PDA

View Full Version : 80's day at my kid's school.

Angel Barchild
September 19th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to hair hell. Today is 80's day at my daughter's school, and she wanted me to do her hair. As a child of the 80's (jr. high) I was happy to help. So I dug out my can of hair spray, the curling iron, and my rat tail comb and went to town. I think I broke every hair rule under the sun, but it's authentic! The only thing missing was the Aquanet. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go clean baked on hair spray off my curling iron.:D

Katleen
September 19th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Did you put the crimping iron in her hair? That's my memory of the eighties :-))

Angel Barchild
September 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM
If I look deep enough in my closet I might (maybe:o) still have my crimping iron. My daughter's is too short for that though, she cut it to an a line bob last week. I just gave her the big bangs. She was sitting in the bathroom when I was doing mysterious things (her words) to her hair. Suddenly she looked up and asked "What's that sizzling sound? Did you just spray my hair with hair spray while it was on the hot curling iron?" Lol so many memories.

twoLs118
September 19th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Did you put the crimping iron in her hair? That's my memory of the eighties :-))

OMG I loved crimping my hair!!!!

Tisiloves
September 19th, 2012, 07:22 AM
OMG! Crimpers, I remember when they were the in thing, along with those weird half up pigtails a la B*witched (the band, not the TV show).

Hope your daughter loved her mysterious hair.