PDA

View Full Version : past hair colored hair..HELP

tweetylonghair
September 21st, 2012, 12:09 PM
I was trying to think of a way to help the underside of my hair So duh! ask here.. So I have 6 inches of virgin hair yeah....But the rest is colored faded hair and dry and tangles bad. and to not help matters is the underside.. So any suggestions besides coloring again with a temp from virgin down? please any advice welcome

tweetylonghair
September 21st, 2012, 07:21 PM
anything? anyone?

Roscata
September 21st, 2012, 07:29 PM
I'd say try oiling your hair that should help with the dryness. Mineral oil (baby oil) is really popular right now, apply it to wet hair (just a couple of drops and it should make all the difference).
You can also try SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128) or a heavier conditioner (like Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose), maybe even a leave-in conditioner (I like the kids detangling sprays because they are cheap and easy to use).

Good luck! :)

ETA: Previously chemically colored hair tends to benefit from protein treatments, so you may want to consider that.

DinaAG
September 21st, 2012, 08:25 PM
go for protein your colored hair will love it

Natalia
September 21st, 2012, 08:51 PM
I decided to grow out instead of dye again so no advice there. But some babying of the past dyed length maybe an smt and a deep oiling should help. Misting and damp bunning also good for that. Hope you get some helpful tips :)