PDA

View Full Version : ISO Ravenscroft Moon

meishkamooshka
September 14th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Anyone willing to part with their baby for a slightly reduced rate (as if)? Haha . :p

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather.

ETA: After deliberating, I think 4" is the smallest I can go, and I'd prefer a darker color to contrast better with my blondette hair. Thanks everyone who has commented on this and tried to help me out. It is much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Rosethorn
September 14th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Sorry. Not a chance. I love it waaaay too much. ;)

meishkamooshka
September 14th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Sorry. Not a chance. I love it waaaay too much. ;)

Hahahah! Got my hopes up! I know I'm crazy!!! Most people love them or want to swap for another or a fork.

I want my very first baby, though. :wail:

Dovetail
September 14th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Meish I know she JUST posted some in her shop, maybe keep an eye out and she might add some more soon. Or you might be able to message her and see if she knows when her next update might be? I got mine here on the swap board by chance at 6am xD They're out there, I was looking since I joined for one, so it does happen!

rowie
September 14th, 2012, 04:40 PM
good luck with the slightly reduced rate. :D the pretty moons, especially the ones with rare woods are so hard to get...competition for these within the longhair community is so fierce it makes me cringe.

Schefflera
September 14th, 2012, 05:47 PM
And she's apparently no longer able to get one of the woods I was hoping for. (Although -- perhaps I shouldn't keep eyeing these -- my attempts with chunkier and interestingly-shaped hairsticks have not tended to suit my hair. But they just look so cool!)

Wildcat Diva
September 14th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Well, you can dream, can't you? What size were you looking for?

rowie
September 14th, 2012, 06:14 PM
And she's apparently no longer able to get one of the woods I was hoping for. (Although -- perhaps I shouldn't keep eyeing these -- my attempts with chunkier and interestingly-shaped hairsticks have not tended to suit my hair. But they just look so cool!)

Let me guess, heritage woods, etimoe, ughhh, I can't remember which ones she's out, but that is what I remember. Unless you are thinking ebony?

meishkamooshka
September 14th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Meish I know she JUST posted some in her shop, maybe keep an eye out and she might add some more soon. Or you might be able to message her and see if she knows when her next update might be? I got mine here on the swap board by chance at 6am xD They're out there, I was looking since I joined for one, so it does happen!

Hahaha, oh my goodness! Thanks for the advice. Perhaps I should contact her!

Yah! I love the ones that are on reserve, color-wise. I feel like the lighter colors would just clash with my hair. I like the red toned woods. They look SO cool; I can't fault you for looking! ^.^

good luck with the slightly reduced rate. :D the pretty moons, especially the ones with rare woods are so hard to get...competition for these within the longhair community is so fierce it makes me cringe.

I know, right. Wishful thinking, but I'd be willing to pay full price for one if I needed to. I can tell because every time I see a posting for one, I'm always beat to the punch!

Well, you can dream, can't you? What size were you looking for?

Yes.....I dream big, apparently! ;) I was looking around 4"? I'm not positive on the sizes, but I have relatively thick hair and I don't want to grow out of it with length.

Let me guess, heritage woods, etimoe, ughhh, I can't remember which ones she's out, but that is what I remember. Unless you are thinking ebony?

Those all SOUND pretty. I got on the bandwagon late, so the only thing I know is she is like not taking special orders.

Long_hair_bear
September 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Ya you pretty much have to stalk either the swap board or her etsy shop. :)

Schefflera
September 14th, 2012, 09:51 PM

Nooo -- she had some pretty curly maple, I think it was, but I think her supplier ran out or it became not cost effective?

There's at least one really delightful curly maple and zebrawood moon in her sold items -- I mean, there are several, but... aha, this. I would favorite it, if you could do that after something's already sold: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/47524289 The maple is lovely and the zebrawood is so striking; this is more to my taste than the neat parallel stripes in some of the others.

Possibly 4" is too big for me, but wow.

rowie
September 15th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Nooo -- she had some pretty curly maple, I think it was, but I think her supplier ran out or it became not cost effective?

There's at least one really delightful curly maple and zebrawood moon in her sold items -- I mean, there are several, but... aha, this. I would favorite it, if you could do that after something's already sold: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/47524289 The maple is lovely and the zebrawood is so striking; this is more to my taste than the neat parallel stripes in some of the others.

Wow, really...Glad I was able to snag a curly maple/ Zebrawood combo. Now my moon feels even more valuable! This wold break Wildcat Diva's heart. Awwwww:(

Wildcat Diva
September 15th, 2012, 06:53 AM
I'll have to just love it from afar, won't I? Maybe there will be a beautiful curly maple or holly moon in my future, who knows what tomorrow will bring?

As long as I have all my hairtoy buddies to share action shots and unboxings, I will be all right.

ETA:
Oh, that and the four moons in my collection already. Those are important to mention. How could I forget those?

afu
September 15th, 2012, 08:17 AM
I am maybe considering parting with my moon or my squiggly to fund my next GTS (I love them but they don't get enough use), my moon is 3" though

rowie
September 15th, 2012, 08:29 AM
What kind is it?

ETA: meishkamooshka you can have first dibs if you are interested. But I think Afu might try to hold on to it for now...

