PDA

View Full Version : My daughter has my hair EXACTLY!

hermosamendoza
September 17th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Since I haven't been coloring my hair during this pregnancy I am seeing my natural color, highlights, etc. come through.

She was born with black, black hair. Then because it was always up in a half pony to get it out of her face she got some natural caramel highlights. Then suddenly over the last year she started getting the most georgous random red like coppery fire chick from the x-men strands. And she has random. she also has some blonde strands ontop. And it's probably 1a hair now she used to have natural curl.

I was born with black hair which faded to strawberry blonde which then darkened with time to dark brown.

I was looking today and naturally I have blonde strands or light brown and up front framing my face I have light brown face framing strands. I noticed today SO DOES SHE!

SHE HAS MY HAIR EXACTLY!!!!!

Tisiloves
September 17th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Aww, that's so cute! She's lucky, I have nearly exactly my dad's hair, right down to the really deep recession points and the weird hair pattern at the front that makes my fringe try to stand on end. :rolleyes:

neko_kawaii
September 17th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I was also born very dark haired which fell out and grew back blond to eventually darken to it's current color around junior high. My husband's hair is 1a black and our son was born with the same color and probably 1b texture as me, including the red highlights. It will be interesting to see what it looks like when he is grown.

beautifulending
September 19th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Aww so cute. I have my dads hair but I have double the thickness he does.

Henrietta
September 19th, 2012, 03:22 PM
That's so cute! And awesome, especially with all those varieties of hues and colours! :)

auburntressed
September 19th, 2012, 03:40 PM
That is adorable.

My hair is more than twice the thickness of both my parents', but the color resembles exactly what one would expect when you mix a fire redhead with coal black - dark auburn. I was born with coal black hair like my father's, but my baby pics show my hair as dark red by age one.

I think it is so cool how there could be something about you that you may not notice much, but then one day you have kids that share the trait. Then all of a sudden it beomces SO COOL! I am like this with my nieces, even though I have no kids of my own. They both look like me, but one of them shares my name (which I had never cared for before she was born, but now I feel like it connects us) and another very unique trait that I have.