PDA

View Full Version : Stopping supplements causing hair loss?

Vampyria
September 17th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I've been taking supplements (nutritional yeast and ground millet), for two years now and I've experienced increased shedding twice since then (one is still lasting). I don't remember this happening to that extend ever before.

The first time I stopped taking supplements for a while (around one months), but I've also started taking BC pills and tried no poo method (baking soda and apple vinegar), which I thought were the main reasons for my shedding.

But it didn't last to long and my overall thickness increased a lot in that time, just the lover part of my hair looked really thin (I had thin ends because of the damage due to dyeing and straightening anyway).
Shedding stopped after I gave up BC pills, went back to shampoo washing routine and started taking supplements again.

I'm having one again and I also stopped taking supplements for around a months. It lasts for around 3 to 4 months now and all though I'm taking supplements again and also MSM for more then a months it doesn't stop.
My thickness went from 3.5 to 3.75 inches of circumference to 3 inches in that time. My shed strands are everywhere and it's driving me crazy. I can shed to 40 strands at once.

I went to my doctor and he said that the tests aren't necessary, since I don't have any other problems. He sent me to a dermatologist though. I still haven't seen him, but I'm planing to, also endocrinologist (I have some other things to think about right now).

Anyone had this happened, after stopping with supplements? Do you think this is even possible?

Madora
September 17th, 2012, 10:06 AM
If you're losing 40 strands at once I'd certainly demand that your doctor have a complete blood panel done. It would not hurt to rule out the possibility of being anemic. Good luck!

Vampyria
September 19th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Thank you! I will do that.