PDA

View Full Version : What is frustrating you about your hair thread

bunzfan
September 19th, 2012, 05:17 AM
I know we all have these moments, as usual i'm frustrated by my growth i'm just to impatient . What's yours?

pullanmuru
September 19th, 2012, 05:18 AM
i'm frustrated with my hair falling and breaking.

bunzfan
September 19th, 2012, 05:20 AM
i'm frustrated with my hair falling and breaking.

Now that is something to really be frustrated with, have you tried oils for the breaking? that helped me loads. I'm sorry your going through a shed:(

pullanmuru
September 19th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Now that is something to really be frustrated with, have you tried oils for the breaking? that helped me loads. I'm sorry your going through a shed:(
Thanks for sympathy :) I've tried oiling, though i'm still trying out different oils and what suits my hair type. Haven't yet figured out the best oil and the correct method of doing it but I hope I'll get there and find that it helps.

bunzfan
September 19th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Thanks for sympathy :) I've tried oiling, though i'm still trying out different oils and what suits my hair type. Haven't yet figured out the best oil and the correct method of doing it but I hope I'll get there and find that it helps.

Just a tiny amount of coconut oil about a finger nail scraping daily stops my old damaged ends breaking. Grape seed is lighter but can dry some hair out.

millyaulait
September 19th, 2012, 05:59 AM
It just never sits right. Seems super trivial, but I want to wear my hair down without it looking weird. :\

pepperminttea
September 19th, 2012, 06:02 AM
I have a choice between frizzy, tangled and matted waves or a frizzy combed-out bush. :justy:

cooklaezo13
September 19th, 2012, 06:18 AM
This length looks awkward on me, and my ends are dry like straw and stick to each other like velcro.

hellucy
September 19th, 2012, 06:21 AM
My ends.... for a strange unknown (to me) reason, whenever I put my hair up with the ends protected/tucked in (dry or damp, oiled or not) when I take my hair down the ends are very dry, rough & coarse :justy: However if I leave it down they are a little dry but nowhere near as bad as if they have been up :shrug:
I've clarified, SMT'd, oiled, MO, used leave ins - I know my hair is naturally dry but the last inch or so has gone haywire, I really don't want to trim as I'm only an inch from APL :wail:

bunzfan
September 19th, 2012, 06:22 AM
I love hearing that everyone gets frustrated by it just like me, keep them coming ladies .

Tota
September 19th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I'm frustrated with my growth (the lack of it actually) and massive Autumn shedding. Why oh why must Summer be over? :(

spidermom
September 19th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Split ends. I've always got lots of them no matter what I do.

millyaulait
September 19th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Oh, I forgot shedding.

I shed like crazy. In fact, I shed more than my cat. Yuck.

celebriangel
September 19th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I had to chop to shoulder to get rid of chemical dye, and it's still not all gone! BSL with all natural hair is gonna take a year, and BSL feels short to me :(

I mean, I don't regret my decision or anything. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long for long hair, cause at the moment I can hardly do any updos.

Ambystoma
September 19th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Frizz frizz frizz. The most annoying thing though would have to be my roots. The first 1 - 1 1/2 inches is permanently a different colour from the rest, it's a lot more ashy but then seems to magically turn auburn after a few weeks of incidental sun exposure. I really hate it since it looks like I'm too lazy to keep up with colouring it but I don't even get the pleasure of having freshly dyed roots once in a while! I'm considering experimenting with fudge or a similar wash out dye to make it blend better and look like I don't dye it :laugh: which is pretty sad, having undyed hair that looks dyed so you dye it to look natural :steam.

I wonder if any other auburn/redheads have this problem, and what you do about it (or if you just try to ignore it like I do since they discontinued the Aztec Copper LIVE rinse I used to like)

terylenerose
September 19th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Wow, just the thread for me today! :)
Where to start, hmm... I've listed "3a" in my sidebar, but that's only because every once in a blue moon, when all the stars are aligned correctly and the polarity of the light is all pointing in one direction, my hair is in ringlets from roots to ends, and the rest of the time I look like a 2b or so growing out a perm. I'm only exaggerating a little here. The bottom of my hair curls pretty easily, but the rest of it tends to have its curls fall out with the slightest misstep. I can't say I've tried "everything", but I have stuck with several different routines for what would seem to be long enough to find out if they work, and pretty much everything I've tried my hair either likes at first and doesn't like later, or never likes much at all.
This may have something to do with most of my hair having some form of dye or bleach on it; I have a feeling that if I cut off all the non-virgin parts I'd be left with a happily curling pixie, but of course I'm never going to chop my hair off again because I can't stand short hair on me. *sigh*
The other thing about my hair that's majorly frustrating is its propensity for looking dirty to everyone else. I don't know how many times I've been on a WO, CO, BS/WV or stretching-washes routine, gotten found out and basically forced to wash my hair with some kind of soapy stuff at least twice a week. :rolleyes: I can't experiment to find out which routine works best for me, because I'm fairly confident that that ideal routine doesn't include anything resembling shampoo and I'm not allowed to wash my hair without something like shampoo. This is what comes of trying to take care of your hair at a young age -- you get in trouble for it! :( It doesn't help anything that my scalp likes to produce oils and dandruff and I have a really hard time getting it totally clean. I'd probably have to use strong dish detergent to actually fully clean my scalp. :X I don't understand how having curly hair is supposed to hide grease. It doesn't do that for me.
In case I haven't made that obvious, I have quite nice parents who really care about me. Unfortunately for my hair and my curiosity, they insist that I look absolutely squeaky clean all the time so that my appearance doesn't reflect badly on them. Noble intentions, but disappointing results.

raingirl
September 19th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Thin hair. I have sever iron deficiency anemia and I think it's the reason my hair is so thin. I've been on iron supplements for 15 years and my iron never goes up and my hair is getting thinner and thinner!

dragonfly90
September 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I shaved my head a month ago, so now I am frustrated by the lack of growth even though it is probably average.

verylittlecarro
September 19th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I'm growing out a horrible disaster of a short hair cut, and my ugly layers are just wrong-diddly-wrong-wrong. But I'm trying to leave them alone and just grow.

I'm growing out chemical dye (and embracing henna) but I'm struggling to adjust to how much darker my natural hair is at the back of my head than I remember - and how much lighter it is around my face. I have two tone hair. Or three tone, since the dye job is lighter than the roots.

I used to think my hair grew quite fast. I don't think that's the case any more as it's agonisingly slow.

Turns out my hair is wavy, but the prettiest curls are hidden under a straighter canopy.

My shoulder length hair does a ridiculous 1960s flick outwards, like a victory roll. It practically makes a full circle upwards. I look like a member of the B52s.

(But I'm liking getting my real hair back again. And it's exciting to know my hair is going to be long again one day. I've really missed it.)

Fabulosity
September 19th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I've been going through a severe shed for three months and it doesn't seem to be ending soon. Blah. I don't have much hair to start with. The doc says my blood work looks fantastic - no deficiencies, no thyroid issues. It's just One Of Those Things.

melusine963
September 19th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I have a choice between frizzy, tangled and matted waves or a frizzy combed-out bush. :justy:

Exactly this. It makes me very sad that I'll never be able to wear my hair loose and look presentable unless I use a ton of products or heat styling. :(

browneyedsusan
September 19th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I'm growing out a horrible disaster of a short hair cut, and my ugly layers are just wrong-diddly-wrong-wrong. But I'm trying to leave them alone and just grow.

I'm growing out chemical dye (and embracing henna) but I'm struggling to adjust to how much darker my natural hair is at the back of my head than I remember - and how much lighter it is around my face. I have two tone hair. Or three tone, since the dye job is lighter than the roots.

I used to think my hair grew quite fast. I don't think that's the case any more as it's agonisingly slow.

Turns out my hair is wavy, but the prettiest curls are hidden under a straighter canopy.

My shoulder length hair does a ridiculous 1960s flick outwards, like a victory roll. It practically makes a full circle upwards. I look like a member of the B52s.

(But I'm liking getting my real hair back again. And it's exciting to know my hair is going to be long again one day. I've really missed it.)

I get it. I don't look at my hair very often, just long enough to pin it up and forget about it! Today, I took a new picture for my siggy. Holey mackerel, just re-sizing it and adding a text box has jerked me right out of my denial! I should have left my hair up and used my old siggy a while longer...

It's neat finding out what we've got for hair, isn't it? I always thought my hair was as straight as a pin! I'd love to see your "victory rolls"!

Yours in pinning up our goofy layers,
Susan

verylittlecarro
September 19th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I love your siggy, Susan! Nice to see the updated pic. Your hair has really grown and the colour is fab.

