PDA

View Full Version : No one else but TLHC would understand how excited I am...

akilina
September 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Totally one of those thread that probably gets 2 or 3 replies but...

I am so excited!
I have finally lost weight and BEAT this stupid plateau I have been stuck in for 5 months...

I rewarded myself with some new products and hair dye :D :D!! (instead of sushi)

You see...no one I know in real life would understand how exciting it is to me except for all of you!
:happydance:
I got:
-Kenra 1N. BLACK BLACK BLACK as can be hair dye. I am so stoked.
-Sebastian Drench S+C (smells like heaven, feels like heaven. Used to use it in school)

And oh geez...well, I thought I got some "Earthly body" leave in detangler spray. I love this stuff SOO much...I just looked in the bag and it is not there :( Not on the receipt either..I am thinking that instead of throwing it in my basket I put it back on the shelf!
I am actually incredibly disappointed now... That product was my favorite thing that I was going to get. Boooo.

I was happy that she also threw in some samples for me:
-KMS California Silk Sheen (NO cones! also actually has SAO in it!)
-DevaCurl styling cream. (NO cones, very very protein-ish though.I like the ingredients list)

I found some DevaCurl threads on here...It sounds like some people loved it, but most people were unhappy with it?? :/

Anyway- silly pointless thread.

I was really aiming for a more organic natural s+c...however..It takes me over when I can get the best salon products for half the price. I just can't help it. I am a normal daily washer, and I just want to enjoy my hair.

Do you guys feel the same way when you get new hair goodies whatever they may be?

I am off to go color my hair now :) :magic:

Salmonberry
September 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Congratulations! I understand. :)

My goal is to get my place completely de-cluttered. I have mail and papers out of control everywhere. Only when I have everything in its proper place can I buy the Caruso curler set that I've had my eye on.

Now I just need to get off the forum and get back to work de-cluttering. This place makes it so easy to procrastinate, but I love it anyway :)

Mya
September 21st, 2012, 04:40 PM
Hell if I feel like that. Every time I stumble upon the hair care aisle I get stuck there for countless minutes, reading the ingredients, mentally drooling over the products I'd like to try but don't buy because I want to finish the ones I have first. I often go to the store for this activity rather than to actually buy something, but when I buy... you know the feeling.
Will you go get that leave in detangler spray? You planned it, so it's totally your right to go back for it.

Also congrats for the weight loss. I'm losing my last kilograms and fighting against the stupid plateau too.

HairFaerie
September 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM
Yay! Good for you! I get really excited too!
In fact, I ordered some stuff online the other day and I CAN'T WAIT to get the package in the mail!
I got Bee Mine hair growth serum (mango scented) and a sample size of one of their shampoo & conditioners. :cheer:

spookyghost
September 21st, 2012, 05:05 PM
Congrats on the weight loss and the new hair products!:D I just love shopping and looking at all the wonderful hair products. I look at the products, read the ingredients, and smell them. And then put them back....!:silly: I even have tons of fun searching the net for different hair oils, butters, creams, and protective styles that even this hair challanged gal can do!

bunnylake
September 21st, 2012, 05:11 PM
Yay! I'm happy for you! I totally understand. I recently began to realize that I am finally losing weight after trying so hard for so long. I was thinking I would reward myself with new clothes but you've inspired me to get some hair stuff I've been eyeing, too. Teehehehehe.

akilina
September 21st, 2012, 05:17 PM
Congratulations! I understand. :)

My goal is to get my place completely de-cluttered. I have mail and papers out of control everywhere. Only when I have everything in its proper place can I buy the Caruso curler set that I've had my eye on.

Now I just need to get off the forum and get back to work de-cluttering. This place makes it so easy to procrastinate, but I love it anyway :)
Ugh I hate being stuck under a mountain of papers -_- That is exciting!! I have never tried Caruso rollers before :)
This site makes it oh so easy to procrastinate lol!
Its like Lhc::Molly as Videogames::my Boyfriend lol.

Hell if I feel like that. Every time I stumble upon the hair care aisle I get stuck there for countless minutes, reading the ingredients, mentally drooling over the products I'd like to try but don't buy because I want to finish the ones I have first. I often go to the store for this activity rather than to actually buy something, but when I buy... you know the feeling.
Will you go get that leave in detangler spray? You planned it, so it's totally your right to go back for it.

Also congrats for the weight loss. I'm losing my last kilograms and fighting against the stupid plateau too.
Oooh me too so bad. I spent a long time in the store..WAY too many products to even fathom ahah. Its seriously like wall to wall 4 isles of solid product -_- I was standing there reading and reading..once I came across the first ingredient I do not like I put it back asap.
I could not spend as much as I wanted to, and in the end my total was 27 dollars. Which might sound bad to some..the stuff I want still is 8 dollars so I should wait a while..I know it will last me over a year though for real. I had a tiny one that lasted me 10 months.
My BF took 20 dollars from me this morning, so I only had 40 and I had to spend it on crap like paper plates..and paper towels and drainO. Next time I will definitely get it :) Heck, I might even get TWO.:D

MrsGuther
September 21st, 2012, 05:19 PM
Congratulations!!! :) Good job! I know that is an awesome feeling to lose weight. I've had two children and lost the baby weight both times. It is hard, but super satisfying to see the pounds drop! :) oh, and have fun with your new hair products!

