
APL is what I cut to in May, I really LOVED it. I realize that doesn't mean you would, juliaxena, but I just wanted you to know that I found it to be really enjoyable. Your hair is beautiful and will continue to be beautiful no matter what you decide.

When I trimmed three inches off at a much longer length, it didn't have nearly the same effect as the large cut.

juliaxena
September 23rd, 2012, 04:47 AM
APL is what I cut to in May, I really LOVED it. I realize that doesn't mean you would, juliaxena, but I just wanted you to know that I found it to be really enjoyable. Your hair is beautiful and will continue to be beautiful no matter what you decide.

When I trimmed three inches off at a much longer length, it didn't have nearly the same effect as the large cut.

I know what you are saying honey, but to really fix my problem, I would have to go all the way to shoulder and that would significantly limit my styling options and that is just a no no. I could handle APL lenght I think but not if my hair was still damaged just the same. No less work with it than now and just shorter hair. I think in april my virgin hair should be at APL. I will happily cut from BSL to APL then. Thank you for your post though. Mom cut an inch off just now. Later I will do a deep treatment. And possibly a cassia gloss, my ends are so mushy despite protein treatments every week I can't stand it.

Thank you for all your posts ladies (I think there was no gentelman), this dilemma is bound to happen to me again soon so thank you for putting up with me!

spirals
September 23rd, 2012, 10:02 AM
I know what you mean by damaged ends. Mine feel like a coarse paintbrush sometimes. I just douse them in coconut oil and hope for the best. But when I get to waist curly, I may chop a couple of inches off. Mine is due to repeated coloring, and just non-ammonia color at that.

Sunny_side_up
September 23rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
A little trim can give you a nice fresh end feeling, i was considering layers a few weeks ago for a change, but i now think i'll carry on keeping it one length, as i wouldnt be getting layers freshened up regularly, the thought of a nice little evenin up trim is on the cards for me. Remove the summer dryness of my ends and ive been shedding lots which has gotten me thinking mine would look better and feel better shorter... APL at the mo and thinking about going back to passing shoulder!;)

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
If you have damage you might be better off trimming or getting rid of it. Damage only gets worse.