PDA

View Full Version : I'm desperate! Cut or keep, hair typing [Pics inside...]

Accalia
September 15th, 2012, 03:06 PM
So this is my first thread! :D

I feel very desperate about my hair... It feels so thin and there is not much of it. Although I have a pretty ponytail average of ~3 inch.
First a little hair history... Last year in June I decided to grow my hair out. I have bleached, dyed, henna"ed" and than again bleached, dyed.... till August 2011. See pic:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bJ_XVX1S398/UFTiMnZPbcI/AAAAAAAAGIE/KSFG2uD4ooM/s500/1232134.jpg

In September I had a big cut to mid back. It felt nice and more healthy but missed my length. So now I'm here:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aU5I_gDqpmM/UFTh0qh4JwI/AAAAAAAAGHc/SQ6o3usBHBA/s500/photo%25201.JPG
I think the thickness is moving down but It's still so thin. I like to wear my hair lose and the feeling of long hair. I think I should cut back till a little under waist but I just don't want to lose more length again... LHC, what shall I do? Aargh I just want to have those beautiful locks of those pics around here! :stirpot:
Did you experience this thinness and what did you do?

Last pics:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-wM-YOyGjKRs/UFTh0_epBEI/AAAAAAAAGHY/L43KlH-dKf8/s500/photo%25202.JPGhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-0FMWdeC_xSA/UFTh0nq2yWI/AAAAAAAAGHU/g4gcNQlcnSg/s500/photo%25203.JPGhttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-eY_wIgpBUUE/UFTh2mdwNrI/AAAAAAAAGHw/rZBYVdSYd8M/s500/photo%25205.JPG
In the last pic you can see how much it thins out... :(
Please, be honest and tell me what you think. I really appreciate your sharing. :blossom:

Oh and I almost forgot about hair typing. This is hair day 2 and there's a little body. So maybe i'm not a 1a after all.... :confused: I know that I should wash and let it be to get an accurate view of my hair but it's really depending on what poo and conditioner I use. Sometimes it is pin straight and other days there is a little body to it...

Thank you in advance!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 15th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I think the thickness is moving down your length, why don't you just maintain at your current length and let it keep doing so? Your hair looks wonderfully healthy and shiny too.

ladylowtide
September 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM
In terms of hair type. I would put you at 1b/1c. Mainly because it looks like it is trying desperately to wave a bit. In terms of cut or keep, I think your hair looks great and your taper is well within the normal range, but I am always biased towards keep over cut, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Oh and good luck to you on your hair journey! :)

Theobroma
September 15th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I haven't BEEN there, I AM there right now. Growing out a nasty taper that resulted from not one, but two episodes of heavy shedding. My circ at the nape is a bit bigger than yours, but the last six inches of my length is probably somewhat thinner.

How I'm dealing with it? Putting it, up with pretty hairtoys and waiting until tailbone. At which point I plan to maintain by microtrims until the ends thicken up. I bitterly regretted my last big chop and another one is not an option, thin ends or no.

Also, I've noticed that the only person who cares about, or even seems to notice, my ends is me. Everyone else who's seen it down seems to think they're perfectly fine.

For the record, that's also what I think about YOUR ends. :)

Kelikea
September 15th, 2012, 03:32 PM
It looks lovely to me. Ends are always going to be a bit thinner. If you go for a trim, I think 2 inches, max. Your color is very pretty, too.

Accalia
September 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I think the thickness is moving down your length, why don't you just maintain at your current length and let it keep doing so? Your hair looks wonderfully healthy and shiny too.

Thank you so much! That's a nice compliment! :D
I just never maintained my hair at on length. Maybe It's time to do so. I just love to be at tb... But your point is probably a better way to go!

In terms of hair type. I would put you at 1b/1c. Mainly because it looks like it is trying desperately to wave a bit. In terms of cut or keep, I think your hair looks great and your taper is well within the normal range, but I am always biased towards keep over cut, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Oh and good luck to you on your hair journey! :)

Wow a 1b/1c.. :D That would be nice! Lol I just laughed so hard about your "it's trying desperately to wave a bit" comment!

spidermom
September 15th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Just keep trimming, maybe half your growth each trim. Or all your growth until the ends please you.

