PDA

View Full Version : Blog Comments

AutumnLeaves
March 16th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I have my blog set to allow comments and I am personally able to comment on the blog...however, I have been pm'd several times that others cannot comment on the blog. Can any of you reset this for me? Thank you!:)

Jennifer
March 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I just commented.

See if someone else can comment now.

talullah
March 16th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I can't comment. I can't see the "post comment" box anywhere. :confused:

Flaxen
March 16th, 2008, 03:54 PM
If there's still a problem:
Your main blog setting allows comments, but your Permissions and Privacy settings do not. Go to your blog control panel, scroll down to Permissions and Privacy, and check the boxes for those you want to allow to leave comments.

Jennifer
March 16th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Hmmm...I sometimes have a slightly different view since I have admin/mod powers. I clicked on comments and then there was a comment box below. That's how I usually comment.

So, no one else can do that one her blog? I just checked and I don't see a comment spot prior to clicking comments on anyone's blog.

Jennifer
March 16th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Thank you, Flaxen! :flowers: Much more help than I was offering! :lol:

AutumnLeaves
March 16th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Thank you Jennifer and Flaxen. I fixed it thanks to Flaxen's hint. I don't know how many times I've gone into that and thought it was all ok! Tallulah, I think you can comment now!

Jennifer
March 16th, 2008, 04:25 PM
:cheer: Hurray! I'm so glad it's resolved. :D

Carolyn
March 16th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Yay! I've wanted to leave a comment to a couple of your entries and I couldn't. I thought you had it set to no comments. Now I can leave comments. BTW I just love the comment feature :)

Shermie Girl
March 16th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Yay! I've wanted to leave a comment to a couple of your entries and I couldn't. I thought you had it set to no comments. Now I can leave comments. BTW I just love the comment feature :)

So do I! I no longer have to try to remember who wrote what or keep lists and then try to get everything I wanted to say to everyone into my journal shout-outs. Now, I can leave word as I read journals, while thoughts are fresh in my mind. And, I like that we can respond to comments. It is like having mini-convos. Fun. :)