PDA

View Full Version : Drugstore Products. PLEASE HELP!

MindBeforeMouth
September 20th, 2012, 05:23 PM
So, I was wondering what the best products are to use if you are on a budget and shopping at a drugstore? Also, if you have any cool methods you'd like to share.
It would be greatly appreciated!c:

Kelikea
September 20th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I like V05 conditioner. It is less than $1 for a big bottle. I also use sunflower oil and honey to do OCM and wash my face, both were purchased at the local grocery store. White vinegar, diluted in an applicator/dispenser bottle (from walmart) and used for rinsing all over--hair, face, body. I also use the vinegar to clean mirrors and counters--about 1/2 diluted with water in a spray bottle. I use baking soda to brush my teeth:)

Hmm...I guess almost everything else I order online. Sorry.

Vanilla
September 20th, 2012, 05:42 PM
What kind of regime are you on? S + C? CO?

If you are S+C, a lot of members like Burt's bees products, which are SLS free. Also, Jason products can be found in drug stores and I like them as well.

If you're CO, a lot of people like V05 and suave products.

Madora
September 20th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Mineral oil for moisturizing, detangling and taming frizzies!

A bottle of Johnson and Johnson baby oil (with only a fragrance added) will last for ages!

More about it here:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=225

starlamelissa
September 20th, 2012, 06:27 PM
makeupalley is a great website to read honest reviews about all different kinds of products. I like shampoo and condish, followed by a leave in and a drop of baby oil.

my routine is -pantene aqualight shampoo,suave sleek condish (smells so clean!!! luv it!!) and my post wash leave ins are paul mitchell the conditioner and a drop of johnsons baby oil. These products all have a fresh clean smell.

If i was going even cheaper I'd do this-
vO5 healthful green tea shampoo/or vO5 silky experiences shea cashmere shampoo, suave sleek condish, and a generic baby oil gel as a leave in (only a drop!). I'd use a baby oil gel that way I'd get mineral oil and cones in one product. And the two v05 shampoos Ive listed are pretty gentle to my hair/lightly scented.

If I was going sulphate and cone free Id probably use a generic store brand lavender baby shampoo, and white rain lavender vanilla conditoner. Followed by walmart's lavender scented baby oil for detangling. I need my mineral oil, clearly!

bunnylake
September 20th, 2012, 07:59 PM
CO is a great method that I like a lot. You use cheap silicone-free conditioner like Suave Naturals or VO5.

Also, you could save on shampoo by diluting it with water.

patienceneeded
September 20th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I recently tried my daughter's Suave, as it smelled DIVINE and I couldn't resist using it myself. I was shocked by how nice my hair was afterwards!!!!! I haven't used Suave since I was a child and (being snobbish, I guess) I figured it's soooooo cheap, it won't work well for me. It has been working great on DD's hair (she's only 5) and mmmmm, the smell! SO yummy! I will be using Suave now too. LOVE it. That will save some money!

Oh, we're using the Everlasting Sunshine.

catamonica
September 20th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I buy olive oil from a 99 cent store. I put 2 capfuls in my shampoo & conditioner. And 3 capfuls of Aloe Vera gel in my conditioner. The Aloe really makes my hair softer. And you can put it on dry hair too.

starlamelissa
September 21st, 2012, 07:34 AM
is the everlasting sunshine a moisterizing shampoo? It looks creamy.

teal
September 21st, 2012, 12:03 PM
I use a Suave Naturals conditioner for my occasional CO washing. It's already inexpensive and it often goes on sale.

jacqueline101
September 21st, 2012, 12:15 PM
Dollar tree for generic hair towel turbo twist
Dollar general for mane n tail shampoo and conditioner
Dollar general for clips vinegar elastics and combs

jacqueline101
September 21st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Sorry forgot some dollar tree mineral oils. I make my own detangler and hair spray.

TiffanieJean
September 21st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Definitely VO5's clarifying shampoo. I order a lot of hair stuff from Vitacost. They have a huge variety of natural hair products, and it's really cheap. Especially when they do a extra 20% off sale (just bought Avalon Organics Biotin conditioner for $4.62 and Mill Creek's Biotin Shampoo for $4.64! SCORE! :happydance:lol I buy Giovanni hair products and oil from them too.

Here's a referral link for $10 off your 1st Vitacost order if you want to go that route.

http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralCode=3362046

Amber_Maiden
September 21st, 2012, 12:52 PM
I like Aussie :)