The taper looks within the limits of normal to me.

Accalia
September 15th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I haven't BEEN there, I AM there right now. Growing out a nasty taper that resulted from not one, but two episodes of heavy shedding. My circ at the nape is a bit bigger than yours, but the last six inches of my length is probably somewhat thinner.

How I'm dealing with it? Putting it, up with pretty hairtoys and waiting until tailbone. At which point I plan to maintain by microtrims until the ends thicken up. I bitterly regretted my last big chop and another one is not an option, thin ends or no.

Also, I've noticed that the only person who cares about, or even seems to notice, my ends is me. Everyone else who's seen it down seems to think they're perfectly fine.

For the record, that's also what I think about YOUR ends. :)

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! BTW I just changed the circ from ~2" to ~3". Its a little less than 3 though. Sorry for the mistake. I have to converse the cm to inches... and remembered it wrong :)

Putting it up is just not for me. Well not all days. I really love the feeling of long hair. It's nice to hear that it works for you though! :D

It looks lovely to me. Ends are always going to be a bit thinner. If you go for a trim, I think 2 inches, max. Your color is very pretty, too.

Thank you so much!

Henrietta
September 15th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Keep it, keep it, keep it, keep it, keep it, keep it, keep it! It's so beautiful! And long! Oh, the shine and colour!
I have a similar problem. But it's thinnes+ dryness, looks horrible sometimes, like on the pic below. It depends on my hair's mood, sometimes it looks normal all the way down to the ends but the problem IS there. Some days it just does not show.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5552&pictureid=119798
I do microtrims. It is a long journey, but it works. Every three months I cut a little, it's not that long to wait to see a progress. And there's no dramatic length loss. Yes, cutting it all at once would make an immediate change but also it would be a length shock. If you're not ready for it, go microtrim.
And your ends really do not look bad. If I saw your hair I'd have positive thoughts only. They're thinner, but not significantly, and they do not look damaged. That should make microtrimming journey easier :)

battles
September 15th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I would suggest microtrimming if you aren't happy with your ends. It does look like the thickness is definitely moving down. :)

pink.sara
September 15th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Keep! You have beautiful hair, it's a lovely colour and is so shiny.

Micro trims or trimming growth for a few months will thicken the ends I'm sure.

lapushka
September 15th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I do think you are a 1 by the looks of it. It's pretty straight, at least that's what it looks like to me. :) Your hair is thinning out a bit, going a bit into fairytale ends, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I see no need to trim, unless you like a much thicker, blunter hemline, but that's a personal choice.

long&blonde
September 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Your hair is beautiful.
I love the color and the shine!
I totally relate about loving length and thinning ends.
Before my 5/2012 salon trim, I had thinning mid butt crack length ends that looked like ragged cobwebs.
Yet I still miss them!
My vote; keep.
But Your vote is the Only vote that counts.
Reminder:a true length obcessive, like myself!
Gets a few seconds of "oh yes how much healthier the ends look".
Then a years worth of "Why did I get that trim? I hate scissors!"
Some much prefer healthy looking ends to length.
Some(me!) Length above all.
Know thyself. ;)

CurlyCap
September 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I say keep it.

It looks really lovely and has a gorgeous shine. I can't tell from the photo that you have any past damage at all. That past big cut must have really helped!

As for your thinning ends, just trim and maintain for a year to let your thickness catch up. Figure out what your monthly growth is, and trim off half of that (or all of it if you really want the ends to thicken up more quickly).

KEEP IT.

And trust me, I'd definitely tell you if I thought you needed a big trim. You just don't. :D

Messyhair
September 15th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I'd just maintain at this length while the thickness catches up. I wish I'd done that when mine was thinning at the ends at hip-length. :( Well, a lesson learned! I wonder if this always happens at some point in growing?

Quixii
September 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Wow, your hair is so pretty!

If the first picture were your current picture, I think I'd agree with trimming. But looking at your progress, the thickness is travelling down, and it is honestly so beautiful, I would just keep it and keep doing microtrims until the ends are thick enough to your liking.

As for hair typing, obviously these aren't proper hair typing pictures, but if they were I would put you at a 1a/1b. There's at least a hint of a wave in there.

