PDA

View Full Version : You know you are good at braiding when...

spiritlocks
March 16th, 2008, 05:26 PM
So every night I sleep with my hair loose... well this morning I woke up, and my hair was tied back somehow. So i sat up and my hair was BRAIDED. and it wasn't some sloppy braid, it was neat and tidy, and very well made. so i guess i know what I do at night now. ^-^

has something like this happened to you?

Spiritlocks

florenonite
March 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I can't say it has, but it definitely amuses me ^_^

AntiHairSlave
March 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM
that's funny! that has never happened to me either.

kwaniesiam
March 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Wait I'm confused, did you braid your hair in your sleep?

People ask me to braid their hair sometimes. I don't mind, as long as there's time and its not awkward.

AJoifulNoise
March 16th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Wow, that's pretty impressive!

theindecisiveon
March 16th, 2008, 05:35 PM
That's amazing! It would be incredible to watch someone doing that in their sleep. Hmm, the boyfriend has long hair, I wonder if I could train him! :D

spiritlocks
March 16th, 2008, 05:37 PM
yes i did it in my sleep

spidermom
March 16th, 2008, 05:48 PM
That's quite extraordinary! I've never done anything that impressive.

I go to sleep with the radio on because there's a late-night talk show that I like (Coast to Coast A.M.). Most nights I will realize that I'm drifting off or that I've been asleep, and I will turn off the radio. Every once in awhile, however, I will wake up in the morning to discover that the radio is off, but I have no memory whatsoever of turning it off.

Neon Gloss
March 16th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Hah, sleep-braiding! I wish I could do something like that while I'm asleep!

BlndeInDisguise
March 16th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Lol! That's funny! I never do exciting things in my sleep. :p

Gumball
March 16th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Haha. I haven't heard of that before but that's pretty cool. Shaves a lot of time off of preparing for your day, too!

zift
March 16th, 2008, 07:19 PM
:lol:Neat. My brother used to walk around and do things in his sleep and than don't remember. You're at least productive hehe just hope you don't jump off the window or something:uhh:

velvetcat
March 16th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Thats hilarious!
I used to pull my hair out of braids when I slept. I think yours is better!

Wavelength
March 16th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Wow, very impressive! You just gave me hope -- maybe I can train myself to finally master a crown braid in my sleep! Lord knows I can't do it awake... :silly:

squiggyflop
March 16th, 2008, 08:31 PM
ive woken up with a ponytail but ive never woken up with a braid

spiritlocks
March 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM
that would have been really funny if it would have been like a five or six strand braid... i would have taken a picture of it then. ^-^

AprilElf
March 16th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I know there's a condition called 'restless legs', or something, where your legs can't stop moving when you're in bed --maybe you have 'restless fingers'!
That must have been strange, trying to remember when you braided your hair ...! :D

MadPirateBippy
March 17th, 2008, 12:36 AM
:( I am very good at doiing things in my sleep, up to and including taking calls for my job, promising people I'm going to do things (room mates and boyfriend have learned to double-check with me when I'm first waking up later, to make sure I really DID mean to say X, Y, or Z).

My mouth runs, I'm charming and witty when I'm still dead asleep. I can carry on conversations for ten to fifteen minutes without ever waking up. It can be a problem.

GlassEyes
March 17th, 2008, 01:52 AM
:( I am very good at doiing things in my sleep, up to and including taking calls for my job, promising people I'm going to do things (room mates and boyfriend have learned to double-check with me when I'm first waking up later, to make sure I really DID mean to say X, Y, or Z).

My mouth runs, I'm charming and witty when I'm still dead asleep. I can carry on conversations for ten to fifteen minutes without ever waking up. It can be a problem.

That sounds like a solid pirate trait to me. xD

longhairedfairy
March 17th, 2008, 02:17 AM
spiritlocks, that's too cool, lol.

MadPirateBippy, that's hilarious. I had a friend in highschool who would do things like that, such as answering questions on a trivia show in her sleep and then having no memory of it later.

Hypnotica
March 17th, 2008, 03:01 AM

My BF have the habit of laying like a bird singing in his sleep. He haven't done it to me, but not long ago he got a bunch of friends all rallied up because he said one of his friends was cheating on his girlfriend.

eadwine
March 17th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I haven't done the braid, but I have bunned it before :lol: I just am not awake enough to realize I did it.