I'll endeavour to take a pic of the victory rolls when they are at their most heinous. I should do a siggy like yours too. So encouraging to see such progress.

Jorja
September 19th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I look like a member of the B52s.

:DLOL

Mine frustrates me by not playing nicely with the other hairs. Some lay nicely, others strain to keep away from them. I'm having it pinned up every day now, like a strait jacket for my hairs. Get out of that, hair.

MissAlida
September 19th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Shedding. Lots and lots of shed hair all over the place. And thin braids/ponytails, tiny updos.

bunzfan
September 19th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I almost forgot, i hate it hate it! that a stylist sliced or should i slashed into the sides of my hair to blend into my fringe if i wanted it thinning out i would of asked!

Maybe
September 19th, 2012, 10:49 AM
It is frustrating that it is too short to put up neatly (APL, thick, heavily layered) so that I can just put it up, protect it, forget about it and let it grow.

jacqueline101
September 19th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Mine makes me upset when I have it styled and it goes every which way.

mermaid74
September 19th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I hate that the front and crown area of my hair is the only part that is damaged, or gets damaged, it makes my mullet stage much longer when growing!

MaryO
September 19th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Apart from my hair being short and growing waaaay too slow I have a weird area on my head where the hair that grows there is super tangly and hard, especially when wet! Oi!!

longforthis
September 19th, 2012, 11:27 AM
That I can never find a good balance between moisturized and frizzy. @____@

gthlvrmx
September 19th, 2012, 11:34 AM
im so fed up with the ****ing hair sheds from medication and ive got a bit more to go with the shedding. but after im done with the new medication (pain medication and anesthetic from surgery) im so just not gonna try to use anymore pills, just my night time one that i cut in half so there. im tired of losing hair. its so thin, i lost about 1/2 or more of my hair already since my first shed from the individual braids. that was awful. then working hard on changing your routine and learning things to help your hair and you STILL get MORE hair sheds? its ******** that's what it is. im sick and tired of it. im so frustrated with it. so so frustrated. and it gets dry from CO washing?! the only thing that helps so far is using some oil which is fine, i just hope it doesnt stay stuck in my hair, it shouldnt. i hope it works out for me oiling and there.

and theres this wad of hair in the back thats still dry and damaged from when it started forming a matted dread looking thing from the ponytail, hairspray, and gell. its awful, its still rough and dry and i cant just cut the whole thing off!! itl just stick out in the back! maybe i should do micro trimming on it. probably. every month. until its all gone. ill do that. sigh. it'll look funny being the shortest part but thats what you gotta do with damage. cut it off.

i still have damaged parts on my hair and they frustrate me :( not super damaged but it certainly feels differnt from the new hairs. i have new hairs EVERYWHERE. like everywhere. ive shedded so much its almost really like starting all over again.

i guess the positive part is that im "starting over" in a sense. the new hairs feel healthy and fine. its them old hairs that got hurt in the past that are bugging me.

i wanted to just cut away to the top of where that dreaded mat hair was when i reached a much longer length like mid thigh but i dont think thats happening because i dont think its growing much. Ill waist till the length reaches BCL and begin trimming there and maintaining. thats what ill do. and then i'll finally have a blunt cut. that will look cool.

edit: wait wait....i measured my damaged part right now and compared it to what length it was in last year ive grown around the same amount the rest of my length did. so i guess im ok to keep growing, i just have to S&D it more than the rest because this area is where i find the tangles and splits. i think it grew fine but it doesnt feel nice and it tangles.

ill go back to plan b and grow to a longer length like mid thigh or knee and start trimming the whole thing then. i think maybe knee. ive got a long ways to go! ill just pamper my hair and treat it like an antique lace until then :)

Demi-Plum
September 19th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I'm not really sure why I'm frustrated with my hair. I'm starting to think it's all in my head. I feel like there is something I'm not doing for my hair that it wants me to do, but my hair looks to be fairly healthy. I've been having a lot of problems lately (I've been sick for a long time, anxiety issues, ect) and I feel like I've been neglecting my hair, even though I haven't changed my routine. Maybe I need a change of shampoo and conditioner.... I'm not sure. It could just be in my head that I think there's a problem that really isn't there. I'm trying to even my body back out of all it's fun little problems right now.

Amber_Maiden
September 19th, 2012, 12:17 PM
When it's dry. The rest of the time I'm trying to stop it from becoming dry- but when it's full blown dry, it take smoothes for it to recover! :(

Mya
September 19th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I hate that the front and crown area of my hair is the only part that is damaged, or gets damaged, it makes my mullet stage much longer when growing!
Heh! You're not alone.

kitschy
September 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM
6" of shrinkage.......ACKKKKKkkkkkk!:steam

bunzfan
September 19th, 2012, 12:59 PM

Now that is Frustration i :applause you for your patience .

deltadeliquent
September 19th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I'm frustrated with the top layer of my hair that is dry and frizzy. If I could cut that off without looking very weird I'd be fine...oh and I hate that my ends don't stick together. Straw city...

SugarPlumDreams
September 19th, 2012, 02:37 PM

Oh my, I hear you on this one! My hair is currently short, but I was looking at older photos, and came across one of me stretching my APL hair, and the curl came down under BSL. Maybe 4-5"? It's so frustrating!

I'm currently aggravated by the fact that I have some little bits that won't go all the way up into a pony, and by the fact that I have too many layers. It's going to take me FOR. EVER. to grow my hair out.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 19th, 2012, 03:00 PM
My main problem with my hair is - me! I just want it long NOW!!!

I've got chocolate, anyone gonna join me while we sit and wait?

Henrietta
September 19th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I do have one irritating thing, my dry ends. But since I trim them (little steps) and I have found ways to keep them smooth before I trim off all the old damage, so it is possible to change frustration into neutral waiting...
... I warn you. I will linger here like a ghost and will keep trying to cheer you all up, in every detail that you can think about. If you hoped for a place where you can easily be sad- I will not allow you. I will :grouphug: you till you smile.
Go away, sadness and frustration! :magic:

bunnylake
September 19th, 2012, 03:15 PM
My weird shorter frizzy hairs all over my crown and canopy. I doubt it's breakage because I'm so careful with my hair... if it's new growth, YAY but why must it make me look like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket? And if I use anything to smooth them down, I end up with a greasy scalp sooner than I normally would. WAAA.

vanillabones
September 19th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I don't like my length layers or the bleach that is left. What frustrates me most is the length right now, I just want to see some long hair on myself and it will be my 2 years at LHC in the winter :(

Tisiloves
September 19th, 2012, 03:23 PM
How slowly my Undercut of Dooooooom :demon: (tm) grows, I'm halfway between APL and BSL and it's just brushing collarbone length. :sigh:

beautifulending
September 19th, 2012, 03:36 PM
My length....I now remember why I started growing my hair in the first place. I just want to be back at BSL.:(

longcurlygirl<3
September 19th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I'm frustrated with my ends, and the tangles :/

Winnie!
September 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM
A big frustration I have is that I have remnants of heat damage in my ends. Also, my layers are starting to bother me and it will take time to grow them out. Oh well, I have time right? :D

long&blonde
September 19th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Since my trim in May, 3 to 5 inchs off for healthier ends?
Slow-no growth?

So funny, as. Remember BSL to WL feeling like forever to me.
I bought the health food store prenatal vitamins:the kind that smell bad.
Well something really worked! As when the bottle was empty,my hair was past waist, midd bcl,
And was like wearing a hot heavy blanket.
I didn't even get more prenatal vitamins;I said "No, I think I'm good."

I've always been clumsy with styling updos.
Never learned a french braid.
Kept it bunned up or braided.
Enter May 2012 salon 3 to 5 inch healthier ends trim;with "long layers"

Long layers means even if salon stylist doing my monthly white roots dark blonde:gives me a french braid;ends stick out,it falls out quicker.
And then I insanely let her cut,thankfully only a smidgen, of both side frace framing side bang.
Which I hated from the second she snipped them.

So: I go from:slow growth;impatient:
To:buy health food store prenatal smelly vitamins to;

Whoa! Whoa! This hair blanket is HOT!

To:but the face framing layers and healthy ends look nice on other people! To;

Hmmm,can I call the health food store after I post this,and get them to understand the prenatal vitamins I want to mail order must STINK?
Lol.