akilina
September 21st, 2012, 05:20 PM
Yay! Good for you! I get really excited too!
In fact, I ordered some stuff online the other day and I CAN'T WAIT to get the package in the mail!
I got Bee Mine hair growth serum (mango scented) and a sample size of one of their shampoo & conditioners. :cheer:

Yay!! I love getting presents in the mail! Sounds really nice! You will have to report on how much you like it :)

Congrats on the weight loss and the new hair products!:D I just love shopping and looking at all the wonderful hair products. I look at the products, read the ingredients, and smell them. And then put them back....!:silly: I even have tons of fun searching the net for different hair oils, butters, creams, and protective styles that even this hair challanged gal can do!
Thanks :D I have a whole list of "future" things I want to buy.. I must refrain! I JUST recently finally weeded out all the products in my shower. I gotta keep it in control lol

Yay! I'm happy for you! I totally understand. I recently began to realize that I am finally losing weight after trying so hard for so long. I was thinking I would reward myself with new clothes but you've inspired me to get some hair stuff I've been eyeing, too. Teehehehehe.
Yay go for it!! :D I am really happy I got this stuff. They were 7 dollars a piece. And my color was probably 4..and the developer was 4. After tax it added up. :( I can't spend TOO frivolously right now as I am not working. I did make 60 dollars though off of haircuts so I had to splurge :]
Ugh..clothes..I would love new clothes but I need to lose more weight. My clothes are soo bad...I wear leggings a lot and they make my bum look weird and some of them are ripped. I do actually look fairly trashy on a daily basis. Pooor life. haha. $$$.

akilina
September 21st, 2012, 05:22 PM
Congratulations!!! :) Good job! I know that is an awesome feeling to lose weight. I've had two children and lost the baby weight both times. It is hard, but super satisfying to see the pounds drop! :) oh, and have fun with your new hair products!
Wow well you look great after two!! I haven't really started working out a lot yet but I try to work it in where I can and stay active..It truly is hard.
I can't wait to wash my hair and try the sample of the KMS stuff :)

Vrindi
September 21st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Woo! Congrats on beating the plateau! I've been at the same weight for 6 months, so I know how annoying that is. Finally saw the scale drop a little this week. Were you still getting slimmer, but staying the same weight, or not budging at all?

I rewarded myself with a hair pamper day and a nice hot bath. Felt like a mermaid. :)

akilina
September 21st, 2012, 05:39 PM
Woo! Congrats on beating the plateau! I've been at the same weight for 6 months, so I know how annoying that is. Finally saw the scale drop a little this week. Were you still getting slimmer, but staying the same weight, or not budging at all?

I rewarded myself with a hair pamper day and a nice hot bath. Felt like a mermaid. :)
They are awful -_- I would gain anywhere from 5 to 7 pounds and lose it back to Weight X, then gain 5, lose 5. Bad cycle!
I am trying to reward myself with things other than food :]

akilina
September 21st, 2012, 05:41 PM
Gah, Are you guys ever trying to smell something and it literally EXPLODES up your nose or down your hand??! It happened to me in the store! I instantly wiped it on my pants because I didn't know where else to wipe it and then had this ridiculous banana shaped wet mark down my leg lol.

MrsGuther
September 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM
Gah, Are you guys ever trying to smell something and it literally EXPLODES up your nose or down your hand??! It happened to me in the store! I instantly wiped it on my pants because I didn't know where else to wipe it and then had this ridiculous banana shaped wet mark down my leg lol.

Oh no! Sounds like something that would happen to me. I am clumsy and accident prone.

blaketob
September 21st, 2012, 06:03 PM
Congrats! I love getting new hair products! :)

shutterpillar
September 21st, 2012, 06:11 PM
I totally get it! I am always so excited to use up my old stuff and try something new. Though this time around that may not be the case since I am REALLY enjoying my new conditioner that I am COing with.

Congrats!

akilina
September 21st, 2012, 06:30 PM
Oh no! Sounds like something that would happen to me. I am clumsy and accident prone.

I felt sort of stupid haha. I always feel nervous in that store for some reason. So I was already on edge. It took me like 4 times of going in that store for the ole ladies that run it to finally get used to me...I think that if they see a new face they act sort of mean and bitchy because they assume that you thought their store was open to the general public. I walked out of the isle with a huge wet shmear down my leg so I HAD to explain it to her to avoid embarrassment! Ha!

I totally get it! I am always so excited to use up my old stuff and try something new. Though this time around that may not be the case since I am REALLY enjoying my new conditioner that I am COing with.

Congrats!
I loooove the S+C I got <3 It smells so amazing..I really missed this smell. I wish I knew how to describe it but its like one of those comfort smells. If that makes sense! I also tried the KMS but I will have to try it again some other day to really decide if I like. The DevaCurl leave in smells pretty darn good.

---------------------
I will also add...I am not REALLY impressed with the Kenra color :( I thought I would really like it. It was 4 dollars cheaper than what I normally get. I usually always use Wella Color Touch (not the stuff from sallys, the professional wella) and was wanting to use the black No. 1 for really black black..but I found better success using the Wella. It also has these pretty glittery shimmeries in it! Who doesn't love things that are shiny?
I shed BAD but that is normal..

I avoid permanent color but the one I really wanted to use "Joico Kpak color" was only in permanent. No go!
Hoping I find something better next time.