PDA

View Full Version : First time trimming using Feye's method!

Cheele
September 15th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Layers too :)
I love it. Usually when I try to go at my hair it turns out icky and kinda destroyed. Especially layers. I have a lot of damage from trying to razor my own layers :(.
So what is did was go about it normally doing a v-cut. Cut off maybe a tad over an inch? Then after that took only the top layer of my hair, pony'd the bottom rest outta the way, and proceeded to do another cut of about a inch on the top layer piggy tails. And that's it.
I'm proud of myself. :applause

Here are the results:
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/callielallie/9-15-12aftertrimsmall.jpg

Kelikea
September 15th, 2012, 03:33 PM
It looks like you did a great job!

pink.sara
September 15th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Really pretty :)

I'm about to V cut mine and hope it turns out as well as yours did.

lapushka
September 15th, 2012, 04:14 PM
It looks really nice! Well done! :)

Cheele
September 15th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I'm amazed at how easy it was!

And pink.sara, if you wanna try for the angle I did, I tilted my head just slightly down when I pig-tailed. Still had a good view in front of me as well as the ground.

Xxanderia
September 15th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Beautiful! I tried doing the V-cut method the other day, and for some reason it came out blunt no matter what I did. I'm glad it worked for you though!

melusine963
September 16th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Well done, it looks completely professional to me!

Accalia
September 16th, 2012, 12:26 PM
It looks really pretty! :D

jojo
September 16th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Great job! I love self trims it makes us totally in control and it works every time. I like how your hemline has turned out and now all that money you have saved you can go buy a hair toy to make it prettier! :D

Lalital
September 17th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Fantastic job. :applause I'm going to trim using Feye's method for the first time later this month. I'm a bit nervous, I just hope I can do a good job of it. If so, then I will feel so confident that I 'll never have to nervously rely on hairdressers again. It would be so good to know I have complete control over the shape and length of my hair!

Ticky
September 17th, 2012, 02:00 AM
It looks great, and it will sure save some money! :D

Tota
September 17th, 2012, 03:11 AM
You did a great job, it looks like you just came out of a salon (I mean it in a good way).

bjt
September 17th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I haven't been here in a long time, but I was just coming here to say I *just* tried doing this, too! You did a great job cutting your own, it looks fabulous.

I just tried the straight across method yesterday, and it worked really well. and it was so easy! My hair was getting half down my thighs which is just too long for me. my sister usually trims it for me but our schedules haven't been working out. A friend took a pic of me this weekend from behind and I just thought my hair needed a serious trim so I tried this method. and was thrilled that it worked! :) I only took about 2 or 3" off, but it looks neat and straight. yay!

itdontmatter48
September 17th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Looks to me like you did a great job. You say it was easy? I may have to try it, lol. Thanks for the confidence.

browneyedsusan
September 17th, 2012, 01:04 PM
You should be super proud of yourself! You did a great job! Very nice work! :thumbsup:

theemeraldskull
September 17th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Where can Faye's method be found? I'd like to try trimming my own hair, since I really can't afford to go to a hair dresser, and my mom generally cuts more than I'd like...

Alex Lou
September 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Looks just perfect! I want my hair to look like that...

Henrietta
September 17th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Great job! :) And congrats on inventing a new method! ;)

Cheele
September 17th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Thanks everyone for reassuring that it looks good! :D

And yes it was very easy. No stress, and took like 5 minutes.

I feel so empowered! :p

I believe I first came across the method on an article on here.. but I can't seem to find it now..

There's a website though: http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

theemeraldskull
September 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks everyone for reassuring that it looks good! :D

And yes it was very easy. No stress, and took like 5 minutes.

I feel so empowered! :p

I believe I first came across the method on an article on here.. but I can't seem to find it now..

There's a website though: http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

Thanks for the link! I will definitely have to check that out! :-)

beautifulending
September 19th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Very pretty.:applause

Miss Maisie
September 19th, 2012, 10:18 PM
It looks wonderful!

My hair is layered and between APL and BSL. I feel like it might be too short to trim myself. Or maybe I'm just really nervous!

I did a good S&D today, and trimmed my super long bangs. I'll work my way to trimming the length, slowly :) Until then, I'm glad to have you for inspiration!

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Looks great.

Leeloo
September 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
It looks very nice! Good job!