Redhead Rebel
September 19th, 2012, 05:42 PM
The damage, breakage and split ends. Also tring to be patient and grow out my bangs.

dwell_in_safety
September 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM
My ends are annoying me lately. I chalk it up to not being quite gentle enough with detangling. That was rectified about a week ago, but now the wait to grow out just a couple annoying inches. I trim soon, so that's satisfying to look forward to.

spirals
September 19th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I think my biggest frustration has always been that I just can't get good hair unless it's wash-day. I can make it look somewhat presentable, but the silky, moisturized spirals only form on freshly-washed hair. I just don't have time to wash and airdry every day.

xoxophelia
September 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I guess how slowly hair grows. I haven't trimmed my hair all year and I really can't even tell the difference in length. From all of the trimming I did previously (3-4" off in November and many 1" trims before) to slowly rid myself of old dye/layers/heat damage I have been lingering around 30-33" for quite some time. I'm hoping to finally break out of that rut this year.

and
September 19th, 2012, 10:38 PM
My biggest frustration is trying to style my hair. Shoulder length, slippery, fine and straight. Even a pony tail needs to be redone a few times a day! Argh!

Natalia
September 19th, 2012, 11:17 PM
That my hair wont dry fast enough i love just about everything about wo except that. My hair wont cooperate when wet so i cant do cute buns like i want because my nape is always wet and tangled.

Miss Catrina
September 20th, 2012, 12:37 AM
I'm not so much frustrated with the speed of the growth, honestly, it's growing pretty fast. But I'm at this awful almost chin length, and there's nothing I can do with it. :( So that's frustrating me.

Natalia
September 20th, 2012, 12:44 AM
... I warn you. I will linger here like a ghost and will keep trying to cheer you all up, in every detail that you can think about. If you hoped for a place where you can easily be sad- I will not allow you. I will :grouphug: you till you smile.
Go away, sadness and frustration! :magic:

I wont complain i need more people like that in my life :grouphug:

Tisiloves
September 20th, 2012, 12:45 AM
I'm not so much frustrated with the speed of the growth, honestly, it's growing pretty fast. But I'm at this awful almost chin length, and there's nothing I can do with it. :( So that's frustrating me.

Start practising your plaiting skills, it really helps the awkward stage fly by. The twist and pin method is also useful.

bratz81
September 20th, 2012, 02:21 AM
The most annoying thing is the length...I want it longer now!!

Second to that is the awful layers I'm trying to grow out. They're awful because 1) I didn't ask for them or want them and 2) they're all uneven and weird.

I also have previous bleach damage which I'm trimming out but I have little patience and want my hair all shiny and healthy and long and layer-free NOW!

sunshine-locks
September 20th, 2012, 02:47 AM
I'm annoyed by how the ends matt up, especially on the underlayers and also because halfway down my hair all to the ends is dry feeling and not very soft :/

EtherealDoll
September 20th, 2012, 02:48 AM
My biggest frustration are tangles at the nape of my neck. No matter what I do I always get them, and it's really frustrating because my hair doesn't tangle much anywhere else.

Arachnid
September 20th, 2012, 03:46 AM
When it starts shedding 2 weeks after i decide to grow my hair out :( hmmffffff

Roscata
September 20th, 2012, 05:05 AM
My scalp is the only reason I will never be able to truly do benign neglect. I wish I could just forget about my hair sometimes, but it tends to remind me that I need to pay attention to it on a regular basis (especially the itching, that's the hardest thing to ignore).

I dream of the day when my scalp will be healthy and I can just wash my hair once a week, then put it up and forget about it. I dream of a scalp that doesn't require 3-4 different oils to keep it happy, as well as CO wash or SLS free shampoo bars, both always followed by ACV. I dream of hair that grows every month without needing multivitamins, oils, and daily scalp massages. I dream of a scalp that doesn't shed 3 times more than normal hairs making me lose .5 inches in thickness a year. I dream of a healthy scalp that I can ignore for a week at a time and only wash it, instead of constantly treating it. I dream of a scalp that is probably never going to be my scalp. *sigh* (I do have all of my scalp issues under control as of right now, including shedding, it is just a LOT of work.)

I'm frustrated to be stuck between intensely loving henna (including the color) and intensely wanting my natural hair color. I honestly go back and forth between the two about 10 times a day, a DAY.

I'm frustrated by my very slippery hair that honestly refuses to stay in anything (braids, tucks, twists, buns, knots, you name it) for more than one hour. I always have to redo my updo several times a day. I love that my hair is super easy to detangle, but I hate having my hair down and I can't keep it in an updo. I honestly hope this will change once my hair is longer. If anyone with slippery hair that is much longer than mine is no longer having this problem, please tell me. I really would love to hear that.

I am frustrated that my hair is about 2 times thinner than it used to be the last time I had it long. I am hoping that with love and care it will come back to me.

I think that from writing all this up my biggest frustration is that my hair requires so much work. I wish I had a healthy scalp, and thick, non-slippery hair with a color that makes me happy all the time.

minxe
September 20th, 2012, 05:11 AM
My hair feels dry even when it's overmoisturized. However, I suppose I just wish it were more slippery. In my mind, slippery=moisturized, whereas coarse=dry.

It doesn't grow as fast as I'd like it to, and that's frustrating as well.

Garnet66
September 20th, 2012, 05:15 AM
The frustrating thing about my hair is what it looks like on a daily basis. It looks fine after a wash. But once I sleep on it, it turns into a mohawk. The next day isn't much better. It's always pouffy and bleh. I wish I had hair that would behave. It would make this whole growing out thing a lot easier.

bunzfan
September 20th, 2012, 05:16 AM

Have you switched to any new products in that time period? that could account for it. I didn't realize some months back that i was actually allergic to a conditioner and that was causing the shedding.

Vampyria
September 20th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Huge shedding that lasts for months and doesn't stop, and a big loss of thickness because of that, plus doctors that don't take it seriously. :steam

Also frizz, when it's just slightly humid outside, but that is not permanent at least. Taking care of my hair always made me happy, but now it just makes me depressed. :(

Henrietta
September 20th, 2012, 06:15 AM
As promised, I will :grouphug: you and cheer you up until you smile.

Seasonal shed? Stress? Lack of vitamins? New products? New meds?
You will grow your hair as long as you want it. Sooner or later.

My scalp is the only reason I will never be able to truly do benign neglect. I wish I could just forget about my hair sometimes, but it tends to remind me that I need to pay attention to it on a regular basis (especially the itching, that's the hardest thing to ignore).

I dream of the day when my scalp will be healthy and I can just wash my hair once a week, then put it up and forget about it. I dream of a scalp that doesn't require 3-4 different oils to keep it happy, as well as CO wash or SLS free shampoo bars, both always followed by ACV. I dream of hair that grows every month without needing multivitamins, oils, and daily scalp massages. I dream of a scalp that doesn't shed 3 times more than normal hairs making me lose .5 inches in thickness a year. I dream of a healthy scalp that I can ignore for a week at a time and only wash it, instead of constantly treating it. I dream of a scalp that is probably never going to be my scalp. *sigh* (I do have all of my scalp issues under control as of right now, including shedding, it is just a LOT of work.)

I'm frustrated to be stuck between intensely loving henna (including the color) and intensely wanting my natural hair color. I honestly go back and forth between the two about 10 times a day, a DAY.

I'm frustrated by my very slippery hair that honestly refuses to stay in anything (braids, tucks, twists, buns, knots, you name it) for more than one hour. I always have to redo my updo several times a day. I love that my hair is super easy to detangle, but I hate having my hair down and I can't keep it in an updo. I honestly hope this will change once my hair is longer. If anyone with slippery hair that is much longer than mine is no longer having this problem, please tell me. I really would love to hear that.

I am frustrated that my hair is about 2 times thinner than it used to be the last time I had it long. I am hoping that with love and care it will come back to me.

I think that from writing all this up my biggest frustration is that my hair requires so much work. I wish I had a healthy scalp, and thick, non-slippery hair with a color that makes me happy all the time.

Care: for a time I was slightly shocked by how many things I have to do now. No Shampoo, conditioner and go! any more. But. I made my hair washing moments the time only for me. And I enjoy them. I cannot say my scalp is as sensitive as yours, but I can't say that I do it all just because I like it, neither. I have dandruff, itchies too, dry ends. But I don't call it "constant fight" any more. I just enjoy. Products, scents, the time, the hope for good effects.
Slippery hair... I've seen a few times blog entries and posts of people with this problem who finally, one day, found a solution. A hairtoy thet holds, a new way of making a bun... It IS possible. Plus, I know that it doesn't make you any happier but still, tons of people are looking for smoothing products that will make their hair silky smooth, like 1a type.

My hair feels dry even when it's overmoisturized. However, I suppose I just wish it were more slippery. In my mind, slippery=moisturized, whereas coarse=dry.

It doesn't grow as fast as I'd like it to, and that's frustrating as well.

