PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal shedding?

bunnylake
September 15th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Almost every time I run my fingers through my hair, I get 1 - 3 shed hairs. Is that normal? I seem to shed a lot throughout the day, not in chunks but just strands here and there. I'm probably just being paranoid!

Cheele
September 15th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I think you have to measure by whats typical for you.. I shed like a maniac and always have. But if this is unusual for you.. take note of it, however; it sounds to me like it's normal shedding.

If you're really worried about it though, just keep track of roughly how much you shed for a few days along with your pony circumference. If the shedding increases significantly and/or your circumference decreases significantly you may need to look into that.

It could just be a stress shed, changing seasons/weather, new hair routine, or perhaps an underlying medical issue.

But yeah, I shed more than that haha. So I think you're good :).

katfemme89
September 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Did you just notice this or has it been going on for a long time? I've always shed like that so for me it's nothing to worry about.

If it's a new thing, it might be like above poster said and just possibly a stress shed or a change in seasons, etc. But it never hurts to go to the doc every once in a while and get bloodwork done :)

Silverbrumby
September 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I shed between 50 to 90 hairs a day. 2 or 3 would be amazing for me lol. If you are worried you can:

1. Measure your ponytail circumference each month to see if it's shrinking

2. Braid or bun hair all day and count the hairs each day that you comb out

I personally don't think you need to do neither but if it makes you feel better then why not.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 16th, 2012, 03:16 AM
It sounds normal to me, I wouldn't worry about it.

Accalia
September 16th, 2012, 04:46 AM
I agree with above. Keep an eye on the shrinkage. It's probably normal. At this time of year I always shed a lot more.