AutumnLocks
September 15th, 2012, 06:52 PM
You have beautiful hair! My advice to you would be to keep up with what you are doing it seems to be working. Be patient with your hair. It will reward you with what you want from it.

lunalocks
September 15th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I agree to keep the length and trim one half to full growth to thicken ends. If I had not done this a few years back, I would still be at BSL. A word of warning, though. I had incredible breakage from wearing a pony during exercise - it would loosen, I would tighten- repeatedly. Even with a soft scrunchie, I had thinning that I originally thought was just the way it had to be. Once I discovered it was the pony, I stopped putting pressure on the same spot. One year later, I am thickening nicely and growing out that damage. I now wear my hair in a secure bun for exercise.

Good luck!

Falcore
September 15th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Your colour is perfect!

I'd maintain where you are now. Every month or two just cut of your new growth, until the ends thicken up.

bunnylake
September 15th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Maybe cassia treatments will help to thicken and strengthen the ends. Your hair is beautiful!

alexis917
September 15th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Perhaps microtrim to maintain your current length?
The difference in thickness from the older picture to the more recent one is huge.
So whatever you're doing is working!
Your hair is gorgeous.

longNred
September 15th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Another keep vote here! It's absolutely beautiful!

Ambystoma
September 15th, 2012, 10:50 PM
It looks beautiful! Honestly if I saw you on the street my thoughts would not be "gee it looks thin at the ends, she should take off a few inches" I would be thinking how pretty it looked! You can tell the thickness is moving down from the photos so I agree with everyone else, keep it and just trim a little every now and then until you're happier with your ends.

Mesmerise
September 16th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I also think your hair looks really pretty! Honestly, if I were in your situation, I'd just trim my growth off every couple of months (maintain the length) for awhile to get the ends to thicken. I'm not saying your ends desperately NEED it, but it has to keep YOU happy!

I would not chop it off at all... it really doesn't need it! I'm growing out thin ends now, and my goal is to get it to waist and then maintain until my ends look better, before growing longer (I don't want to maintain yet as it's too short!!). But if I had your length, I'd probably maintain, because it's a nice length.

Alex Lou
September 16th, 2012, 02:22 AM
I actually think that your ends are really pretty with how they thin out... fairy tail ends. You could just do a rounder or V shaped trim instead of straight across. That would be perfect.

Accalia
September 16th, 2012, 04:19 AM
OH Thank you all so much! I wanted to reply at everyone's posts but there are too much of it! LOL :D

The most important part is that no one seems to think about a big chop. So I really have to look differently at my ends.
I've read some suggestions like microtrimming, trim only the new growth, trim half of new growth, max 2 inch trim, no trimming, soften the hemline to a U or V shape and keep fairytail ends and cassia treatments.
I'm still not sure what to do. By all means I'm not going for a big chop. Maybe I should look into a U/V shape and combine that with some kind of trim.

Thank you all! It's nice to hear your thoughts and story's! :toast:

I'm going to cogitate about your suggestions!

Anabell
September 16th, 2012, 04:56 AM
you have really beautiful hair.
I think your hairtype is 1a. this is the first time I see so perfecr, natural 1a. people spend hours in hair salons to acheive this look!
your ends look very healthy (end even! really good trim). about the tapper, you always can braid your hair until the thickness travel down. in braids it alwayls look pretty when the ends is tapper (but maybe it is just my own opinion. it just remaind me a lion tail or something..) and you will have braid waves after that, which give your ends some volium and will look pretty when it down.

goldloli
September 16th, 2012, 05:32 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75468

you belong with us lol. check out the wonderful progress, most recently rufflebutt and jojo.

rufflebutt posted a thread similar to this, and this is her progress thread after a few months microtrimming http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100013

Also It looks like the thickness has travelled quite a few inches down from bsl to waist! it's only a couple off the length now.

marykatz
September 16th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I am just agreeing with everyone here. Your hair looks pretty. The thinning doesn't look severe. I'd keep it!

pink.sara
September 16th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Ooh and I forgot, obviously these aren't proper clarified/no conditioner/no touching hairtyping pics, but looking at the amount of wave I'd put you at a 1c.