Moisture vs protein balance? There is an official protein thread. Maybe there you will find something.
Or... brushing/combing after washing thing? Do you comb or brush your hair after you wash it?

The frustrating thing about my hair is what it looks like on a daily basis. It looks fine after a wash. But once I sleep on it, it turns into a mohawk. The next day isn't much better. It's always pouffy and bleh. I wish I had hair that would behave. It would make this whole growing out thing a lot easier.

Since I'm doing the multquoting thing I can't go back to see how long your hair is. But. Updo for a night? Or, if your hair is too short, sleeping cap? :D
ETA: Ok, I see now. No updo.
But sleeping cap?
Or a paddle brush! There are BBBs in paddle shapes. People can brush out braid waves with a paddle brush, so it should fight the mohawk, too! :)

Huge shedding that lasts for months and doesn't stop, and a big loss of thickness because of that, plus doctors that don't take it seriously. :steam

Also frizz, when it's just slightly humid outside, but that is not permanent at least. Taking care of my hair always made me happy, but now it just makes me depressed. :(

The doctors... I know the problem. I was trying to make them hear me on something else, not shedding, but still. It is time consuming and irritating, but the only way it so try new ones. You will find one that will listen to you. I did find one, I'm better now.

Frizz, you say? I end up looking like a lion after taking a shower. Surely frizzy hair will come into fashion soon. We had volume, oily smoothness,roots, ombre hair, messy hair... time for frizz, because there is nothing else left!
We are cool!

MintChocChip
September 20th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Oh where to start! Shedding like crazy, horrible dry thin ends, super slow growth. I really hate my layers at the moment, I wish there was a way of them catching up with the rest of my hair without a big chop.

moon2dove
September 20th, 2012, 08:34 AM

^^^This. Does my head in sometimes, how a pretty & innocent looking ringlet can be so frustratingly springy!! Grrrr!! :eek:

I have a 5~6" sprong worthy hair, depending on how well it behaves. Some days I look and it's grown, next day it's shrunk!!:rolleyes:

Oh and don't get me started on the frizz......!

LadyCelestina
September 20th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I CANNOT-NOT-NOT-NOT detangle my hair without lots of breakage while dry,and have to detangle while wet in the shower daily if I want to get away with minimal or no breakage.

littlestarface
September 21st, 2012, 12:46 AM
Its thin really thin,I keep shedding like theres no tomorrow,and its not pretty at all:( curlyish after it dries from shower but a couple of days later its back to being super straight:rolleyes:

minxe
September 21st, 2012, 12:54 AM
Moisture vs protein balance? There is an official protein thread. Maybe there you will find something.
Or... brushing/combing after washing thing? Do you comb or brush your hair after you wash it?

I've done one protein treatment and my hair became extremely dry and coarse almost instantly. I let my hair air dry without touching it, and then fingercomb. I'm just too picky about how my hair feels, I think, because my family says it's very soft.

MaryMarx
September 21st, 2012, 05:16 AM
That I can't find a good washing method.

Shampoo - a dry mess
CO - an oily mess
WO - a sticky mess

TiffanieJean
September 21st, 2012, 05:56 AM
Huum, well It’s shedding like crazy right now and I have no idea why, it’s fine and get damaged very easily. Since it gets damaged easily, I have to trim it fairly often, which makes my growth progress very slow… I keep getting close to my goal and then having to trim a little - as to not have split ends wreak havoc. I am beyond impatient at this point! Lol

ankh222
September 21st, 2012, 07:25 AM
am frustrated from split ends and hair breakage wich slows my hair growth,and also if i dont comb my hair daily ,i get tangles and somtimes knots which i have to cut :mad:

hermosamendoza
September 21st, 2012, 08:54 AM
growing out color without coloring the rest to match the roots. Something i've never done before.
It's making me self concious at times because the long the roots get the brighter the other colors get. They obviously show up brighter in pictures but still

Madora
September 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM
I CANNOT-NOT-NOT-NOT detangle my hair without lots of breakage while dry,and have to detangle while wet in the shower daily if I want to get away with minimal or no breakage.

LadyCelestina, have you tried using Mineral Oil (also known as baby oil) to detangle?

You can use it on damp hair (not soaking wet) or on dry hair as well.

I've never used it to detangle dry hair but I have used it on damp hair. It was amazing and while it does not completely negate the tangle situation, it makes it a lot easier to detangle. I used 4 drops..but then I have long hair. It left my hair shiny, soft and supple with no after scent. I'm now using it in place of conditioner as it also helps keep my hair moisturized as well.

CurlyCurves
September 23rd, 2012, 03:34 AM
The tangles :( they're ridiculous.

spookyghost
September 23rd, 2012, 04:36 AM
I'm frustrated with the top layer of my hair that is dry and frizzy. If I could cut that off without looking very weird I'd be fine...oh and I hate that my ends don't stick together. Straw city...

Oh this is me all the way! I have bleached higlights that have been colored over and the bleach is only on the top layer of my hair. Its fried, damaged, and split. Underneath is just beautiful, healthy, and shiny! I was just thinking yesterday if I could just cut the top layer off of my hair it would be gorgous!;)

The damage, breakage and split ends. Also tring to be patient and grow out my bangs.

This is me too! The damage, breakage, and splits are killing me! Cutting is not an option for me but there are days that I really really wish I could just do it! Which tells me how bad my hair really is because I have never wished that in my life! This is how bad my hair is-My longest layer is bsl and if I cut my hair to my chin, yes I said chin, I would still have damage!:shocked:

What keeps me going is that beautiful healthy hair that I have underneath my top layer of bleached highlights. Its so shiny and healthy that I look at it at least 10 times a day and try to remember that all of my hair is going to look like that one day! Maybe not for another five years!:rolleyes:

bunzfan
September 28th, 2012, 04:24 AM
I hate my hair today no matter what style i put it in i hate it, i think its because i'm frustrated with the growth and its my own fault, if i will keep micro trimming each month it will take forever to get to hip wont it:eek:

browneyedsusan
September 28th, 2012, 05:26 AM
It's too short for a ponytail, and the ends keep jumping back inside my collar!

minnieblond
September 28th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I'm frustrated because my hair broke off from straightening:( It's way uneven. My longest layer is past BSL, but it's crazy thin! It looks like I have 4 strands of hair. My shortest layer is in between shoulder and APL. Sigh:( Just praying my broken hair grows, because I don't want short hair. I'll get it evened out once my short layer reaches BSL.

MrsGuther
September 28th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I hate how yucky my ends feel after I have had my hair in a bun for a few hours. They feel like I took a crimping iron to them! Yuck!!! I still have yet to find a proper solution to this problem. I also can't stand when my hair looks like bed head right after I wake up. So annoying. Why can't it just stay smooth and frizz free through the night?!?

PerkyCurlz
September 28th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Where to start?

My hair is growing 0.5 - 1" a month, which means my grey roots show faster.

Like bunnylake, I have a weird 'halo' of hair. I'm not sure if it's new growth or damage.

My hair feels dry and the ends are a tangled mess, and I'm probably due for my yearly trim, but I'm not ready to lose even an inch or two.

My curls are droopy. They are decent after I wash my hair, but are seriously diminished on Day 2 after wearing my hair all day the day before, and completely disappear on Day 3. Is it from wearing my hair in a ponytail or braid when it's wet? Too little protein/too much oil???

My hair is so thick that it's hard for me to put it up in a decent bun - even though it's just about waist length. I can make only 1.5 revolutions (or whatever you call it) in a cinnamon bun. I know others would love to have this problem, but it makes it hard for me to do anything but braids or a cinnamon bun.

Yet, despite all of this, I still love my hair.

jojo
September 30th, 2012, 02:00 AM
I hate my hair today no matter what style i put it in i hate it, i think its because i'm frustrated with the growth and its my own fault, if i will keep micro trimming each month it will take forever to get to hip wont it:eek:

You do realise micro trimming is like taking _ <---- this much off each time don't you? I get the feeling you have been trimming rather than micro trimming or dusting as some call it ( due to the smallest amount being trimmed it looks like dust rather than hair) micro trimming would not make a difference to your growth as its so little. Just thought I'd point this out, in case your trimming like half inch or something a month, that would prevent you gaining length.

melusine963
September 30th, 2012, 09:43 AM
You do realise micro trimming is like taking _ <---- this much off each time don't you? I get the feeling you have been trimming rather than micro trimming or dusting as some call it ( due to the smallest amount being trimmed it looks like dust rather than hair) micro trimming would not make a difference to your growth as its so little. Just thought I'd point this out, in case your trimming like half inch or something a month, that would prevent you gaining length.

