PDA

View Full Version : *official mix textured hair thread*

goldloli
September 14th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Hey thought I'd create a thread for people with mixed curl types and strand thickness as we face a whole load of problems when it comes to tangles and styling.

As stated in my sig I have curl types 2b/2c/3a, some strands are fine silk some are coarse and fragile that snap after only a few inches of growth and some are just regular medium stands. I have those thick ziggly hairs, fine limp hairs and fluctuations in volume. One day its poofy at the roots, the next its triangle and the next it falls so perfectly.

I'm having problems with curl pattern predictability atm, some days it just looks like a mop, others it's a glorious mane. I tend to damp bun to create a controlled curl pattern and this also decreases the amount of dreadlocking since all the curls go the same direction but alas it's not as pretty as my hair can be.

I can't be the only one on here, so please feel free to post tips and advice.

I'm so close to just straightening every day again

rowie
September 14th, 2012, 06:03 PM
A lot of us are in this thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=88445

So if you can merge us in that would be great, thanks!

ETA: I also have 1c hairs mixed into my hair as well, not just waves and curls.

hairhair
September 14th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I think I have this a bit. I've always noticed that I have a variety of colours in my hair, which I think is the result of a gradual move from childhood blonde to my current darkish brown (my avatar shows it with a red rinse), as well as possibly sun damage. But I've recently noticed a definite coarseness difference between the darker strands around the back of my head and the lighter ones at the front. The front ones are probably F, while the back ones are M, even C. I also did find a very curly one at the back a few weeks ago (maybe 2a/2b) but this may have been the result of frequent ponytailing.

I did hear on the Flexi8 website that hair might grow coarser as we get older, so maybe this is occuring with me? I don't find many problems stem specifically from this mixture of types. I get braiding troubles from my fine/thick hair.