PDA

View Full Version : coconut oil and co wash fail :/

hermosamendoza
September 19th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I did my Vatika oil again last night because I was needing to wash my hair. Last time I did an amla powder mask afterwords that dried my hair a little but gave me incredible volume.

So to the suggestions of other I went out and got some V05 conditioner and tried to use that to wash out the oil. It seems the general liking is to put in the conditoner on oiled hair before water and let it sit for 15 minutes. Well I did that and then rinsed and even did a diluted poo rinse and now my hair looks wet and stringy even though it's dry!
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: did i do it wrong? i mean my hair looks shiny but it's all stringy...

Now i have to go run some errands and have it pulled up in a bun until i can come back home, read suggestions, and/or shampoo my hair

Tisiloves
September 19th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Really saturate your dry hair with conditioner, give a good scrub in the shower, and rinse more thoroughly than you think you need to. HTH.

spidermom
September 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM
That has only happened to me when the weather is very hot. Otherwise conditioner takes the oil out just fine. Maybe you got the wrong VO5 conditioner. Some formulas work better than others. I've been using Natures Gate Sunflower and Pomegranate; it works very well for that.

Ephemeral
September 19th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I wash twice with it, rinse longer than you think you need and then I finish with a acv dilution (and rinse again).

hermosamendoza
September 19th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Going to try again i got the top of my head sopping "wet" with conditioner but my husband had to use the bathroom and ran me out before i could get my ends equally "wet"

Sigh, going to have to redu my hair again I guess...

sorry I'm in a bummy mood because of a sick toddler making life a a little more difficult today...it's the common cold but it's making her super whiney! lol

teal
September 19th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I wash twice with it, rinse longer than you think you need and then I finish with a acv dilution (and rinse again).

Seconding this advice. This is what I do, too.

Dang3rousB3auty
September 19th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I actually used the conditioner on wet hair to get out the oil..and it worked really well for me.

hermosamendoza
September 19th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I did it wet this time and twice. Seems to have worked better.
I also rinsed for a looong time. It looks less stringy. Just waiting for my hair to air dry
I used the kiwi lime one cause it was the best smelling one of the four choices at Walmart.

Roscata
September 19th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I often have a tough time washing out coconut oil with CO when using V05 (Suave is MUCH better). Generally speaking I need to do two COs, then a heavy conditioner on the length and washing conditioner on the scalp (the third time) to get it all out. But then I realized I use too much coconut oil, less is more.

hermosamendoza
September 19th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I often have a tough time washing out coconut oil with CO when using V05 (Suave is MUCH better). Generally speaking I need to do two COs, then a heavy conditioner on the length and washing conditioner on the scalp (the third time) to get it all out. But then I realized I use too much coconut oil, less is more.

Lol I tried to use less coconut oil but I did it on dry hair this time and it's so hard to tell. I'll get some suave tomorrow while I'm at the store. I plan on trying all the brands.

hermosamendoza
September 19th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I figured out what was bugging me apart from the stringy lol
I am growing out "ombre" and the bleached ends do not mix with all this oiling and co washing.

So I went to do the Feye's U-hemline trim. It's still a slight v because I couldn't get the whole v off and I was too chicken and afraid I would cut off too much.

My hair looks so much better! And my husband won't stop smelling and complimenting my hair :heart: :heart: :heart:

If I can figure out how to upload pics I will :) (ETA I FOUND A WAY)

PS my virgin hair is 100% frizz and fly away free! I think this is how I'll keep my hair growing with no added colors...it will be good motivation

BEFORE COCONUT OIL AND COWASH >>
http://imageshack.us/a/img543/4860/sept12h.jpg

AFTER COCONUTOIL AND COWASH>>>
http://imageshack.us/a/img825/3306/hair1i.jpg

so here is my hair after coconut and co wash and a partial U-hemline

hermosamendoza
September 19th, 2012, 09:19 PM
PS both of the pictures above were air dried 100%

hermosamendoza
September 20th, 2012, 07:39 AM
I'm stalking my own hair pics lol. I can't believe the difference. The uhemline really ties in well with my other layers. I did what would probably be called a dusting to get the blondest pieces off of the ends. It was less than 1/4 of an in and to get the tip off I cut no more than 1/2 an inch. Probably less. Now I'm less self conscious about the weird layers growing out.

Also I showed the pics to my husband who couldn't believe the difference. I keep mentioning this I guess because he is a guys guy and normally doesn't take a second look at beauty stuff lol

xoxophelia
September 20th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I think it looks fine both before and after ^_^'

Wildcat Diva
September 20th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I had the most amazing silky results from using lots of walnut oil, which seems very light textured to me, then CWCing out. I used VO5 kiwi conditioner on dry (oiled) hair and let it sit until dry, then seriously CWC it out with lots of massaging the conditioner in, lathering it, rinsing a bit, adding more conditioner, then shampoo bar, then more condish, and rinsing rinsing rinsing.

Sometimes, I have found using a heat cap on the conditioner before the wash will help it get out better. I love my heating cap.

hermosamendoza
September 20th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I think it looks fine both before and after ^_^'

pictures from an ipod or cheap cell phone can't really show the difference but my hair was super dry, frizzy, and had unatrual waves from all the damage/dryness. And the after picture I did the same thing (other than the oil/co wash) I washed and combed and left it be just like i do every other time.

teal
September 20th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Ooh, pretty! :) I'm glad you're happy with it!