Irish Fae
September 16th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I may also be willing to part with my 3" moon, made of canarywood. It is lovely. Definitely PM me if you are interested and I can send photos. :-)

afu
September 16th, 2012, 11:08 AM
rowie is right, i have decided to hold onto mine for now since my squiggly sold instead, good luck on your hunt though, I really think with your hair you should be going for something at least 4" though

Wildcat Diva
September 16th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Three inch is perfect for me, I bet. Also FYI it is not hard to find anyone's moon listing in ETSY in the RavensCroft store, instead of just trying to get a pic. Just browse the sold items, there are only about 300 listed by date purchased. Almost easier than browsing for a picture in my IPhone (1200 pics).

meishkamooshka
September 16th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Ya you pretty much have to stalk either the swap board or her etsy shop. :)

Haha. I hope I stumble upon one at some point!

Oh my gosh, that's gorgeous! Who am I kidding? They all are!

Wow, really...Glad I was able to snag a curly maple/ Zebrawood combo. Now my moon feels even more valuable! This wold break Wildcat Diva's heart. Awwwww:(

Haha. Yes! Cherish it! Some of us are without beautiful moons! ;)

I am maybe considering parting with my moon or my squiggly to fund my next GTS (I love them but they don't get enough use), my moon is 3" though

Unforunately, I think 3" is too small, but thank you for even considering my post. I appreciate it!

What kind is it?

ETA: meishkamooshka you can have first dibs if you are interested. But I think Afu might try to hold on to it for now...

You're so sweet. Thank you.

I may also be willing to part with my 3" moon, made of canarywood. It is lovely. Definitely PM me if you are interested and I can send photos. :-)

Sadly, I think the canarywood would get lost in my hair color. I kind of want one that pops out against my hair. Also, I think that might be too small. Thank you very much for considering me, however .

rowie is right, i have decided to hold onto mine for now since my squiggly sold instead, good luck on your hunt though, I really think with your hair you should be going for something at least 4" though

Thank you, afu! I agree about the 4".

Three inch is perfect for me, I bet. Also FYI it is not hard to find anyone's moon listing in ETSY in the RavensCroft store, instead of just trying to get a pic. Just browse the sold items, there are only about 300 listed by date purchased. Almost easier than browsing for a picture in my IPhone (1200 pics).

Thanks for that heads up! Now I can finally see all the different colors!

Wildcat Diva
September 16th, 2012, 11:15 PM
You are so welcome. My friends on here make fun of me for always stalking swap, but I have scored two moons that way, which is saying something because they don't come up too often. Networking can pay off as well, as I have done... which has helped me out with the other three that will be coming to me soon (My ETSY purchase tracking reveals it's in California now). (The only reason I found out that Shirl had listed more was due to talking to my LHC friends.) But if you facebook (I don't) and like her page or whatever, there's some notification thingy.

I really wish my ETSY Iphone app could be set to notify me when she lists new items. It will beep at me every time there is a new convo on there... or if something got shipped. but it can't beep to notify me of new listings on one of my favorite sellers? Sheesh.

Have you subscribed to the RavensCroft thread? That might be of some help.

meishkamooshka
September 19th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I've pretty much started stalking it, too, now Wildcat! I just liked her facebook.

Had no idea there was a thread, either. Thank you so much for all of your info!!!

PolarCathy
September 19th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I've pretty much started stalking it, too, now Wildcat! I just liked her facebook.

Had no idea there was a thread, either. Thank you so much for all of your info!!!

What's her FB anyway, it didn't pop up in the top results when I searched and I didn't investigate it any further...

meishkamooshka
September 19th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I hope that works... (https://www.facebook.com/pages/RavensCroft-Moons-and-Specialty-Hair-Accessories/111573985559391)

PolarCathy
September 19th, 2012, 11:39 PM
I hope that works... (https://www.facebook.com/pages/RavensCroft-Moons-and-Specialty-Hair-Accessories/111573985559391)

Thanks!-----------

Ocelan
September 21st, 2012, 02:29 PM
I've been trying to stalk for a moon aswell, but no luck yet and I'm not actually sure which size I should get, 3 or 4 inch one. Can any of you say what kind of hair is good for a 3 incher, lenght and thickness wise?

PolarCathy
September 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM
I've been trying to stalk for a moon aswell, but no luck yet and I'm not actually sure which size I should get, 3 or 4 inch one. Can any of you say what kind of hair is good for a 3 incher, lenght and thickness wise?

Based on your braids that I've seen and length, 4" for you :) IMO

Ocelan
September 21st, 2012, 02:48 PM
Based on your braids that I've seen and length, 4" for you :) IMO

Ok thanks :) I'm not quite iii with my 8,5 - 9 cm thickness but I do plan growing longer so I guess I would fast be growing out a 3" even if I managed to use one for a while. So I guess 4" is what I'll be trying to get aswell, one day. Trying not to snatch the one Meishka is hunting though :P

meishkamooshka
September 21st, 2012, 03:35 PM
Haha, well, I missed another one today. It was a light color, however, and not necessarily something I would have JUMPED at. It probably would've looked AMAZING contrasted with your hair, though!

Wildcat Diva
September 21st, 2012, 07:50 PM
Which one did you miss? I saw someone bump an older swap thread today, and I got excited cause I thought it was a new thread. But then I noticed the moon was gone... And THEN I noticed that that moon in question had already been sold, and I HAD BOUGHT IT a few weeks ago!

meishkamooshka
September 21st, 2012, 08:15 PM
Which one did you miss? I saw someone bump an older swap thread today, and I got excited cause I thought it was a new thread. But then I noticed the moon was gone... And THEN I noticed that that moon in question had already been sold, and I HAD BOUGHT IT a few weeks ago!

^ That must have been it! Haha.