Mainly because I think they would be more visable with no conditioner to weigh them down and no combing or brushing to smooth them out.

:)

Alvrodul
September 16th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I see a lot of improvements between your pics! In the first, your hair is see-through, and very obviously damaged. In the others - yes, your ends are still thin, but overall, such an improvement! Shiny, happy and healthy-looking.
Growing long hair is exercise in patience. You can't hurry the hair, after all. Like some of the others here, i recommend microtrimming until your hair is as you want it. And it will get there - eventually.
Cassia is a good idea - you might also like to try catnip rinses. :)

Accalia
September 16th, 2012, 08:46 AM
you have really beautiful hair.
I think your hairtype is 1a. this is the first time I see so perfecr, natural 1a. people spend hours in hair salons to acheive this look!
your ends look very healthy (end even! really good trim). about the tapper, you always can braid your hair until the thickness travel down. in braids it alwayls look pretty when the ends is tapper (but maybe it is just my own opinion. it just remaind me a lion tail or something..) and you will have braid waves after that, which give your ends some volium and will look pretty when it down.

Thank you for the nice compliment! I think my hair is too thin to wear a braid :( Maybe if I braid it with a scarf or something, it will look good.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75468

you belong with us lol. check out the wonderful progress, most recently rufflebutt and jojo.

rufflebutt posted a thread similar to this, and this is her progress thread after a few months microtrimming http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100013

Also It looks like the thickness has travelled quite a few inches down from bsl to waist! it's only a couple off the length now.

rufflebutt's progress is very inspiring! Thank you. I will probably join you soon! lol :D

I am just agreeing with everyone here. Your hair looks pretty. The thinning doesn't look severe. I'd keep it!

Thank you so much!

Ooh and I forgot, obviously these aren't proper clarified/no conditioner/no touching hairtyping pics, but looking at the amount of wave I'd put you at a 1c.

Mainly because I think they would be more visable with no conditioner to weigh them down and no combing or brushing to smooth them out.

:)

You're right. I should post some proper hairtyping pics... :) I'll definitely post some soon.

I see a lot of improvements between your pics! In the first, your hair is see-through, and very obviously damaged. In the others - yes, your ends are still thin, but overall, such an improvement! Shiny, happy and healthy-looking.
Growing long hair is exercise in patience. You can't hurry the hair, after all. Like some of the others here, i recommend microtrimming until your hair is as you want it. And it will get there - eventually.
Cassia is a good idea - you might also like to try catnip rinses. :)

Thank you! I would love to find "miracle fast grow" stuff LOL :D
I will look into the catnip rinses. Although I have cats and I don't want them to get crazy with my hair... ;)

MaryO
September 16th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Your hair is a lovely colour and very shiny! The ends don't look way thin to me, I love fairy tale ends and yours reminds of that. :-)

Hollyfire3
September 16th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I think your hair is gorgeous! It doesn't look thin at all! If you really are worried about the ends, I'm saying go with what everyone else is suggesting and microtrim, but I really do think your hair is beautiful right now, the color, the shine, the length and it does look thick to me.

Beckstar
September 16th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Keep. It would be a shame to cut off so much lovely hair!

bunzfan
September 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I agree it looks very thick and healthy and look at the shine! but if the sides bother you (mine do the same) micro trim a tiny amount to help thicken them up thats what i'm doing now. With micro trimming you always grow back very quickly what you have taken off and usually you get extra growth to. Go check the micro trimming thread out http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75468&page=45 its very inspirational

CurlyCurves
September 16th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Can I just say your hair is gorgeous? :thud:

Mai Gloeckchen
September 16th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Trim and maintain. Your hair looks pretty much like mine. I am a 1b maybe 1c hairtype, colour the same, ponytailcircumference close to 7cm (6,7cm) and thickening up. My hair recovers from a big shed last summer. I reached tailbone in august and am now maintaining.
Bes advice I can give you, when you like to wear your hair down: wear unicoloured dark pullovers or shirts. Whiete is the worst colour you can chose, patterns with hard conrast don't do any better. Black, purple, teal, dark blue, that will all look pretty nice.
I am not happy with my thin lengths, but there are ways to make them look better and I don't want to make a big chop, because I love my hairtoys and braidingstyles which work better with more length.
You should see improvement in about 3 to 6 month of maintaining, maybe earlier.

