PDA

View Full Version : Aveda Invati!! Holy crap its good!

gonzobird
September 20th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I used the shamp, cond, and scalp revitalizer Tuesday night, scalp stuff wed morning, last night and this morning, and omg. my hair is getting better by the day. Really.

THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!!!

of course, too soon to really tell, but here it goes.

Shampoo: runny consistency, but I like it, smells fantastic, makes tiny super bubbles, felt like it was super cleaning my scalp, but in a happy non harsh very thorough kind of way.

Condt: soft, and thicker consistency, like it was realllly conditioning. not coating the hair, but penetrating. Smells amazing. was so so for detangling. ( i usually have to use something else like a leave in detangler any ays, so I wasnt surprised)

Detangling after..... quite scary. ok, so I had not washed my hair for 6 days. I usually go 3. My hair was dirty and nasty, soreish scalp (like it NEEDS to be washed sore) and i think its a shedding time of year anyways, but I bet i shed at least 100 or more hairs which is a TON for me. (normally 30ish) So, it was prob an extra three days worth of hair, so thats fine. It seemed about double than what comes out every 3 days but it seemed a bit more, too. ( I didnt count, but it was enough to freak me out. gobs and gobs.) I have a theory this shampoo seriously exfoliated my scalp, which it says it does, and a bunch of hairs that were going to come out anyways came out, too. So Im not panicking. I bet I have clogged follicles anyways, and it really cleaned them out.

so.... after that said, my hair looks and feels better than before. Super shiny, crazy body. (not slippery like I can run my finger thru it, but not terrible, either. no matts or anything) This stuff is 97% natural. the ingredients are wonderful, and I think Im in love.

Scalp stuff: cats meow. bees knees. smells amazing, tingles your scalp, feels great, and gives you insane lift, volume, and its nourishing your scalp.

Overall, Ill keep you posted after I use it a bit more. The one bonus for me is that I work in a salon, so it was 50 for all three things for me, and If I continue to love it can get liters of it for a good deal, I only say this because theres no way I would have bought it if I had to pay full price, but im telling you, give it a try. I am all for shedding less, growing more hair, having crazy body and shine without stripping my hair. This stuff is totally worth the hefty price tag.(again, Ill keep updating. Ive only used it a few times so Ill try not to get too excited.

JellyBene
September 20th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I love this stuff too! I got a sample of it at one of their salons and when I used it I had a great hair day! Like you said, shiny and full of body

hermosamendoza
September 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I like Aveda products but I quit buying after encountering too many Un-knowledgable staff in the front representing the school counter. Turns out to work the front you don't have to know anything about hair and caring for it or even have to have gone to beauty school.

AnnaJamila
September 20th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Lol, I love Aveda. My aunt left this wonderful thick clove conditioner at my house one time and it was soooooo great! Just wish the brand wasn't so expensive!

Avital88
September 20th, 2012, 01:55 PM
you all make me very curious to try it aswel :-) does the shampoo contains SLS?

hermosamendoza
September 20th, 2012, 01:56 PM
...snipped... Just wish the brand wasn't so expensive!
Me too! my sister went to school there and even with her student discount it was expensive!!

I really like the brilliant conditioner
hmmm now you ladies have me thinking again about getting some more...I think i might have some left over in my closet.

akilina
September 20th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Hmmmmmmm
Next time I go to Cosmo Prof I will look to see if they have this :)
Nothing is working for me lately so I need something new. Generally I can get things half off there.

gonzobird
September 20th, 2012, 02:03 PM
No sls in the shampoo. Its glorious.

Ive been using Aveda products since 1994. I'm not new to it. And I've tried everything. As far as something thats actually good for your hair, and helps with shedding and new growth, body, shine, this does it all. And its 97% natural. This stuff is mega expensive, but id still buy it even if I didnt get it cheaper.

If you call an Aveda salon and say you really want to try the stuff but arnt sure about forking over that much money, ask for a sample. They are usually pretty cool about giving samples out from their back bar stuff if they dont have any on hand.

gonzobird
September 20th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Akilina, Cosmoprof doesnt have it.

Tabitha
September 20th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Funny you think it smells amazing - I think it smells disgusting and I really grit my teeth through washing my hair with it. As a result, I haven't forced myself to use it consistently enough to see how it works with my hair.

Amygirl8
September 20th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Considering your hairtype is similar to mine, gonzobird, I think it sounds awesome and that I'll have to give it a try :nod:

gonzobird
September 20th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Tabitha.... I love the way all aveda stuff smells. Some people can't stand it, which i find crazy. I like earthy smells. Either way... It doesn't linger and since it works so well, you should bust it out again.:)

TheHowlingWolf
January 1st, 2013, 03:18 PM
I've been thinking about getting the Invati shampoo! I've never tried any Aveda products before!

papillon
September 21st, 2017, 11:39 PM
Is anyone else using the system?

I just started a couple of weeks ago, and cannot believe how much my hair loves it! It's thicker, softer, and overall wonderful. It's coaxing out my S-waves. I really hope this continues as my hair gets longer!

renia22
June 26th, 2018, 11:57 AM
So FYI, it’s now “Invati Advanced”. I only like the scalp tonic, but it’s twice as expensive now. Supposedly it’s becasue it’s to be used once a day vs twice a day like the original formula, but I just read reviews that people are saying they think it’s too heavy and greasy. Anyone try it yet?

(Not sure about the new shampoo or conditioner formulas)