PDA

View Full Version : DH's dirty hair story

barely.there
September 18th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Okay so we needed extra conditioner, so I thought I would try out a silicone one. Keep in mind that we don't really use shampoo. I use AVC and then condition a few times. I could put DH on the same cleansing routine, but hey, anything vinegary reminds him of dog pee because thats what his mother used to clean up dog pee around the house when he was a kid....

so because he hadn't been clarifying at all, and working construction, his BSL hair got really disgusting really fast. he usually just throws his hair into a ponytail and goes on with his day, so its still susceptible to dirt and debris. anywho, his hair was super duper gross. kind of sticky. I thought Dr.Bronners would help clarify a bit, but to no avail. SO, the other day I asked him 20 times if I could ACV his hair. he was pretty firm on the NO. So I went and filled up my mister bottle with a splash of ACV and filled it to dilute it. DH was on his laptop watching mindless anime, so I started spraying his hair :twisted: :pins: after about 10 sprays he realized what was going on. Im surprised he didn't start flipping sh1t. he did freak out a bit and complained the whole time, but let me continue on. so after I finished spraying his hair thoroughly, he jumped in the shower, rinsed off, and now his hair is super lovely again :D every ounce of his hatred was totally worth his now pretty (and easily combable) hair. :happydance:

I did think of making a lemon rinse for him (he has blonde hair) but i didnt have a citrus squeezer or mesh strainer....so using ACV was just a zillion times easier!!

questions: would the premade lemon juice work just as well as fresh lemon juice? those little RealLemon/RealLime bottles? are there other types of natural clarification (other than clarifying shampoo)?

happy growing :)

afu
September 18th, 2012, 04:04 AM
I use the presqueezed lemonjuice that comes in the little lemon shaped bottles, works fine :) Just take extra care diluting as it's probably more concentrated than fresh juice

Dars
September 18th, 2012, 04:25 AM
ACV does not clarify!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=224

melusine963
September 18th, 2012, 06:23 AM
That's quite a funny image, you attacking your DH with a spray bottle. :) I'm glad it worked so well.