Shepherdess
September 16th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Your hair looks so lovely and shiny, like gold! ! It also has improved a lot! ! I would keep it if I were you! :)

melusine963
September 16th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. After years of neglect, my thickness is also finally starting to creep down, but it will be many years and many trims before it gets to the ends.

Your hair looks great, and although it may seem thin to you, you have a thicker ponytail cirmumference than many of us (myself included). If I were you I would trim it back a little. Not necessarily all the way to below waist in one go, but try doing it in stages. That way you will see the improvement, but not get rid of too much length at once.

ravenreed
September 16th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I trimmed my hair quite aggressively as it was growing, and as a result it took a little longer to get to where I am going, but I was happier with it along the way. I am not afraid to take off 1 -2 inches if they start to act tangly and look ratty. I know that it will grow back in a few months and in the mean time my hair will look a lot better. I have had friends grab my ends and exclaim about what great shape they are in...

jen5972
September 16th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Your hair looks very healthy, and the color and shine are beautiful! It does look like it is starting to thicken up as you grow. I would say to just keep trimming smaller trims until you eventually get a thicker hemline :).

Accalia
September 16th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Thank you all for the nice comments!
I guess microtrimming would be the best option for me. Thickening up and still having length. I just don't feel ready to trim a little I think. Even when I think that those ends should go... Probably I will start with microtrimming in a couple of days or maybe weeks. I'm already reading the microtrim thread for courage! :)

catamonica
September 17th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Your hair is beautiful! If you need to trim a little then trim. But don't cut it.

Shadow Walker
September 18th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Your hair looks great, and I can tell the length is thickening up. I'm having exactly the same crisis myself, my ends are thinning bad but I still want to keep growing. It's frustrating when you've been stuck at the same length for 2 years because of damage and having to cut.

Freija
September 18th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'd say you're a 1B - there *is* a wave there!

How would you feel about trimming to dead-on waist? Looking at your photos, I think that might be a good compromise between losing length and regaining thickness: it's perhaps not a very big trim, really, but I think your hair would feel a lot thicker afterwards.

That said, you are obviously very kind to your hair - it's very fine and delicate, but it looks wonderfully healthy, smooth and glossy. It is lovely right now; a trim might make you feel better, but you don't need one, by any means. : )

ratgirldjh
September 18th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Sweetie - you have fairy tale ends! I love fairy tail ends! I have cut mine off a few times only to find I also miss them and that then all my hair won't stay up in a bun! They must be there for a reason ;)

You have beautiful hair and if your pony measures 3" you have a lot of hair! Mine is 2.5 and I feel like I have a lot of hair! lol :)

eta: I don't personally enjoy blunt hemlines. Every time I have tried to have one it looks ok for 5 minutes then some hair moves and then it looks un-even. I would drive myself crazy when I was younger trying to get it perfectly blunt and straight across or curved the same on both sides! Then I discovered fairy tale ends when I saw my mom's hair (never trimmed for years!) and WL and just amazing! I was like hmmm that is MUCH better! :)

juliaxena
September 18th, 2012, 11:03 PM
On the other hand, if you cut your hair in a V shape, you couldnget rid of all your taper and still be at waist. Obviously I am for cutting hair when it seems neccessary so my opinion differs from others but what would be the point of posting yet another "don't cut" reply.

Accalia
September 19th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Your hair is beautiful! If you need to trim a little then trim. But don't cut it.

Thank you for your kind words! :D

Your hair looks great, and I can tell the length is thickening up. I'm having exactly the same crisis myself, my ends are thinning bad but I still want to keep growing. It's frustrating when you've been stuck at the same length for 2 years because of damage and having to cut.

Thanks! Nice to know that I'm not alone in this... ;)

I'd say you're a 1B - there *is* a wave there!

How would you feel about trimming to dead-on waist? Looking at your photos, I think that might be a good compromise between losing length and regaining thickness: it's perhaps not a very big trim, really, but I think your hair would feel a lot thicker afterwards.