Silver & Gold
March 17th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Well done!

tiny_teesha
March 17th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Sometimes things happen and i wake up and do/say stuff, but i am not actually fully awake and forget most of it in the morning.
One thing that was funny is that my mother said a very simple phrase about 5 times if not more, and i could not understand a word and kept saying "what?" And it was incomprehensible. It was clear speach but i could not translate....i couldnt comprehend. It was annoying! haha Because i just wanted to sleep but she kept asking me whatever she asked...lol

Alaia
March 17th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I can't really braid when I'm awake let alone when I'm asleep :p

Some talent you've got there!

thunderlilies
March 17th, 2008, 07:48 AM
well, I haven't braided my hair in my sleep, but I have taken my hair down (say from a bun or something) while asleep!

atlantaz3
March 17th, 2008, 09:44 AM
My dh had a wonderful conversation with me about putting racing tires on his TR6 for the big race and went into grand detail while asleep. The next morning I"m teasing him and he thinks I'm the crazy one. I used to get in all kinds of trouble with Mom agreeing to do things and then waking up to not knowing a thing. Maybe we could make one of those sleep tapes with braiding instructions borrowing from the other link - throw salt etc.

Blueneko
March 17th, 2008, 09:46 AM
That is wild! Let's have a sleep over! You can do our hair in your sleep! :)

Islandgrrl
March 17th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Hmmm...I've never braided in my sleep, but I have, on two occasions woken up fully dressed for work (having gone to bed in the usual jammies).

spidermom
March 17th, 2008, 01:07 PM
My son used to sleep so soundly that I could take off his diaper, bathe him, dress him for the day, and deliver him to pre-school without him waking up. I've often wondered how strange that must have been for him, to go to bed at home and wake up at pre-school.

Marysmirth
March 17th, 2008, 01:14 PM
You know, today is St. Patricks day and my grandmother once told me the elves and fairies love to play tricks on us "tall ones". Do you think you might have been paid a visit?

enfys
March 17th, 2008, 01:21 PM
That would be pretty cool, go to bed a birdsnest, wake up with a snazzy 'do. MadPirateBippy, I do the same thing of talking. My mum uses it to squeeze information out of me because I answer questions when I'm asleep. It's worrying. One of my friends housemates talks in Welsh when he's asleep which is so funny because we only know him as speaking English. Weird things happen when we sleep.
Just keep scissors away from by your bed!

spiritlocks
March 17th, 2008, 04:05 PM
there are NO scissors in my room while i sleep, i took that precaution years ago.

longhairedfairy
March 17th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Sometimes things happen and i wake up and do/say stuff, but i am not actually fully awake and forget most of it in the morning.
One thing that was funny is that my mother said a very simple phrase about 5 times if not more, and i could not understand a word and kept saying "what?" And it was incomprehensible. It was clear speach but i could not translate....i couldnt comprehend. It was annoying! haha Because i just wanted to sleep but she kept asking me whatever she asked...lol

I hate when someone does that to me, lol. I end up giving some really stupid nonsensical answer.

longhairedfairy
March 17th, 2008, 04:31 PM
My son used to sleep so soundly that I could take off his diaper, bathe him, dress him for the day, and deliver him to pre-school without him waking up. I've often wondered how strange that must have been for him, to go to bed at home and wake up at pre-school.

Aw, that's too cute.:)

Ohio Sky
March 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Maybe you were having a dream about braiding. Ive done stuff like that before, though not precisely that...

lora410
March 17th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hmmmm maybe one day i can learn that trick and not have to worry about putting my hair up in the morning :lol:

spiritlocks
March 17th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Maybe you were having a dream about braiding. Ive done stuff like that before, though not precisely that...
I was actually dreaming about horses.... *shrug*

spiritlocks
March 21st, 2008, 09:19 AM
hahaha just through i'd say... i woke up with my hair braided again ^-^

Bonny
March 21st, 2008, 07:52 PM
So were you dreaming about horses this time too?

spiritlocks
March 21st, 2008, 08:01 PM
nope i was dreaming about cross stitching and my hair was in the way. ^-^

LifeisAdventure
March 21st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Wow! I wish I had some magical sleep-braiding ability. That's an awesome hidden talent. :)

ETA: I'd settle for some magical awake-braiding ability, too!

littlebabywulf
March 21st, 2008, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately, the only exciting thing I do in my sleep is pull my hair out. It only happens when I'm completely exhausted for some reason.

It's bad enough to try and control trich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichotillomania) while I'm awake during the day. It's very frustrating to wake up and realize I'm pulling my hair out. :rolleyes:

tuuli
March 21st, 2008, 09:35 PM
:spitting:
you've got potential! :cool:
this never happened to me. i just unbraid while i sleep.