Heh. At the moment I trim once a year, and since I'm still growing out thin, pre-LHC hair I usually have to take off at least four inches at a time. So to me, trimming half an inch would definitely count as a micro-trim, even if it's not strictly speaking what's meant by the term.

Artisticat
September 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM
The layers....oh the dreaded razored and lopsided layers! :slap:
Even though I'm grateful to have finally reached (I think) APL...those layers remind me my "real" length is shoulder. :violin:

Artisticat
September 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM
It's too short for a ponytail, and the ends keep jumping back inside my collar!

Browneyedsusan - by your siggy pics - I think your hair is looking FAB! Good growth!

Wildcat Diva
September 30th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Neck nape hairs are too short for buns. I am growing them out but it will be a year or more before they integrate into my buns.

melusine963
September 30th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I hate how yucky my ends feel after I have had my hair in a bun for a few hours. They feel like I took a crimping iron to them! Yuck!!!

Yep, I have the same problem. It makes getting a good length shot frustrating, because the ends always look terrible, even when they've been recently trimmed.

Sharysa
September 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM
It's getting crap-all heavy now and it's only just reaching bra-strap length. How the frick am I going to stand when it's waist or classic length?

Plus it's so thick that even though most people can put their hair into a neat bun at this length, I STILL end up with hair falling out. It's a good thing I like the casual look, but when I actually want to look dressy, I have to revert to that stupid half-up ponytail. Maybe I should switch it to a half-up bun, but then there's the weight problem I mentioned because half my hair is pretty much the entirety of someone else's hair.

I guess I just have to get used to it.

Bleh.

Lesiaoc
September 30th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I hate that I have a pronounced widows peak. Sometimes if I'm wearing a ponytail in bad lighting in get paranoid that my hairline is receding!

Tisiloves
September 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM
It's getting crap-all heavy now and it's only just reaching bra-strap length. How the frick am I going to stand when it's waist or classic length?

Plus it's so thick that even though most people can put their hair into a neat bun at this length, I STILL end up with hair falling out. It's a good thing I like the casual look, but when I actually want to look dressy, I have to revert to that stupid half-up ponytail. Maybe I should switch it to a half-up bun, but then there's the weight problem I mentioned because half my hair is pretty much the entirety of someone else's hair.

I guess I just have to get used to it.

Bleh.

Your scalp will get used to the weight and you'll get better at distributing it. Also U pins are amazing for catching escaping hairs.

browneyedsusan
September 30th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Browneyedsusan - by your siggy pics - I think your hair is looking FAB! Good growth!

Artisticat - Thank you SO much. I really needed that, today.

I think that wave in the back--while a nice surprise, I always thought my hair was straight as a pin--looks pretty goofy. I'm not happy with how it looks now, but am just trying to pin the front up and wait it out....

Delila
September 30th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Psoriasis. Need I say more?

I've never had scalp issues before in my life, and can't seem to get this stuff under control, so this is beyond frustrating.

Audhumla
September 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Add me to list of people tormented by snail-pace growth.
On the plus side it's driven me to do everything I can to be in the best health possible to maximise growth :p
There's always a silver lining.

anitacs9101
October 1st, 2012, 12:05 PM
A couple of things...mainly flakies, only harsh shampoos seem to be able to remedy it long enough :( Currently trying out Neutrogena's T-Sal with good results, but it's only the 2nd day so we'll see :p:p
I wash my hair every 5 days or so and have been doing that for a while now. And I hate washing more often than that xD I can deal with greasiness, but when the flakes return I just have to wash. :/

sharonluvscats
October 1st, 2012, 12:57 PM
A couple of things...mainly flakies, only harsh shampoos seem to be able to remedy it long enough :( Currently trying out Neutrogena's T-Sal with good results, but it's only the 2nd day so we'll see :p:p
I wash my hair every 5 days or so and have been doing that for a while now. And I hate washing more often than that xD I can deal with greasiness, but when the flakes return I just have to wash. :/

I have the same problem. I tried to quit sulfates but my scalp seems to like them. I'm using T-gel once a week now and wash with sulfate free poo two other times a week. I just discovered T-Sal on Amazon this week. I'm going to order some of it soon. I' hear that it is sulfate free. I hope it works as well as T-gel. I don't mind the greasiness either but the flakes drive me nuts too.

anitacs9101
October 1st, 2012, 11:48 PM
I have the same problem. I tried to quit sulfates but my scalp seems to like them. I'm using T-gel once a week now and wash with sulfate free poo two other times a week. I just discovered T-Sal on Amazon this week. I'm going to order some of it soon. I' hear that it is sulfate free. I hope it works as well as T-gel. I don't mind the greasiness either but the flakes drive me nuts too.

:sad I feel your pain. lol

I'm not far into it but so far it's working ok, the flakes are not so bad but not great like with T-Gel. Also my hair looks a little greasier, although I guess that's to be expected, haha.

RubyTuesday
October 2nd, 2012, 04:09 AM
Everything frustrates me about my hair at the moment. The length, the fact I cannot put it up, the slow growth, the colour, the frizz, the fact that it does what it likes.

Before I would just get the straighteners out but with my 'no heat pact' I cannot even do that.

AspenSong
October 3rd, 2012, 08:55 PM
I'm having several frustrations....
The sad, slow growth rate of it!
The fact that after no tangles in weird places for 4 years, I'm suddenly getting this crazy tangle at the back of my head, on the upper layer of hair every night while I'm sleeping - WITH oiled hair, WITH a satin cap on! WTH?! And my ends are tangling as well, despite a trim and a clarifying wash. I don't know what's going on, but it's getting irritating.
Also, just frustrated with it's general spiderwebby-ness and the fact I'm going through a horrible shed again and it's dis-heartening to lose more hair, when you don't even have 2" of ponytail to begin with. No, no diet changes, health issues, etc...we're aware of, just being weird I guess. *shrug* I just have days where it feels like I can't do much with it but put it in a bun because it's so fine and flyaway it's caught in EVERYTHING if it's down and my braids are so darned sad, I dare not do them....so I get these fleeting thoughts of cutting it... THAT is super frustrating!

VioletCurlyhair
October 3rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
All these fairy knots at the ends of my strands. I mean, it's not as though there are a lot of them, but it's really annoying when I find one and I can't get to it because my hair scissors aren't nearby.

Then it's kind of hard for me to style my hair. When I take my hair out of twists or braids, it tends to just look a mess. And now, for whatever reason, putting my hair up gives me a headache, even though I never pull it tight.

SlipJig
October 3rd, 2012, 09:49 PM
My hair is frustrating me. I mean, why isn't it, like, waist-length already?

C'mon, it's been a whole EIGHT MONTHS since I decided to grow out the pixie cut! Shouldn't you have grown 2+ feet by now?

I think everyone can relate to such obviously realistic expectations as I had of my hair.

Nah, it's growing okay, I have to be fair to it. Progress has been satisfactory.

The "new," or "new-to-me" waves, however... those are confusing me. But in kind of a good way.

RileyJane
October 11th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Im frustrated with split ends, theyre finally slowing down but it really aggravates me that my hair still splits when i havent used any heat color or anything bad on my hair in so long. oh well!

Syaoransbear
October 11th, 2012, 09:26 PM
It's really frustrating that I trimmed 3" off my ends to deal with split ends and have a blunter hemline, and it seems like all the splits are back but my hair is still 3" shorter. It's like losing all that length for nothing.

ravenreed
October 11th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I am going through another shed. I am not sure why, either. Hmph!

Littlewing13
October 13th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Not growing. Breaking a bit (not too much more than usual but still enough to annoy me).

MrsGuther
October 13th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I'm frustrated that my hair feels like a blanket and aggravates me so much when it's down, hence why I wear it up almost ALL the time.

LadyLongLocks
October 13th, 2012, 11:15 AM
That I cant do a french or dutch braid because the ends tangle during the process. I need to be an octopus :(

Evadne
October 13th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I'm frustrated with my growth. It can never grow fast enough! I think it grew just barely half an inch within the last month. I know that's pretty average, but still...

I'm also frustrated with all the different lengths of hair I have. Between baby hairs, past breakage from before I found LHC and the giant layer I cut poorly 2 years ago, it's all over the place. My hair doesn't seem to lay nicely with all that going on. I'm also frustrated by the fact that I'm not a natural, vibrant redhead... but what can ya do!

At least it's much after now with all the good stuff I've been doing.

ouseljay
October 13th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Taper. Shedding. Ends are rebelling and splitting all over the place. See point one.

