PDA

View Full Version : Hair ripped out

yogachic
March 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I almost always sleep with my hair down while sleeping. Well last night, somehow, My husband ripped some out, I heard it. Ouch! He did this by accident once before, when we first met. It was night time and we were laying under the stars, and he stood up and offered his hand to help me up, well he was stepping on my hair and when he helped me up, I heard it rip outta my head and it hurt really bad. Last night was just a smaller scale of hair coming out, but i heard it and it hurt too!

I just can't get used to sleeping with my hair kept up. :taz:

Xandergrammy
March 16th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I do that to myself sometimes when my hair is down. The only solution is to wear it up or braided.

akurah
March 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I have to contain my hair somehow when I sleep, because my DBF is all over the place when he sleeps and much of the time he manages to be on my hair, especially since he likes to spoon.

When my hair was shorter, like shoulder length or thereabouts, I didn't always have to wear my hair up but could get away with tucking it back. Now at nearly BSL, if I don't braid it at minimum, I get woken up in the middle of the night with a huge 200lb man on my hair, and it sucks.

Anje
March 16th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Your hair doesn't necessarily have to be "up" at night, but it helps to keep it contained. Some folks around here are able to keep it in one mass and just throw it over a pillow or the side of the bed. They're generally the ones who don't move around much at night, though. You can put your hair into a loose braid or two, or try PurpleBubba's "sleep tail" if you don't want to take the time or have braid waves. That's just a lowish ponytail with bands every few inches down its length. Sleep caps are another option that I keep coming back to because they keep hair contained and protected from tassel-nibbling cats and husbands that lie on your hair. You can easily leave your hair loose inside one of those.

Elfling
March 16th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I've had surprising luck braiding it and not tying the ends. It's enough to keep it back, and it's still halfway braided when I wake up.

NightingaleLHC
March 16th, 2008, 06:51 PM
oo Ouch! That sounds horrid! I just wear it in a loose bun and so I have to redo it a lot of times when I move around or wake up in the middle of the night, but I feel it helps some to just keep it out of the way even though it is very loose.

ChloeDharma
March 16th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Oh you poor thing!

I used to often sleep with my hair loose when i lived with my ex and the amount of times i'd wake up in the night desperate for the bathroom but have this lump laying on my hair! Sie also used to gather it up and cuddle it too, so again, stuck.

A braid is good for sleeping in, but i can't sleep on my back only my sides so i don't have it irritating me. If you sleep on your back you could bring your hair over a shoulder and braid it in front of you maybe?

Cinnamon Hair
March 16th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Sleep caps are another option that I keep coming back to because they keep hair contained and protected from tassel-nibbling cats and husbands that lie on your hair. You can easily leave your hair loose inside one of those.

I second the idea of a sleep cap. I've been wearing one every night for years now and it's very comfortable. You don't have to deal with the hassle of a braid or sleep tail; just fold up your hair, toss it into the cap, and you're done. It does look kind of dorky though, so you might get a few :laugh: comments but it is worth it.

yogachic
March 19th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I have a sleep cap, bought one a month or more ago, but it bothered me to sleep with it. Last night I put my hair up in a scrunchi up high, so that it didnt affect my side sleeping or if i managed to end up on my back. I found the scrunchie worked well, because it has more give then an ouchelss elastic.

tiny_teesha
March 20th, 2008, 02:39 AM
i can't sleep with it loose, it ends up stangling me!!!

Lisa-Maria
March 20th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Braiding doesn't always help either at least not in my case, for some reason DBF appears too like sleeping on my braid! Though this doesn't cause my hairs to be ripped out, it just gets me stuck.

ale
March 20th, 2008, 03:33 AM
I always sleep with my hair loose, I just put it over my head and it doesn't annoy me in the night; appearantly I don't move so much...

As for ripping, we have a couple of friends with really annouyng chairs, every time I sit there I have to be very careful or thay'll find a bunch of hair hanging from the chair back!

levelek
March 20th, 2008, 04:32 AM
My sympathies about the hair accident... I just wanted to say though, you are a good woman for staying with your husband after that first meet! :lol: :)