PDA

View Full Version : How often?

AutumnLocks
September 20th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I did an ACV final rinse on my hair when I shampooed today. I must say that I love the way my hair looks and feels!
Now my question is: How often can I do this? Is it something that can be done every time I shampoo or is a periodic treatment? Also, has anyone ever tried beer to rinse with?

Kelikea
September 20th, 2012, 06:34 PM
I do it every time, but have switched to white vinegar. After seeing the brown coating left on my applicator bottle from the acv, I decided I didn't want that on my hair. I use the white vinegar on my hair and body, and for cleaning, and acv for use internally:)

Arakazi
September 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I love beer rinses!:beercheer: I do a white vinegar rinse every wash or two. I only wash my hair once a week though so I will let a more experienced person answer your question on that :D

fairhairedthing
September 20th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I love ACV and do not experience issues with the aforementioned "brown coating", but I only use it once a week, sometimes more sometimes less. I have heard it leaves a stain sometimes but I'm a mid light blonde so if anyone can say once per week is safe it's me.

AutumnLocks
September 20th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the info ladies! I just can't stand the white distilled vinegar. I only use it to clean my coffee pot and tea maker! I use the all natural unheated unfooled around with kind in the kitchen so that's what I used on my hair. I have noticed also that there is no smell other than my shampoo on my hair....:)

Loveisaverb
September 20th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I'd say you can do it every time, since that's what many people do.
Through I have heard that people switched to white vinegar because it brings out a reddish tint when some people were blonde and such.
But if not, go ahead. Since it restores and balances out the Ph level in your hair.