PinkyCat
October 13th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I can't seem to keep it BLACK!!
My porosity is so low - especially at the roots - my color fades to a deep coffee color every stinkin' time. And my roots are ALWAYS 1-2 shades lighter. Yes, I only use 10 Vol. developer for maximum deposit & minimal lift - but still!

Sharysa
October 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Your scalp will get used to the weight and you'll get better at distributing it. Also U pins are amazing for catching escaping hairs.

Ever since I got the hang of French braids, I noticed the weight's spread more evenly than when I just did normal braids. I'll definitely start doing a combination French-braid/bun now.

Alas, I have no clue what the various letter-pins are. My only hair-piece experience is with hair-sticks or approximations of them.

blaketob
October 13th, 2012, 01:08 PM
lately I've been extrememly frustrated about my hair. I just recently had to cut an inch off because my hair was too uneven to only get half an inch off. I think she cut off more though because when I measured my hair afterwards, my hair was an inch and a half shorter :( now i'm back to where I started in July. Also i'm quite surprised by how many splits I have... now that my hair is getting longer I can actually look for them. My hair is also more knotty then normal.. idk if its the wind making all of these knots now that winter is coming but I'm going to have to buy a detangler soon.

allnight avenue
October 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM
My hair frustrates me in that it grows comically slowly, sustains incomprehensible damage at the ends despite always being up with the ends hidden, and therefore must be trimmed. I've been at the exact same length for a year because of this.....

Achlys
October 13th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I get comments on how thin my hair looks. :mad: Even though its condition is improving. Okay, they are from the really thick-haired girls, but still.

My hair is naturally quite fragile and is still getting breakage. And it sheds. Not too much but I'm paranoid.

I want it to look as soft as it feels.

sunnydee92
October 13th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Growth for me as well! I'm trying to get mine to my waist, but it's hardly to my bra strap :P

maborosi
October 13th, 2012, 03:49 PM
My hair holds weird shapes way too well.

I did my hair in braids last night, just to see if my hair was long enoguh (IT IS OMG SO EXCITE :cheese:) and slept on them after tucking them up into a silk cap.

Result: Some of the most bizarre curls/waves I've ever seen. lol

~maborosi~

rawcowgirl
October 13th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I've been frustrated with the color as I hennaed it nearly a year ago but I've finally accepted that it's just going to have to grow out.

What I am REALLY frustrated about is that I went in for highlights and a toner (yes, big mistake) and though she didn't fry my hair terribly she INSISTED my ends were trashed and I needed a trim. It had been close to a year so I agreed to a 1" trim and, I quote "layer the last 1" or 2"). Well, she cut 4" off and layered another 4" up. :mad: Now, I admit, it's nice having the split ends COMPLETELY gone but it's a terrible cut. It's very choppy, not layered well at all. I'm going crazy because I can't braid it without it coming out and the choppy short pieces fall in front of my shoulder. So now I can't decide if I should get it cut again to blend in the choppiness and get rid of the tail she created instead of the blunt cut I had.

shakethatbelly
October 14th, 2012, 08:36 PM
split ends!! not being able to move past APL because of these ends! :(

sunshine-locks
October 14th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I don't like how much my hair moves around in the wind, it manages to hit me in the face and make my eyes water and get terrible tangles while doing so.

I'm also annoyed that the ends still feel weird although I had a 1 inch trim recently and I'm annoyed with how thin and short it is -.- I don't think I'm deficient in anything, my hair is just thin :/

HintOfMint
October 14th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Right now it's my scalp that's bugging me. My dandruff flared up again this summer, and after much hemming and hawing, I went back to Head and Shoulders because that's what worked before. While my flakes are better, they're not totally gone, so I'm at a loss for what else to do. CO makes my hair shed, so that's not something I'm willing to try again, at least not more than sporadically.

AnnaJamila
October 14th, 2012, 09:01 PM
I'm tired of shedding so much. Like, gobs and gobs everytime I wash it and it's all over the floors of my flat!!!

Fairlight63
October 14th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I also hate how much that I shed!
My hair is also so thin & fine that it is hard to get it to stay up even using a small Ficcare :(

fairhairedthing
October 14th, 2012, 09:10 PM
My choppy spikes stick out at about a 60 degree angle at all times. Like a scarecrow. :p

Thank goodness for leave in conditioners that help tame the pointy un-feminine mess!

Natalia
October 14th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Still the same old nape tangles :( going to try my go to misbehaving hair suave coconut condish as a leave in tonight since my others havent done it for me lately. I think its getting close to time to give in and shampoo, i havent since march so it may be time.

biogirl87
October 14th, 2012, 09:34 PM
For me, if anything, it's the fact that bangs and layers have taken away from my thickness and that my nape hairs are probably two inches shorter than my longest canopy layer.

SarahKayfa
October 15th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I'm annoyed by the tips of my hair. I get crunchy, tangly, dry ends.

jojo
October 19th, 2012, 05:00 AM
I almost forgot, i hate it hate it! that a stylist sliced or should i slashed into the sides of my hair to blend into my fringe if i wanted it thinning out i would of asked!

Was this after you cut face framing layers or a different time? This is why I prefer to trim my own, at least you have it sorted out now!

My frustrations are my ends, i seem to go from waist to hip and back again in an attempt to perfect my ends. I'm gonna leave mine even if the ends fairy tail, I can always do a bigger trim once I've got past hip!

millyaulait
October 19th, 2012, 05:35 AM
My hair is tangling a lot.

It *never* used to ever, ever tangle.

Now I'm not even sure if I'm causing damage by trying to get the tangles out? :(

AdaClare
October 19th, 2012, 05:55 PM
For me it's how much it's been shedding lately. :\ Also, any time I have my hair in a braid the length doesn't stay nice looking for very long at all - it gets really frizzy and shorter pieces stick out (which is odd because I don't have layers).

ludwig20
October 22nd, 2012, 11:52 PM
TRIANGLE HAIR! :( Does anyone know what could tame my hair's appearance?

I don't want to thin my hair. Oiling the length doesn't have much of an affect (although it is very soft afterwards!). Are layers my only option? I personally don't like them, but if that's the only solution....

Also: Is the triangle/pyramid look related to curly hair? I was curly-haired as a child, and I've struggled with it since then.

owlathena
October 22nd, 2012, 11:59 PM
I'm having a really hard time convincing myself to wear it up as often as I'd like. I'm lazy.

jellymill
October 23rd, 2012, 12:28 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new and this is my first post. I've been lurking for a while, first as unregistered and then for the last few months under a proper username. Thank you all for all the great tips you post, it's helped me a lot!

My biggest frustration is getting past this awkward shoulder-length stage. My second biggest frustration is finding a hairdresser that will cooperate, they all seem so against just letting me grow my hair out! Everyone wants to add layers, they call it "body" and "volume" and "shape" and say long, single-length hair is "boring" and "shapeless." I think I can decide that for myself thankyouverymuch..

I had my layers mostly grown out by February of this year and overall length was growing fast, but then I went to the beauty school where the girl chopped crooked layers and cut 2 inches off. I went back to my regular stylist who seems obsessed with layers. I asked for "a trim, keep the length and add bangs." Instead he (he's really good, just doesn't speak English well so maybe that's the problem?) gave me thick bangs and layered the back so short that it wouldn't go back into a low ponytail nor would it stay in a french braid.

Thankfully it's grown a little since then so it's more manageable, but UGH!!! I have to trim every 3-4 months otherwise my ends get too awful, and I've had such bad luck with stylists in the past that I'm afraid to stay but afraid to switch again.

Cannot wait to get it to one length so I can begin trimming it myself!

4C4rly4
October 23rd, 2012, 01:00 AM
I'm currently frustrated with growing out my bangs!

hellucy
October 23rd, 2012, 03:11 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new and this is my first post. I've been lurking for a while, first as unregistered and then for the last few months under a proper username. Thank you all for all the great tips you post, it's helped me a lot!

My biggest frustration is getting past this awkward shoulder-length stage. My second biggest frustration is finding a hairdresser that will cooperate, they all seem so against just letting me grow my hair out! Everyone wants to add layers, they call it "body" and "volume" and "shape" and say long, single-length hair is "boring" and "shapeless." I think I can decide that for myself thankyouverymuch..

I had my layers mostly grown out by February of this year and overall length was growing fast, but then I went to the beauty school where the girl chopped crooked layers and cut 2 inches off. I went back to my regular stylist who seems obsessed with layers. I asked for "a trim, keep the length and add bangs." Instead he (he's really good, just doesn't speak English well so maybe that's the problem?) gave me thick bangs and layered the back so short that it wouldn't go back into a low ponytail nor would it stay in a french braid.

