PDA

View Full Version : 1,5 year after pixie, shoulder now??? Pic heavy!

oktobergoud
September 14th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Hello! I hardly make threads so now I have a huge one, including a few questions!

First of all, in 2 weeks it's been 1,5 year since I last cut my hair into a pixie. I have been babying it ever since! I have also trimmed it a lot, thanks to bleach damage and mullets! I now have grown out a-line bob and am wondering if I should call it shoulder length already? My hair is slightly wavy so it curls up at the ends...

I have also typed myself as 1c, what do you think, is that still correct? I do NOT have clarified my hair and brushed it twice already today :P But sometimes I'm thinking it might be 1b... but I guess you can't really say that on these pictures.

Anyways, here are some pictures ^__^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/P9142378a.jpg

(excuse my herpyderp face)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/shoulderyet2.jpg

When I pull my hair on the front it reaches collarbone!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/P9142390a.jpg

The back is still shorter.. but it curls up here. I took a picture yesterday and it was longer, I swear!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/P9142391a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/P9142398a.jpg

What do you think? Can I call it shoulder-length yet? The ends are a bit fuzzy but not dry or split :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/lj2.jpg

The old pixie..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/IMG_5168a.jpg

My ultimate goal is a successful crown braid! Meanwhile I'm practicing!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=34389&dateline=1336775060&type=profile

pes3108
September 14th, 2012, 11:06 AM
It looks great, and your color is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love it!

RubyTuesday
September 14th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Wow!!! Oktobergoud that is fantastic. What a transformation. As a fellow grower-outer, I am massively encouraged and motivated by this. I would say yes, you can definitely say you are at shoulder length.

How on earth do you manage to do those braids on your hair? Love them.

Mischamiu
September 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Wow that is great progress, your hair has grown quite a bit :D Love the colour too, hope you'll reach your goal :blossom:

oktobergoud
September 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM
It looks great, and your color is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love it!

Thanks! That's some good old henna :D

Wow!!! Oktobergoud that is fantastic. What a transformation. As a fellow grower-outer, I am massively encouraged and motivated by this. I would say yes, you can definitely say you are at shoulder length.

How on earth do you manage to do those braids on your hair? Love them.

Thank you! I'm glad to be some sort of inspiration :D I remember how tough it was to grow out a pixie, but you WILL get there! :)

I just braided my hair from the very beginning, first the bangs and then the sides.. etc. etc. First I could only Dutch braid, then also French.. you just have to practice a lot! :) I have to say though that one of the reasons I grew out my hair was so I could braid it. I just love braids!

MrsGuther
September 14th, 2012, 11:20 AM
You've made great progress! Your hair color is stunningly beautiful btw! :) and I definitely think you could call your hair shoulder length, for sure.

ptricia
September 14th, 2012, 11:20 AM
You may call it shoulder length. I love this look on you and the braids as well. The color and style now give you a very feminine and romantic appearance. I think the old pixie cut looks harsh on you.

spidermom
September 14th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Wow; your hair has grown out nicely, it's very pretty, and I think you can call it shoulder-length. Collarbone length; full speed ahead!

Ticky
September 14th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Everything has been said already :D! Shoulder for sure, if not past it. You've got some great growth there! Don't even get me started on the color... So beautiful, I like how henna looks different depending on the light. I am so tempted whenever I see someone with hennaed hair :laugh:

Bambi
September 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Lovely color! Really makes your beautiful eyes pop!

Lize
September 14th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Great progress! It looks good. :)

oktobergoud
September 14th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys!! :D I'll have to edit my siggy! :)

And my hair used to be brighter, but 1,5 month ago I ombre-dyed it, so made the top darker.. and hasn't really faded since :( I have also used a chemically red dye (so it's more red than copper, but on the pictures it looks really copper again), but I hope that it will all fade bit so I make it fiery copper again :)

missketi
September 14th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Your hair has grown nicely. Also your hair colour is beautiful and it's great because it bring out your gorgeus eyes.:)

geeorgie
September 14th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Looks gorgeous! Love the colour too, definitely say you're at shoulder now :D

BrightEyes
September 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I would definitely say you are at shoulder length:D Your hair is so pretty, I love the soft waves and color.

cooklaezo13
September 14th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Your hair looks so beautiful!! Also your hair texture looks a lot like mine when it has been brushed. Although it's impossible to know without proper hair-typing pictures, I would say you might actually be a 2a.

melusine963
September 14th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Your hair looks amazing! I've heard such horror stories of people trying to grow out pixies. I'm glad you're having good results.

auroraclio
September 14th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Looks fab, i love the colour!!!

raingirl
September 14th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I love your hair and your braids! It's so thick and I love the colour!

oktobergoud
September 14th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Wow; your hair has grown out nicely, it's very pretty, and I think you can call it shoulder-length. Collarbone length; full speed ahead!

