PDA

View Full Version : Little problem

floralgem
September 21st, 2012, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure what I should be doing with my hair washing routine. During the summer, I literally kept a minimum of once, or if I needed to, twice a week. But not that's school's starting and I'm back in cheerleading and sweating more, should I wash more often?

Kelikea
September 21st, 2012, 05:51 PM
I think you should go with what feels comfortable for you. When I was doing twice a day workouts, it was all I could do to only wash once a day. Now, I am stretching to 3 days. On the days I have super sweaty workouts, I do want to wash. And if I was going to be closely working with others, I'm pretty sure they would appreciate the washing:)

DinaAG
September 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM
water washed and co-washes might help dear

Madora
September 21st, 2012, 06:15 PM
Wash when you need to...and use shampoo to get your scalp clean. You might want to dilute it with water.

Natalia
September 21st, 2012, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure what I should be doing with my hair washing routine. During the summer, I literally kept a minimum of once, or if I needed to, twice a week. But not that's school's starting and I'm back in cheerleading and sweating more, should I wash more often?

If you dont feel ok with stretching that far you can add some wo washes after workouts or as needed. Maybe misting and blotting would help to dilute the sweat?

KwaveT
September 21st, 2012, 08:51 PM
Me personally I would not keep my hair wet seven days a week. The hair is weeker wet and it seems to shed more. I have gone to bed with sweaty hair before. Air drying takes time so I would not want to put myself through washing everyday.

EtherealDoll
September 22nd, 2012, 02:26 AM
If you sweat a lot, then wash with shampoo as often as you need. But put shampoo only on the roots, no need to shampoo the length - when you rinse, it will go on the length anyway.

MeowScat
September 22nd, 2012, 02:56 AM
Scalp washes are wonderful! (CO or diluted shampoo)

I put my length in a plastic bag or shower cap held with a scrunchie and either take a shower or put my head under the kitchen faucet. Scalp washes have really saved my length from a ton of washing abuse.

But if you need a full wash, then do it. Just moisturize it a lot, either by letting your conditioner soak into your length longer or maybe using oil(s). If you have a few days off, give your hair a break.

Deep conditioning treatments every week or few weeks can help your hair a lot, also. Of course, don't forget to use a wide tooth comb and updos.

floralgem
October 12th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Thanks people. I was thinking about doing a wash on Wednesday, which is when I sweat the most, and then wash again on Sunday, which was my designated washing day.