PDA

View Full Version : breaking breaking breaking

darkwish3
September 17th, 2012, 06:34 AM
I finally have my hair growing but I have a new problem. My hair breaks off and won't go longer than armpit length. Does anyone know how to keep my hair from breaking? thanks

bunzfan
September 17th, 2012, 06:53 AM
I finally have my hair growing but I have a new problem. My hair breaks off and won't go longer than armpit length. Does anyone know how to keep my hair from breaking? thanks

A lot of us have had great success with micro trimming it only needs to be a small amount each month or every other month and it makes a big difference and stops it breaking off http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75468

RubyTuesday
September 17th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Could be so many reasons why it is breaking off....

Is your hair very fine? Do you colour or use a lot of heat?

Are there changes you can make to you hair care routine? Things that will be kinder and gentler to your hair?

goldloli
September 17th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Breaking at apl? gosh, are you still using heat? are you rough with your combing/brushing?

do you use protein and moisture on your fine hair? do you have old damage from dye/heat?

Mine's breaking a ton lately. It's from where i have the most heat damage, it's all velcroey and dry. Strangley enough it's so frustrating and ugly to me that i just wanna flat iron it or use tongs to disguise then ends.

actually as i wrote this, I booked an appointment at a salon for today, it's time to trim

Madora
September 17th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Perhaps a visit to the doctor would be helpful. Maybe you're lacking important vitamins/minerals in your diet and that is causing your hair to break.

spidermom
September 17th, 2012, 08:36 AM
You will have to tell us how you take care of your hair.
Also, do you wear it down a lot?

catamonica
September 17th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Maybe trimming would help. I wear my hair up a lot. My ends are healthy. Wearing it up keeps
it protected. I only wear it down once in a while.

lmfbs
September 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM
If your hair is very dry or you're using a lot of protein, it could cause breakage. Of course, mechanical or heat damage would also cause breakage.

battles
September 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Could you let us know more about your routine and what products you use? I think we may be able to help a little more this way. :)

lapushka
September 17th, 2012, 03:38 PM
If you're using any straighteners or curling irons on your hair, that might account for the breakage. Bleach, maybe? This shouldn't just happen on healthy, virgin, hair, and certainly not at APL.

gthlvrmx
September 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Itd be helpful if you told us what your routine is, what products your use, and what other things you do to your hair.