Thanks! I sure hope so :D

Everything has been said already :D! Shoulder for sure, if not past it. You've got some great growth there! Don't even get me started on the color... So beautiful, I like how henna looks different depending on the light. I am so tempted whenever I see someone with hennaed hair :laugh:

Thanks, I love henna as well! What do you mean by tempted? Your hair colour looks like a gorgeous henna as well, or is it natural?

Lovely color! Really makes your beautiful eyes pop!

Thank you!

Your hair has grown nicely. Also your hair colour is beautiful and it's great because it bring out your gorgeus eyes.:)

Your hair looks amazing! I've heard such horror stories of people trying to grow out pixies. I'm glad you're having good results.

Thank you, yeah it sure was a horror story! I'm glad the worst part is over :P

Your hair looks so beautiful!! Also your hair texture looks a lot like mine when it has been brushed. Although it's impossible to know without proper hair-typing pictures, I would say you might actually be a 2a.

Thanks :) My hair is just so weird, sometimes it's really straight and sometimes really wavy, I have no idea what it wants o_O

I would definitely say you are at shoulder length:D Your hair is so pretty, I love the soft waves and color.

I love your hair and your braids! It's so thick and I love the colour!

Thank you! My hair isn't that thick, only at the back. But nice to hear though :D

I probably forgot a few.. trying out multiquoting for the first time hehe! But thanks anyone!!

Henrietta
September 14th, 2012, 01:35 PM
What a lovely colour! :)
That's shoulder length for sure.
And you're already good at crown braiding! :)

theodora
September 14th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Woot woot well done on reaching shoulder length! I always love seeing your photos, you've got some amazing self-portraits! I thought the pixie cut looked cute on you, as well as the different bobs you've had. Lucky you, you suit lots of different cuts and colours I think. Looking forward to watching your hair grow and more gorgeous pics!

Charybdis
September 14th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I think you're a 2a, although it'll be hard to be sure until you have some more length. Congrats on your growth! You look great. :)

owlathena
September 14th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Your hair is beautiful and you've made great progress! I love love your color!

jacqueline101
September 14th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Your hair is nice and its collar bone or shoulder length.

CurlyCurves
September 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Stunning. The longer hair really suits you, and the colour is gorgeous. Your eyes are also really beautiful :)

pink.sara
September 14th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Really pretty! Definitely shoulder too :)

I seem to remember your goal was a bob? Or quite short. Where do you think you will grow to now? :)

oktobergoud
September 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Thank you so much guys!! :D :flower:

oktobergoud
September 14th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Really pretty! Definitely shoulder too :)

I seem to remember your goal was a bob? Or quite short. Where do you think you will grow to now? :)

That's true! My goal used to be chin length or something, but somehow I got infected with the LHC virus :P I have no idea how long I want it now! My goal for now is APL, BSL might be the longest I would want.. ever. And I'm not sure if I'll ever reach that. For now I'll just grow it till I'm sick of it :)

lapushka
September 14th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Wow, that's such amazing progress! I'd say yes, you're definitely shoulder length. It only gets better from here. Happy growing! :)

Lostsoule77
September 14th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I'll agree with everyone that you are at SL. :) Whatever length you are at though you are stunning! The color of your hair (who cares how it got that color) mixed with your eye color makes me stop for a second everytime I see one of your pics. :D

vanillabones
September 14th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Yay your hair has come so far, congrats on getting it so long now, I love your red hair and it looks soooo thick from the back of your head wow.

rowie
September 14th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Congrats for hitting shoulder.:blossom: I wish I got to know you just when I was leaving the super shorties thread exactly the time frame you posted. Wow has it been that long. Anyhow, I hope you'll enjoy the shoulder to apl thread. I know that was one of my favorite threads ever! Good luck!

oktobergoud
September 15th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Wow, that's such amazing progress! I'd say yes, you're definitely shoulder length. It only gets better from here. Happy growing! :)

Thank you! I sure hope so :)

I'll agree with everyone that you are at SL. :) Whatever length you are at though you are stunning! The color of your hair (who cares how it got that color) mixed with your eye color makes me stop for a second everytime I see one of your pics. :D

Woah, thanks! :flower: I'm flattered!