Thankfully it's grown a little since then so it's more manageable, but UGH!!! I have to trim every 3-4 months otherwise my ends get too awful, and I've had such bad luck with stylists in the past that I'm afraid to stay but afraid to switch again.

Hi jellymill welcome!
I understand the need to trim - every 4 months-ish my ends get rough & tangly & just bad - I am currently super moisturising my ends with leave ins & so far they ok, 5 months since last trim.
I know that some members here recommend going to a barber instead of a salon if you only want a minor trim & I often go to a budget hair salon (we have one were all services are £9 each) if I only want a little trim - they are often more willing to do something very minor as it's quick & easy - one of their main targets is quick turnover. Also when you go to a salon YOU are the customer you are the one who says what they have to do - be very clear with the stylist.

My current frustration is that my hair wont stay in any style I put it in
- Hair sticks it spits them out
- Claw clips slide out
- Elastics slide loose
What ever I do it loosens & falls out - I think its secure & 20 mins later it's falling out :justy:
I don't know why it's doing this - my hair has always been a bit slippy but recently it's just ridiculous.

petali
October 23rd, 2012, 08:14 AM

I don't want to thin my hair. Oiling the length doesn't have much of an affect (although it is very soft afterwards!). Are layers my only option? I personally don't like them, but if that's the only solution....

Also: Is the triangle/pyramid look related to curly hair? I was curly-haired as a child, and I've struggled with it since then.

I've personally never had that problem, but I know others have benefitted from using the Curly Girl method

eros
October 23rd, 2012, 08:47 AM

Not sure about the curliness, but, I have heard that cutting it in a U cut or V cut was supposed to help..not sure which one.

rock007junkie
October 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
I've been trimming away for the past 3 months what's left of my relaxed hair. I've gone from waist to almost BSL...although I'm excited to see that my hair is almost completely natural now, I'm too happy with its length at the moment. No more trimmings until December. After that I'll see how much longer I can keep stretching them out.

ludwig20
October 23rd, 2012, 11:39 PM
Not sure about the curliness, but, I have heard that cutting it in a U cut or V cut was supposed to help..not sure which one.

Hmm I think you might be right. I really love/prefer blunt straight hemlines, but a U cut could help.

Miss Catrina
October 24th, 2012, 12:26 AM

Welcome to LHC. :blossom:

It's a little scary, but honestly, I wonder if you might try going to a beauty school for trims? While they're less trained, they would also be less likely to try and impose their will onto your hair - they'd be too nervous to, in my experience (and I went to beauty school).

I know some people here have gone to barbers for trims successfully. They're so used to men's cuts that they're scared to do anything more than just trim length when a long haired person comes in.

As for me... classic finie complaint... I CAN'T STAND HOW GREASY MY HAIR IS. I can't even seem to manage every other day washes!

Luminaria
October 24th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I'd say the dryness and the frizz. I look like a lion if I keep it unbraided/untied.

Automne
October 24th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Since I came back to France my hair is so weird.. Dry and frizzy, I have not changed my hair routine though.. I guess it s because of the climate.. I oil and condition But it does not change anything :(

eros
October 25th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Hmm I think you might be right. I really love/prefer blunt straight hemlines, but a U cut could help.
Same, I think a blunt hemline looks better with thin hair though :(. But I'm gonna wait till my hair is longer and see how the blunt hemline looks, if it looks bad,then do a U cut maybe. I hate when the bottom half looks bigger than the top!

Lesiaoc
October 29th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Welcome to LHC. :blossom:

It's a little scary, but honestly, I wonder if you might try going to a beauty school for trims? While they're less trained, they would also be less likely to try and impose their will onto your hair - they'd be too nervous to, in my experience (and I went to beauty school).

I know some people here have gone to barbers for trims successfully. They're so used to men's cuts that they're scared to do anything more than just trim length when a long haired person comes in.

As for me... classic finie complaint... I CAN'T STAND HOW GREASY MY HAIR IS. I can't even seem to manage every other day washes!
Although they aren't experienced, the reason I love going to a beauty school is because they always have a trainer supervising them. Once they have the basic concepts taken care of, their main concern is making the customer happy. also agree that they listen to what I want in a lot more detail than stylists who are set in their ways.

lostchyld
October 29th, 2012, 10:45 AM
My hair behaved all of last week and it's behaving today. It decided to be frizzy and annoying on Saturday when I cared and it's not like I treated it any differently.

dragonfly90
October 29th, 2012, 10:47 AM
My "bangs" are shorter than the rest of my very, very short hair. My mom said they look like "friar bangs" whatever that means.

Ligeia_13
November 29th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Still shedding at an alarming rate :(

millyaulait
November 29th, 2012, 06:52 AM
The color is not even remotely uniform, and it seems dry and frizzy these days. :\

erialc
November 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM
The thinness :( And those two "swirls" on top of my head that makes it impossible to do updos without the scalp always shining through.

Puertoricangirl
December 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
My hair has gotten really healthy but the annoying thing is shrinkage! I have 3a curls and my hair is waist length wet...but bounces above my breasts when dry.

millyaulait
December 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
It is getting so oily soooo fast! :(

Nebulae
December 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Ugh, all the dye/heat/mechanical damage I have, basically from shoulders down.. Now that my hair has grown a bit and I can see and feel how much better my healthy non-fried hair is, I'm just getting so impatient having to wait for it to grow out! I could just chop it off somewhere around my collarbones and pretty much all the damage and layers would be gone but that would be such a loss of length now that I finally reached BSL.. :( ahhh yes I'm frustrated about it. I just gotta try keep my cool and slowly trim the damage off as it grows...

ludwig20
December 8th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Using natural shampoos has made my hair get oilier faster. I also think my hair is bushier/heavier.

Vampyria
December 9th, 2012, 09:01 AM
When I already think that the shedding decreased, and I tell everyone that wants to hear about it, it starts increasing again.:steam
Also, I have that feeling that my hair is getting thinner and finer, even though I'm doing everything right (supplements, natural hair care, regular trimming). When I didn't care about my hair, it was so thick that I didn't know how to tame it.

I'm having urges to cut off the lower part that is significantly thinner (2 inches), but I don't want to end up with shoulder length hair.:(

catamonica
December 9th, 2012, 09:24 AM
My hair is one inch above tailbone. It hasn't grown since March. I wish it would grow longer. But if it doesn't grow longer, then I will be
content. I feel blessed it has gotten this long.

melusine963
December 9th, 2012, 11:53 AM
My hair is one inch above tailbone. It hasn't grown since March. I wish it would grow longer. But if it doesn't grow longer, then I will be
content. I feel blessed it has gotten this long.

I'm also about an inch away from my goal, and judging by photos it looks as though I've been in a growth stall since July. I really hope this isn't my terminal length. Unlike you, I want more. :( I'm also frustrated by how thin my hair is. I want it to get longer partly so that I can hit my goal and keep trimming to thicken up my ends.

oktobergoud
December 9th, 2012, 01:35 PM
It's very frizzy, but everything that helps against frizz is weighing my hair down like crazy/making it super oily. There basically is no solution for it, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it. My hormones are a bit weird as well so my skin (and thus scalp) gets greasy really fast :(

windyballoons
November 28th, 2013, 08:51 PM
The enormous frizz "halo" that pops up about 30 minutes after I think that I've finally gotten it under control, and ruins all the pretty crown braids and updos I finally get to try now that I've gained some length.I should be happy because they're mostly new hairs, I think- but I'm not! :(

DarkSunny
November 28th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Most hair toys are too heavy for it and slip right out or droop unless I put a whole bunch of bobby pins in. That and all of the split ends. No matter how much I baby it I get those split ends. :(

0xalis
November 28th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Oooh yay a place to vent. :steam

I am shedding like a dog, and although I'm not losing thickness [yet!] it's really annoying.

My hair does not want to be put up!! Hair sticks out and/or I accidentally make the bun or whatever too tight and it hurts my scalp so I HAVE to let it down and re-do it. My hair is too long to wear down, because I'm paranoid about damaging it, and too short to do anything with!!!!!

I am so irritated I want to just chop it off. Two week rule? I've been sick of my hair for the last month or so. I want to chop it to like mid-neck but that'd be a huge loss of growth and I know I'd regret it. I just want to get to APL for god's sake!!!! The distance from CBL to APL is 5'' and APL to BSL is 3'' :/ Once I get to APL it's smooth sailing... BUT I HAVE TO KEEP MY HAIR HEALTHY AND GROWING IN ORDER TO GET THERE!!!!!!! How in the world did I ever get to waist without caring for my hair when I was a child????

