PDA

View Full Version : hair question... lol may sound crazy

MissPetite2010
September 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Just got a small question. Well I ended up getting my hair trimmed, Aug. 25th. It was 24.5. So, when I got it cut, it was 24. But, now it's a lil over 24.5. lol Is it possible? Just checked today. I don't know if it's because of the combination of getting the trim, and taking the vitamins. lol I checked, and checked again to be sure. Has this happened to anyone? My hair usually grows a half an inch a month. So, I was kind of surprised by this. lol :D

ravenreed
September 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I stopped measuring because I could never get an accurate reading. I do notice that once I pass a milestone, if I trim back, my hair seems to zoom back to whatever that milestone is, even if it took months to get there in the first place.

MissPetite2010
September 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
I stopped measuring because I could never get an accurate reading. I do notice that once I pass a milestone, if I trim back, my hair seems to zoom back to whatever that milestone is, even if it took months to get there in the first place.

lol that makes sense. :) I've been taking the hair skin and nail vitamins, along with b-complex now. Also, I've been taking the multi vitamin fish, flaxseed borage oil, omega 3,6,9. I take 1 of each a day.

melusine963
September 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I agree with ravenreed about measurements not being entirely accurate. Well, maybe if you had pin-straight hair it would be easier. The longer my hair gets, the less I'm concerned about gaining extra inches, so I rarely measure anymore.

ravenreed
September 16th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Yeah, those of us with wavy, or worse curly, hair have a harder time getting an accurate measurement, I think.

MissPetite2010
September 16th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, those of us with wavy, or worse curly, hair have a harder time getting an accurate measurement, I think.

yeah, it's kinda hard. i have naturally wavy hair. trying to grown out the perm. It's a pain sometimes, trying to get an accurate reading.

battles
September 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I find that length photos are more accurate than measurements. My measurements never come out the same, so I don't trust them very much.

blaketob
September 16th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I think it's possible. Usually when I get a haircut, it grows back very quickly to that same length. Just for that month though.. then it usually slows down to the normal rates of hair growth.

spidermom
September 16th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hair has both growth spurts and growth stalls.
Sounds like you had a growth spurt! I love those!

MissPetite2010
September 16th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Hair has both growth spurts and growth stalls.
Sounds like you had a growth spurt! I love those!

Growth spurt! Woohoo! :applause lol If that's the case, then yay! :D Would love more of those then the growth stalls. Just an assumption, but I'm thinking the vitamins played a roll as well. Been taking the hair skin and nails vitamins for a few weeks. I've seen a big difference with my nails especially.

jacqueline101
September 16th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I've stopped measuring for the reasons mentioned above growth spurts are awesome.

nakima
September 16th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I have noticed that sometimes my hair grows 1/2 inch a month and other times 3/4's of an inch so I would say yes it's possible :)

MORE
September 17th, 2012, 06:13 AM
I agree, it sounds like a growth spurt!:)

Henrietta
September 17th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I find that length photos are more accurate than measurements. My measurements never come out the same, so I don't trust them very much.

To me, it's on the contrary. My ribbon moves up and down so pics are never 100% accurate.
And, OP, yes, it's totally possible. Half an inch in two weeks. People do have spurts of 1 inch in a month, for some that's an average. That's nothing weird. Congrats on the growth! :applause