PDA

View Full Version : Big regret chop

Xan
September 13th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Anyone ever chop quite a bit of hair off and regret it big time. I was at 44" now at 32" what was I thinking. It does look nicer but I wish I didn't go so much. I do want super long It was practically classic so sad any thoughts?

akilina
September 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I am sorry to hear! It is hard to get over but since you say it does look nicer then consider it worth it and just a little stop on the journey.

Last summer I chopped off about 7 inches or more and really regretted it but I was very happy to have healthier hair for once. It was a totally clean slate and a fresh start.

jacqueline101
September 13th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I'm sorry you regret your big chop. Looking back in hind sight the healthy hair could be its own reward.

LisaButz2001
September 13th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I did a big chop last Saturday, somewhere between 10-12 inches. No regrets. It's thicker, silkier, quicker to blow dry and looks nicer down or in a ponytail. I hated being able to sit on it. I'm going to keep it at waist going forward. Everyone is different though. Focus on the positives-styles you can do now, that didn't work at the original length or being able to use hair toys you had to retire as it got longer/heavier.

long&blonde
September 13th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I have to say I regret all encounters I have with scissors.
But, its Autumn, suddenly face framing layers and or long bangs tempt me:both of which
Would be plastered to my face soaking wet with sweat most of the time.
The rest of the time they'd be blowing in whatever I was eating/drinking/mouth.
I totally relate.
I still regret the 4? 5? 3? Whatever it was inchs I let a stylist take off 5/2012. I am at waist;but I so miss my hair covering my tatoo on my back. Nice ends don't mean half as much to me as length.
The thankfully,one tiny side fringe I let the stylist snip who does my color; I am crazy.
I've done nothing but manage to slick it back into my bun or ponytail since.
I counted months;have told myself look in the mirror again in a year;5/2013.
I don't think haircuts that you pay stylists for are supposed to feel like this.

LaurelSpring
September 13th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I agree with long&blonde. I have eventually regretted the cuts. At the time I thought I wanted it and for a few weeks even I might have enjoyed something different but always in the end I regret it and want my length back. I was at tb, my longest ever in the spring, and had some sort of crazy funk and cut it to just below bsl with layers. A couple of weeks later I was so sad! Now Im back on the growing track. I need to imprint this feeling in my brain so I wont be tempted again.

SerinaDaith
September 13th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I am done with short hair. My last chop was traumatic. I was under the delusion that my layers looked mullet like so I chopped to my chin from about APL, I have been growing a pixie out for about two and a half years and I am only at shoulder now because of bad hair advice. I am finally able to do some really basic updos as of this month but every time I have to fight with a wayward strand of hair it reminds me that I don't have these problems when my hair is long enough to really keep back! Ugh the number of times I have hit BSL and chopped because I didn't think I could do anything with it. Oh well live and learn I guess.

Deborah
September 13th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I have done cuts of 12 inches like you did, but I never regretted them at all. Usually the weight of the hair was annoying me, and I just needed to cut back. It always looks great after a cut, and feels light and free. Try to enjoy your healthier ends, and remember that it will grow back. :)

katfemme89
September 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM
That's the great thing about hair--it keeps growing :D Don't worry, it will grow back. Maybe take some hair skin & nail vitamins to optimize your growth. And I'm sure if you had any dead ends your hair looks and feels so much nicer now :D Don't be down.

The only haircut that really sucked for me was when I went to the walmart salon and asked for layers and the woman seemed confused about what I meant. I was like uhh I don't really know how to explain layers other than... LAYERS lol. So she just takes chunks of my hair and cuts them blunt, shorter than the rest. It was HORRIBLE. It looked like my head got in a fight with a weedeater. But my mom took me to her hairdresser the next day and it was fixed :)

spidermom
September 13th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I don't usually regret cutting my hair, although I've been so aggressive about cutting back to get rid of split ends that I have been about the same length for 3-4 years. AND I still have split ends, so I accomplished absolutely nothing. I do regret that.

Soulina
September 13th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I allways hate cutting my hair, but some times it a must. I regret it everytime. But ends needs trimming sometimes. But lenght just means so much to me.

elea
September 13th, 2012, 11:40 PM
don't regret: it grows back... healthier as you know better *:O)

ClassicalBlonde
September 13th, 2012, 11:47 PM
I always regret cutting my hair. I had BSL hair a few years back and cut it to a bob. I absolutely hated it and I'm still trying to get the length back as I seem to periodically whack it all off again when I get to a certain length. Not this time!

I hope your hair grows back quickly. As the others have said, now that it's all healthy the cut might not seem so bad. Now you can start fresh :)

Tota
September 14th, 2012, 12:29 AM
12 inches?!? That's half of my length! I always regreted anything but cutting off just split ends but it took me a long time to stop doing it.

Avital88
September 14th, 2012, 01:05 AM
i went this year from 39.5 to 35 inches, grew back to 38 and then cut back to 30.
Quite a lot but my hair is fried by bleach so i need to chop all of the damage eventually.. just cant handle to cut more at this moment,its a pain when i see girls outside with long hair, but other i dont really care it still is long for normal society
I just hope it will be back at 38 inches next summer..luckily i grow over an inch a month else it would be a different story

bratz81
September 14th, 2012, 01:22 AM
I cut once from classic length to a pixie and boy did I regret it!! I'd never had short hair and fancied a change.

On the bright side though your hair will grow back, and I'm sure it looks healthy and shiny right now :)

kitcatsmeow
September 14th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Yeah I could not do a big chop again unless I had a darn good reason! It's taken me a year to grow it back and now I'm finally making progresses past the original starting point. I have layers to get rid of, at least 5 inches but I'll do that 1/2-1 inch at a time. I'm already starting to question if I want to even do a trim this year. I don't have any split ends and my hem is pretty even so I may just let it grow another year.

Your hair will grow back, and probably better and fuller so look at the positives!

Madora
September 14th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I cut from 47 inches to just grazing shoulder. I hated to do it but I was having medical issues and had to.

vamq
September 14th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I cut from almost tailbone length back to slightly above waist last year. I had to because I was having a terrible stress related shed that wasn't going to stop any time soon.

I hate it. My hair still hasn't gained much length, because I keep getting sheds and keep cutting back...

embee
September 14th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I chopped off 8 inches right before I found LHC. Kept hoping I'd figure out what to do, how to wear my hair... needed updo advice. Thought shorter might be better. Wrong.

No trims or cuts now since 2005!

melusine963
September 14th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I've only ever trimmed my hair once a year. Before I learned to take care of it properly, this meant trimming off so much damage that I would get rid of at least half my year's growth each time. Even though my hair needed it, it still came as a bit of a shock each time, and it took me a good few weeks to get used to the shorter length. Hopefully you'll get used to yours before long, and feel a renewed motivation to get to classic.

Xan
September 14th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I feel a little better now and my hemline is a nice U shape and much healthier also it will grow back.

dulce
September 14th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I cut from hip to waist and regret it and am growing back now,luckily it seems to be growing fast.

hermosamendoza
September 14th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I have many regret chops. The biggest is cutting my hair all off after having a baby. I didn't realize it was lack of iron that was causing my hair loss. Now I know better.
Even when I get a trim I have a twinge of guilt but in the long run my hair looks better for the trims