Yay your hair has come so far, congrats on getting it so long now, I love your red hair and it looks soooo thick from the back of your head wow.

Thanks! Yeah my hair is a lot thicker at the back, thank god!

Congrats for hitting shoulder.:blossom: I wish I got to know you just when I was leaving the super shorties thread exactly the time frame you posted. Wow has it been that long. Anyhow, I hope you'll enjoy the shoulder to apl thread. I know that was one of my favorite threads ever! Good luck!

Was it you that created the thread? I seem to remember something like that.. If so, THANK YOU! Ha I love that thread, it really helped me! If it wasn't for this board (and that thread) I'd have cut it a thousand times already by now.

Edit: Oh wait, I see you joined in 2011.. so you didn't create that thread haha my bad! :P But still, thank you!

jojo
September 15th, 2012, 02:22 AM
You most certainly are shoulder length, how quick your pretty hair has grown. I love the colour too, it's so pretty as are you.

CurlyCap
September 15th, 2012, 02:24 AM
I just wanted to say that I'm always so happy when you post. Your braids are beautiful and very inspiring to someone like me who has trouble with crown braids.

And the composition of your pictures is always so pretty. :crush:

I'd call your hair shoulder length. And as curly, I totally give people their length stretched!

KittyBird
September 15th, 2012, 03:09 AM
I'd say you're definitely shoulder length, soon collarbone. Your hair colour is gorgeous and you've had some great growth :blossom:

joflakes
September 15th, 2012, 03:13 AM
I love it and it's definitely SL. Well done!

Colourful
September 15th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Amazing eyes. You and your hair look beautiful. Congratulations! :)

neko_kawaii
September 15th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Your color is gorgeous and you do such amazing braids with the length you have. I can't wait to see what you do as it continues to get longer!

browneyedsusan
September 15th, 2012, 07:25 AM
It looks fabulous, but you know how much I love your hair!

I wanted you to know how much I appreciate your lovely encouragement with braiding. I can't always get it on the first try, but I can get it. I wear your ear-to-ear crown braid to church every Sunday! (Lots of pins on the scraggley ends, but it's up and it stays.):)

xoxophelia
September 15th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Congrats on the milestone :)

You are now entering updo/hairtoy territory.. beware :P

bunzfan
September 15th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Your hair continues to look fantastic and i'm sure what ever length you go for in the future will look good on you. Good luck.

Mayflower
September 15th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Wow your hair has grown a LOT, congrats! It looks lovely and I adore your colour.:applause

oktobergoud
September 15th, 2012, 10:50 AM

I wanted you to know how much I appreciate your lovely encouragement with braiding. I can't always get it on the first try, but I can get it. I wear your ear-to-ear crown braid to church every Sunday! (Lots of pins on the scraggley ends, but it's up and it stays.):)

Aaah really? That is so great to hear! :D I want to see pics! ;)

Congrats on the milestone :)

You are now entering updo/hairtoy territory.. beware :P

Thanks! Hehe funny thing is that I bought tons of hairtoys/clips when my hair was still shorter. Now I haven't bought one for ages.. maybe it will come again :P

Your hair continues to look fantastic and i'm sure what ever length you go for in the future will look good on you. Good luck.

Thank you! Hopefully it'll be as long as yours one day :)

Wow your hair has grown a LOT, congrats! It looks lovely and I adore your colour.:applause

Thank you :D

Indigostreams
September 15th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Your hair color goes so well with your crystal blue eyes. And it looks very healthy and shiny too. :) My hair is just a little bit shorter than yours, so I look forward to seeing your hair grow, cause I'm with ya!

KrissyKitty
September 15th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Your hair looks so beautiful! In my opinion, the longer hair is much more flattering to your face than the pixie. Here's to reaching APL!!!

AutumnLocks
September 15th, 2012, 01:46 PM
You have beautiful hair! I have paid lots of money in the past to have my hair that color....lol I can't wait to see what it's going to look like when it gets to BSL and even longer. As someone else said....Full speed ahead!!

oktobergoud
September 16th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Thanks guys :D Can't wait either!! ^___^

Accalia
September 16th, 2012, 04:50 AM
It looks beautiful! The color and your braids are... :agape:
And yes I think you're at shoulder length! Congrats! :D

Yosha
September 16th, 2012, 09:48 AM
You've made such wonderful progress! I love your braids, I was so surprised you could already do those at that length, and they look very romantic. Your hair looks very thick and healthy, and the color is beautiful on you :applause

arielįgua
September 16th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Wow! Your hair is so beautiful! And the color is... stunning!
I think you did an amazing progress and you have such gorgeous eyes, the shape and the color!

