PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Hair?

Greenfire
September 16th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Okay, it's not really for Halloween, I just thought anyone else who does have Halloween needs could also post in the same thread to help each other out.

We're supposed to be going to an 80's party soon, and my husband has pretty short hair. I was thinking of getting some hair from Sally's in black to glue in to his hair in long tendrils to do an Adam Ant look on him. See Pic: click (http://girlygirl.typepad.com/.a/6a00e554e8195d88330177440c6760970d-320wi)

I would just have to get some spiral hair to dangle down in a few places and clip baby barrettes to it, and maybe braid a few with ribbon. I think it would be fairly easy, but I ALSO want to dye his hair black with temporary stuff, and need some suggestions.

For me, I was thinking of putting in some temporary colour in Cindy Lauper fashion and teasing it out on one side. (my hair is trying to heal from overbleaching, I've cut a lot out and am babying what's left, so am scared of this) Another option is to get blonde hair from Sally's for us both as a clip in, and dye some black for him and some crazy coloured for me, so that I only hurt the fake stuff, I figure if I tease it up big enough, it'll hide most of my OWN hair. Any thoughts?

And if I DO go temp with mine, what's a good temp dye to use on bleached hair that won't stain it permanently, AND will take? I worry that I'll either have no colour, or will be left with a tint in green and blue and pink...

FireFromWithin
September 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I would imagine that teasing your own hair when it's bleached would damage it but just once won't cause irrevocable harm, it's up to you and you know your hair best.
I don't know anything about any of your other questions but I will watch eagerly for the answer. I too have bleached hair and am going as daphne from scooby doo to a party, am debating if/ how to dye my hair temporarily orange.

Hollyfire3
September 16th, 2012, 12:05 PM
To both the OP and the above poster about temporary hair color, just remeber that bleached hair is much more porous and will keep whatever color you dye it for much longer, even if it is temporary color. I would hate to be stuck with orange or blue tinged hair, so good luck:)

Greenfire
September 16th, 2012, 02:23 PM
To both the OP and the above poster about temporary hair color, just remeber that bleached hair is much more porous and will keep whatever color you dye it for much longer, even if it is temporary color. I would hate to be stuck with orange or blue tinged hair, so good luck:)

Hahaha, that's EXACTLY why my question is a secondary one! My husband's hair, he wears short, so I could care less what it does to it. Mine on the other hand, I have tried to get it to take any colour at all to stop being so pale and it took several courses of colour before it took anything! But I also know that it can possibly take a temp and never let it go, so I really don't want to risk it unless someone has walked there before me. (then I can test it!!) Also considering chalking... it might work better for me, but again, hoping for those who have gone before to point me at what is worth trying!

MeowScat
September 16th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Just curious, would you consider wigs?

I've checked out many on eBay in the past few months and there are some really cool ones that are fairly inexpensive. There were so many different lengths, styles and colors that I ended up spending a long time browsing.

It's the simplest way to change your look and have zero damage to boot! :)

jacqueline101
September 16th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I agree with wigs for Halloween. If your were wanting to change your looks for the month or longer dye would be alright but for one night I'd do a wig.

fairhairedthing
September 16th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Wigs... yeah. Not good to over experiment with one's prized locks for a silly night on the town. And there are thousands of really fun and creative wigs on the market for holidays and theatre for cheap.