PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely addicted to this site

Xxanderia
September 21st, 2012, 02:39 PM
So I've been a member for a couple of months, and a lurker before that. I'm pretty sure I check this website every day, if not several times a day. It's just funny because just now I remembered I hadn't logged on today and thought to myself "I knew I forgot something!" :D

So thank you LHC and members for giving me a productive way to pass time.
:blossom:

Hollyfire3
September 21st, 2012, 02:42 PM
If you are still calling this "a productive way to spend time" and not an "addicting obsession that doesn't allow for much else" there is stil hope for you!:D
But yes, thank you LHC for giving me a great way to spend too much time and to spend time I don't have!:o

Chimom79
September 21st, 2012, 03:05 PM
I am on here every little while. I go do stuff, then hop on here, go do something else, then hop back on here. I'm on here a TON. Lol!

hermosamendoza
September 21st, 2012, 04:38 PM
I know i can get to it via safari on my ipod so I'm always on. lol.
And almost all my hair related questioned typed into google lead me back here

Mya
September 21st, 2012, 04:55 PM
If you are still calling this "a productive way to spend time" and not an "addicting obsession that doesn't allow for much else" there is stil hope for you!:D
But yes, thank you LHC for giving me a great way to spend too much time and to spend time I don't have!:o
I could have said that.

(Poor us! :D)

bunnylake
September 21st, 2012, 05:02 PM
I have this site up on my phone 24-7!

MeowScat
September 22nd, 2012, 02:31 AM
I, too, always have this site open on my iPod. I check it several times a day and often spend many hours here.

I even read threads that have nothing to do with my hair (curly, henna threads, etc.) and I learn so much from them as well.

Thank you LHC for teaching me so much and always being supportive and funny! I'd be lost without you all. Being a member of this community feels like home.

:hollie:

Green Eyes
September 22nd, 2012, 04:12 AM
am on here every day all week lol i think i need help lol

Avital88
September 22nd, 2012, 04:17 AM
haha, sounds familiar to me

gillybeanxo3921
September 22nd, 2012, 04:25 AM
I love this site. Even when I'm not posting, I'm always reading. Constantly checking stuff out!

I measure my hair every few days to make sure nothing has changed, and I'm ecstatic when something has :D

DancingQueen
September 22nd, 2012, 05:37 AM
I too am addicted to LHC. I spend way too much time here. Maybe we should make a rehab or something like that? :D

jacqueline101
September 22nd, 2012, 07:01 AM
I have my blackberry with me at all times web surfing this site.

Dang3rousB3auty
September 23rd, 2012, 02:42 AM
I am always on here too..especially at night. I end up opening up 20 tabs and go through them all. This site has actually replaced the fb game I used to constantly play :P

piffyanne
September 23rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
Let's put it this way. I just got a new computer today, and the first thing I did on it was check LHC. :cheese:

maborosi
September 23rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
I try not to obsess too much over this place while I'm growing out, but....AGH! It's just so tempting to want to read all the stuff here and get enabled and buy EVERYTHING!

~maborosi~

Shepherdess
September 23rd, 2012, 10:21 PM
You know it is bad when you are going to check the weather or homework and somehow you automatically type in this website without thinking and don't realize it until you are already here. :p I do this way to much. :doh:

One week I might not even come onto this place, but then another week I can't keep off of it. I guess it goes along with my moods mostly, but lately it has been more addicting than usual, which isn't good seeing I should be keeping busy with other things. Ah well. :D

piffyanne
September 24th, 2012, 12:40 AM
You know it is bad when you are going to check the weather or homework and somehow you automatically type in this website without thinking and don't realize it until you are already here. :p I do this way to much. :doh:

One week I might not even come onto this place, but then another week I can't keep off of it. I guess it goes along with my moods mostly, but lately it has been more addicting than usual, which isn't good seeing I should be keeping busy with other things. Ah well. :D
Me! Me! Me! I did that, and I've been stuck here for THREE HOURS instead of getting on with my homework. :rolleyes:

Ephemeral
September 24th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I joined LHC in May. I was talking to hubby about my hair and said something about how obsessed I was with the site (and my hair)...when I first joined. He just rolled his eyes. I guess I am addicted...

itdontmatter48
September 24th, 2012, 10:48 AM
i am here throughtout the day as well, only problem is my dog is jealous of my computer time. other than that, I am learning something new every day.

ankh222
September 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
i log here almost daily,can't live without LHC :D

justgreen
September 24th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I joined LHC in May. I was talking to hubby about my hair and said something about how obsessed I was with the site (and my hair)...when I first joined. He just rolled his eyes. I guess I am addicted...

Yeah my dh used to roll his eyes every time he had to take a picture of the back of my head. He's been a member of a beer making forum for over three years now and he's totally addicted to it. He's even gone on meets. EVery time he flies and has a layover at the Denver airport he has a meet with a guy that works there. He got excited the day he hit 1000 posts. I just rolled my eyes and told him he had a LONG ways to go to catch up with me.:cool:

browneyedsusan
September 24th, 2012, 04:02 PM
*sigh* me too...

I hope my family doesn't stage an intervention!:o

Shepherdess
September 24th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Me! Me! Me! I did that, and I've been stuck here for THREE HOURS instead of getting on with my homework. :rolleyes:

Ha ha, yay! I'm not alone! :laugh:

RileyJane
September 24th, 2012, 07:08 PM
hehe, i was like that for a while :D school started again soooooo my time gets zapped, but still havent lost sight of long hair!

CurlyCap
September 24th, 2012, 08:54 PM
If I have an internet connected device, one of the tabs in my browser is always LHC.

It great because even if you're sick of reading about hair, there's always a 1000 other things to read about. Heck, there's an archive to pick through.

I've learned so much about so many things from this site.

teal
September 24th, 2012, 09:06 PM

My DH teased me a bit but there's no teasing now - he reaps the benefits of the knowledge I've gained here! :D

Swap homework for housework and I'm with you! Oy vey...

MelH
September 24th, 2012, 09:08 PM
My hubby calls it "that hair site". I usually check before bed along with fb and many times throughout the week just cause, but usually when I'm messing with my hair. So, yep, on here a lot now.

long&blonde
September 24th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Me too, absolutely.
If something comes up that I am actually not on here for 2 days straight(ha),
The third day I'm ecstatic signing on here,
Thinking "All new threads I've not read yet!" Lol.

MaryO
September 25th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I'm also in love with this site! I have to say even though I've been a huge hair fan all my life I never knew that there are so many ways to make it better. I'm in awe of all the knowledge circulating on LHC.

melusine963
September 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
When I first joined I was on here all the time, too (partly to increase my posts so that I could see people's pictures). Then I calmed down a bit. :)

terylenerose
September 25th, 2012, 04:28 PM
I'm on here a lot too, and yes it eats up time but not like my language studies do. (That's a whole other topic, and it's not even slightly hair-related so I won't hijack the thread with it.) Even when I'm not on some online forum discussion, I've constantly got bits of things along the lines of "yeah, I should try this curly hair treatment, it sounds nice...I still can't figure out these stupid tag questions, how the heck do they work?!...how in the world is 'Y plant sy'n chwilio am y gath heb ei ddarganfod eto' a valid sentence?...I'm really starting to like CWC, and SAO is a nice leave-in..." floating through my head. It's kind of hard to keep your mind on what you're supposed to be doing if you've got that kind of stuff in your head all the time.

But in any case, I have indeed learned a lot here, and I'm very glad I found this site. I'm not sure I would have been successful in growing my hair otherwise. Thanks all! :)