Oh by the way, I think your hair is going to get wavier as it grows more, because very long ago I cut my hair to shoulder length and it was just like yours, and now I'm almost at MLB and I'm a 2a. But I'm not sure, everybody's hair evolves differently. xD

Knotted
September 16th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Your hair is so pretty, I love your braids! And you have the most beautiful eyes!

rosance
September 16th, 2012, 11:15 PM
You have beautiful hair and the combination of your eyes is just amazing

jojo
September 16th, 2012, 11:30 PM

Bit of a hijack here, but your hair is gorwing along nicely too:applause

oktobergoud
September 17th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Bit of a hijack here, but your hair is gorwing along nicely too:applause

We supershorties are awesome :D (not saying you non-supershorties aren't, of course! Let this just be a supershortie celebration thread :P) Your hair sure does look lovely browneyedsusan :D

& Again.. thanks guys, woah :flower:

Arachnid
September 20th, 2012, 04:52 AM
:D your hair is stunning oktobergoud!!!! this thread gives me confidence that my hair will grow out eventually!!

p.s i love the pic of you in the snow in your sig :)

sazzie88
September 20th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Hello! I hardly make threads so now I have a huge one, including a few questions!

First of all, in 2 weeks it's been 1,5 year since I last cut my hair into a pixie. I have been babying it ever since! I have also trimmed it a lot, thanks to bleach damage and mullets! I now have grown out a-line bob and am wondering if I should call it shoulder length already? My hair is slightly wavy so it curls up at the ends...

I have also typed myself as 1c, what do you think, is that still correct? I do NOT have clarified my hair and brushed it twice already today :P But sometimes I'm thinking it might be 1b... but I guess you can't really say that on these pictures.

Anyways, here are some pictures ^__^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/P9142378a.jpg

(excuse my herpyderp face)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/shoulderyet2.jpg

When I pull my hair on the front it reaches collarbone!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/P9142390a.jpg

The back is still shorter.. but it curls up here. I took a picture yesterday and it was longer, I swear!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/P9142391a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/P9142398a.jpg

What do you think? Can I call it shoulder-length yet? The ends are a bit fuzzy but not dry or split :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/lj2.jpg

The old pixie..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/IMG_5168a.jpg

My ultimate goal is a successful crown braid! Meanwhile I'm practicing!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=34389&dateline=1336775060&type=profile
That large crown braid is so pretty. How do you get it so thick? Mine always look so thin

Risha
September 20th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I love the colour!

whiteorchid
September 20th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Your hair's gorgeous; love the color! It looks shoulder-length to me. :)

rosance
September 20th, 2012, 12:58 PM
That large crown braid is so pretty. How do you get it so thick? Mine always look so thin
I also used to always get the thin crown braid until I changed to dutch braiding instead of english braiding. AND, the most important thing to do, in my opinion, is turning it into a pancake braid. Like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gQsa5Nd-c). Forward to 5:22 if you do not care about the making of the dutch braid and just want to see how to make it into a pancake braid for thickness. I love my crown braids now :cool:

oktobergoud
September 21st, 2012, 02:28 AM
:D your hair is stunning oktobergoud!!!! this thread gives me confidence that my hair will grow out eventually!!

p.s i love the pic of you in the snow in your sig :)

Thanks! It will, there's hope for all of us! ;)

Mm I have no idea? But as someone suggested: dutch braiding helps!

I love the colour!

Your hair's gorgeous; love the color! It looks shoulder-length to me. :)

Thank you!

I also used to always get the thin crown braid until I changed to dutch braiding instead of english braiding. AND, the most important thing to do, in my opinion, is turning it into a pancake braid. Like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gQsa5Nd-c). Forward to 5:22 if you do not care about the making of the dutch braid and just want to see how to make it into a pancake braid for thickness. I love my crown braids now :cool:

Dutch braiding does look a lot thicker! I don't ehrrr 'pancake' it though LOL. That sounds so cute: a pancake braid :D When my hair is longer I sure have to try it!