PDA

View Full Version : Thickening hair naturally...

Shepherdess
September 19th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I found this article and thought it was interesting!

What do all of you think of it?

Has any of you tried out the things mentioned in this article? :)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/69894-can-thicken-hair-naturally/

akilina
September 19th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I like reading really hair friendly articles that actually tell you to put down the heat.
I take my vitamins and I use oils with EOs in them on my scalp.
I probably would never do the flour thing..and I am not a fan of eggs in my hair really.

Personally, I notice when I use aloe vera as a leave in my hair feels thicker. 100% aloe with no nasty chemicals. My main focus though is growing back all this hair I have been shedding in hopes of thicker hair some day.
My moms hair was like mine up until she went grey..Now her hair is incredibly strong and pretty darn thick-very healthy. I am jealous! I can't wait until I have hair like hers.

Shepherdess
September 19th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I like reading really hair friendly articles that actually tell you to put down the heat.
I take my vitamins and I use oils with EOs in them on my scalp.
I probably would never do the flour thing..and I am not a fan of eggs in my hair really.

Personally, I notice when I use aloe vera as a leave in my hair feels thicker. 100% aloe with no nasty chemicals. My main focus though is growing back all this hair I have been shedding in hopes of thicker hair some day.
My moms hair was like mine up until she went grey..Now her hair is incredibly strong and pretty darn thick-very healthy. I am jealous! I can't wait until I have hair like hers.

I bet that the flour in hair probably works similar to baking soda and just adds volume and it probably doesn't really thicken it, because I can't really see how it would.

Oh, I haven't tried aloe vera oil before, I really should!

That sounds nice! Perhaps someday you will have hair just like her's! :thumbsup:

Madora
September 19th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I found this article and thought it was interesting!

What do all of you think of it?

Has any of you tried out the things mentioned in this article? :)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/69894-can-thicken-hair-naturally/

I'd hate to think how much damage I'd cause trying to get that flour out of my hair! Way too much manipulation!

There is no way to increase the number of hair follicles you already have in order to have thicker hair. The hair industry has tons of stuff that you can add to your hair for the appearance of thicker hair...but that stuff coats the strands and creates buildup.

The most natural way to achieve the appearance of thicker hair is to let it grow longer so the shorter hairs can join the longer ones. A straight across blunt hemline also achieves the illusion of thicker hair.

Amygirl8
September 19th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Eh, what do I have to lose?
I think I might give some of those a shot lol.

longforthis
September 19th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Personally, I notice when I use aloe vera as a leave in my hair feels thicker. 100% aloe with no nasty chemicals.

I've noticed that too! Not sure how or why, but it always does.

I need to start using it again, lol. Why I stopped, idk. :rolleyes:

missannie
September 19th, 2012, 11:35 PM
The site was so interesting! Ever since I have joined LHC I started using coconut oil and I love it, I have noticed a big change in my hair. Its shinier, softer and I amnot experiencing static cling like usual!