I've always wanted long hair. Giving up now would be so stupid because I'm getting so close I can freaking TASTE IT!!! [Figuratively, of course :lol:]
I'll be so happy once I reach BSL... I'll finally be in "long hair" territory for the first time since the chop in the 5th grade. I need to get rid of these ends... but I dread the thought of losing length.

I think I will either maintain at APL or BSL for a few months in order to get rid of a lot of the bleach damage... but I don't know.

Symphony
November 28th, 2013, 10:06 PM
It's kind of annoying that my curl pattern is tighter in the the back of my head than on the sides, so I have to reshape my hair once in a while our else the shape might resemble an upside down U.

Natalia
November 28th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Right now ends like a worn broom that won't do anything

Rio040113
November 28th, 2013, 11:26 PM
It's pretty frustrating waiting for these baby hairs to inch down and make their way into my length :(

ExpectoPatronum
November 28th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Mostly shedding is annoying me. I feel like I lose so much hair in the shower! I'm doing an experiment though because I think it's just from me only combing in the shower instead of throughout the day. I measured my ponytail thickness a couple weeks ago (just above 4inches). If it's still around there at the end of the year, I'll stop worrying about it.

Since I've stopped fighting my curls, I've been pretty happy. No more frizz. :)

I also finally got to go home to get my diffuser. I was so tired of waiting 6-7 hours for my hair to dry, which is only really frustrating since I shower at night. Sleeping on damp hair was so irritating.

Naima
November 29th, 2013, 12:18 AM
It's frustrating that I have not much of hair at all. Such tiny ponytails and braids... and shorter hair, that's sticking out of it everywhere. My hair seems to be much layered naturally...

durgidog
November 29th, 2013, 12:59 AM
All of the hair at the nape of my neck is stick straight and static prone, my canope is wavy and a few random sections around my head corkscrew. It's ridiculous.

monsoonstorm
November 29th, 2013, 02:14 AM
It's pretty frustrating waiting for these baby hairs to inch down and make their way into my length :(

Unfortunately I will always have a mass of baby hairs, I shed a lot and constantly have a halo of varying lengths!

my scalp is currently really dry and my hair is feeling like it has build up. I want to clarify but worry about my scalp getting worse!

Rio040113
November 29th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Unfortunately I will always have a mass of baby hairs, I shed a lot and constantly have a halo of varying lengths!

my scalp is currently really dry and my hair is feeling like it has build up. I want to clarify but worry about my scalp getting worse!

I guess I'm somewhat lucky in that I really don't shed much, definitely under 50 hairs a day, around 35 from what I've counted. I'm hoping once the baby hairs have grown I'll have less of a halo going on and my braids/buns will fill back out :wannabe:

MaryO
November 29th, 2013, 04:07 AM
I am always very frustrated witht the way my hair tangles when wet. I dread washing my hair because I know what's coming.
:-( My ends are also not very happy at the moment, thinking about a small trim in the new year...

Night_Kitten
November 29th, 2013, 05:25 AM
I have two things that frustrate me, and they are sort of connected - the crazy taper and that my hair is not as thick as I'd like...

If I had less taper I'd probably be less bothered about the overall thickness, as my braids would look impressive anyway, and my hemline would be thicker (and not so see through)...
On the other hand, if I had more hair (thicker ponytail) the taper would be not as visible and "in my face" and I'd be less bothered by it, with my braids looking more impressive and the hemline not so see through regardless of the taper...

So in a perfect world I'd like to have both thicker hair and almost 0 taper, but I'm willing to settle on just one of those, lol :p

Audhumla
November 29th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Styling and apparent lack of growth.
I feel like I can't go right styling-wise. I've got mechanical damage from constant cinnabuns so that's no good. Braiding it seems like a good option but my hair is so fine that it takes hardly any friction at all and I've got a tail of fuzz where my braid used to be. I've managed a crown braid and it seemed like the perfect style and felt really comfortable but my hair isn't long enough to make one that I can wear out of the house yet :/
Which leads me to my second frustration with my hair, I wish it would hurry up and grow :wail:

KittyBird
November 29th, 2013, 06:05 AM
The off-center part in the back of my head.. My hair naturally parts to the left there, and it's not always that easy to hide it. Usually it just looks like a long, weird scar, but whenever my blonnette roots start showing, it looks like a huge bald spot. :mad:

Scarlet_Heart
November 29th, 2013, 07:30 AM
The shedding... no matter what I do. And I do a lot and it keeps it from getting out of control. But the shedding/thinning is what keeps me from growing it as long as I'd like.

Skuld
November 29th, 2013, 07:33 AM
The splits. Oh my God, the splits. It seems though I baby it and S&D, they just keep on coming! Maybe I should invest in sharper scissors...

Lady Una
June 14th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Digging this thread out of the depths of the forum...Quite a handful of things frustrate me about my hair. I cut it from TBL to waist two years ago...then kept trimming it back to waist...it will take me FOREVER now to get to Classic!!! Also it bugs me when I've just washed it and it's a frizzy mess since I want to let it airdry and not interfere with its wave pattern. Also, split ends and a lot of taper. :P

(But having long hair makes me happy. So it's all worth it.) :)

Stray_mind
June 14th, 2014, 02:18 PM
My hair lenght. I can't do any updos i'd like to do with such lenght. I can't wait until i'm at BSL to get to do more updos. My hair tangles like crazy if they stay loose for one hour and it seems too slippery to braid. I braid my hair and after 10 minutes or so it falls out. That's all.

Alyse
June 14th, 2014, 04:03 PM
I hate the way hair seems to fall out of every single updo I put it in. If it doesn't fall out it pulls painfully in some spot or other. I just can't wear it down anymore without it getting in the way but I can't seem to get any updo to stay and be comfortable! :headache:

NatNat
June 14th, 2014, 05:51 PM
I'm frustrated with my long hair part that likes to travel far back on my head while I sleep, and then is horrendous to cover in the morning :p

YamaMaya
June 14th, 2014, 06:34 PM
I hate that my ends just dry up like a desert and seem to be much more porous than the rest of my hair, most likely due to my old dye damage. I'm managing it with WCC and damp oiling but sheesh, it's so frustrating to feel your tassel and it feels like straw :justy:

Weewah
June 14th, 2014, 06:36 PM
My fluffy splitty bleached hairs can't grow out fast enough! I have a texture demarcation line between my smooth natural hair and my crazy highlighted hair. It looks pretty bad/unkempt, and I try to counteract it by giving myself root volume with my devafuser, but that only helps a little. All I can do is wait and trim it off.

battles
June 14th, 2014, 06:57 PM
The barely wavy texture that I can't control. The bangs I keep thinking are a good idea and have to grow out. How slow it grows in general. I cut off all the henna that I (stupidly) used and now I have to grow out all over again. My weird hairline.

Yeah, I'm having a grouchy day with my hair.

Impulsive
June 14th, 2014, 08:15 PM
I'm frustrated with the never ending splits and shrinkage, and with the way the hair in the front is always shorter than the hair in the back regardless of how I trim or do not trim. I'm not sure if it's because the hair in front really does grow that much more slowly than the hair in the back or if I'm doing that bad of a job with my trims ... or, come to think of it, if the hair in front just shrinks that much more than the hair in back.

Mowle
June 15th, 2014, 11:25 AM
I have a weird cowlick-type thing on my crown. The hair just won't lie in the same direction no matter what I do to it. It looks like I have a bald patch! Even more so after wash day, that area gets greasy very quickly. It's sometimes even visible when my hair is up. I thought it might look better as my hair grew (the length might weigh it down a little) but it hasn't.

jacqueline101
June 15th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I have a new frustration my hair wants to flip out in the back at this one spot. After doing bun and braid waves it wants to hold waves all the time.

hafattack
June 15th, 2014, 12:04 PM
3 things:
My hair only grows in the summer.. It grows a little in the winter months maybe .33" a month, but nothing noticeable.

It is not straight but it is not wavy and it refuses to look nice down.

The old dye is very tangly and porous and taking forever to grow out.

AmberlynAsh
June 15th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Growing out my natural color & the dyed part has this awful red tone from the faded brown dye. Don't know what to do.. don't want to dye it or cut it. :confused:

queenovnight
June 15th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Well, im frustrated with my hairs ability to morph into a giant mess.

StickyMane
June 15th, 2014, 12:37 PM
The fall out amount. I feel like there could be less, but maybe it's just the seasonal shedding. Other than that, the tangling is frustrating.

Larki
June 15th, 2014, 03:20 PM
That I keep pulling it out. :mad:

jacqueline101
June 15th, 2014, 04:42 PM
I forgot one underside nape of neck next to root line tangles and shedding in phases. It's every other to every two weeks my hair sheds.