That said, you are obviously very kind to your hair - it's very fine and delicate, but it looks wonderfully healthy, smooth and glossy. It is lovely right now; a trim might make you feel better, but you don't need one, by any means. : )

Now 2 days later, I don't feel like trimming back to waist. It's true that it's not that much but it feels like a big chop.. :) Thank you for your share! :D
My hair is indeed fine. Although it's mixed with some medium hair. It's surprising how much my hair can handle. It's damaged by bleach and dye. Thereby I wear it almost every day loose.
Thanks again! :D

Accalia
September 19th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Sweetie - you have fairy tale ends! I love fairy tail ends! I have cut mine off a few times only to find I also miss them and that then all my hair won't stay up in a bun! They must be there for a reason ;)

You have beautiful hair and if your pony measures 3" you have a lot of hair! Mine is 2.5 and I feel like I have a lot of hair! lol :)

eta: I don't personally enjoy blunt hemlines. Every time I have tried to have one it looks ok for 5 minutes then some hair moves and then it looks un-even. I would drive myself crazy when I was younger trying to get it perfectly blunt and straight across or curved the same on both sides! Then I discovered fairy tale ends when I saw my mom's hair (never trimmed for years!) and WL and just amazing! I was like hmmm that is MUCH better! :)

Thank you! :D
I do like fairy tail but just not on me.. LOL! My circ is about (a little less) 3" but that's with my bangs and healthy virgin hair. The length you see on the pics are much thinner! I just need a lot of patience to grow that all out... :meditate:
It's so nice to hear your thoughts! Thank you! :)

On the other hand, if you cut your hair in a V shape, you couldnget rid of all your taper and still be at waist. Obviously I am for cutting hair when it seems neccessary so my opinion differs from others but what would be the point of posting yet another "don't cut" reply.

I'm looking for all of your opinions and thoughts. :) And maybe it wouldn't be plausible if everyone would say that I shouldn't cut. So I appreciate your opinion! :D Thanks!
For now, I just let my hair be. I'm not sure what to do so this choice seems to be safe... ;)

celebriangel
September 19th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I wouldn't cut - I would trim off all your growth starting next month. See how the majority of the thinning starts about 3 inches up? That means that, if you maintain for 6 months you will see a huge increase in thickness!

Peggy E.
September 19th, 2012, 08:36 AM
It's possible you simply will have thin ends, no matter how much you trim/cut/pray!

Mine is this way, anyway. It's fairly thick until mid-back and then it thins out drastically until the ends are wispy little bits of fine hair that is barely seen without a microscope. :o( However, it is at what I think is classic length - if it counts, though you can't see it!

I'd spent a lot of time trimming up in hopes of thickening the ends - including a horrible 8" accident with self-trimming. Even after that, my hair thins out with such reliability it's almost scary.

Everyone's hair is different - it's as unique to each individual as are our personalities. The ability to learn to love your hair is much like taking the step towards learning to love yourself. To accept your faults and realize you're still wonderful despite them.

Your hair is wonderful - bright, shiny and I'll bet it has a lovely flowing movement as you walk along, flirting and cheerful. It no doubt matches a wondrous, glowing personality, one who knows to emphasize the many, many fabulous qualities and to even appreciate those which might not be to your liking - knowing that to be human is to embrace the faults, a far more difficult task.

Please, consider allowing your hair to continue growing, or trim but the tiniest amounts as it does.

Just my opinion, fwiw.

Feli
September 19th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I think this is a really tricky question, because different people just seem to like different types of hair.

Annoyingly, I only really like the look of quite thick and full long hair and so get frustrated with mine and consider cutting it. Whereas other people think my hair looks nice and don't understand why I think it's too thin.

At the end of the day, some people are going to like your hair and others would maybe chose to cut it, but I really think it comes down to whether you feel good with it how it is. Neither of us is going to be able to miraculously thicken our hair and we have to decide whether WE can learn to like it as it is or else we should change it. Other people aren't going to be able to convince us that it looks thick/nice etc.

hermosamendoza
September 19th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I agree with those who said keeping it at your current length and keep trimming until it's all one evenness of thickness. I had to do that last year to grow out layers...annoying yes....worth it most definitely!