PDA

View Full Version : Terminal length teen sells her hair to help her poor family

HylianGirl
September 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Hello there!

I have once posted a video similar to this one, but this one touched me. It is a Brazilian show, and it is in Portuguese, no subtitles, but for who want to watch it, here's the link:

<Moderation: Link removed>

And now I wll describe it for those of you who can't understand it ^-^

Natasha is a teenager know as the "Rapunzel of Vidigal" (name of the area she lives) who lives in a poor area of Rio de Janeiro, she had never cut her hair before (except for her fringe), and it is ankle length. However, her family is trying to afford a house to live, and she decides to sell her hair to help. Many people got moved by what she did and she received a donation of 6,000 reais (around 3K US dollars), but that still wasn't enough to help her family get a house, and so she sold her hair for 3 thousand reais (roughly 1,500 US dollars). She cried while doing it, but her mom said that no one was forcing her, it was her decision, and the stylist who bought her hair decided to let Natasha keep a few strands of her long hair as way to remember since, she was so attatched to her hair. Her father even cries when he sees Natasha with shoulder length hair, and the people who knew her before (people arround the area she lives know her) congratulate her on her courage and told her she's beautiful no matter what. At the end, she allows herself to go to the beach to dive at the sea, something she didn't do before in order to protect her hair.

OhioLisa
September 13th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Hair cutting vids are not allowed. See HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4005).

DreadfulWoman
September 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM
There was a thread about this girl a while back, here (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92733). It's kind of nice to see the non-Daily Mail version of the story.

HylianGirl
September 13th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Apologies, I did not know that, and I wasn't trying to bash or anything, I just got impressed by her act. Any moderator feel free to delete/close/lock/ whatever this thread, sorry again

LoveAngelBeauty
September 13th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I think her hair cut is absolutely adorable :D

spidermom
September 13th, 2012, 06:18 PM
And hair is a renewable resource!

PF Graham
September 13th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I'm sorry but I can't even watch videos like that - regardless of outcome or need - I wish you hadn't posted it here.

Fairlight63
September 13th, 2012, 07:06 PM
She is so beautiful even with her hair cut shorter. She is so young - if she lets it grow it will be real long again in just a few years.

I am so jealous of her thick hair - they could have cut off all of my hair with one little snip. All of my hair is like one little part of hers.

theemeraldskull
September 13th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Very sad that she had to go to such an extreme for her family, but incredibly beautiful to witness as well! That's sacrificial love, for sure. :-)

HairFaerie
September 13th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I think this was a touching video (even though I couldn't understand what they were saying, I could still tell what the story was about).
At least they didn't cut it super short. It seemed between APL & BSL even after the cut. That is long for me! Hahahahaha!
The good news is....she got the money for her parents AND she can grow her hair back! Win-win!
I think it looked very nice after the cut. Very thick, healthy and shiny!

hermosamendoza
September 13th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I haven't watched the video but instead of locking or deleting the post may I suggest you edit your original post and remove the link to the video. That way you wouldn't be breaking any rules.
But it sounds like a touching story. that's so sad she had to go to such an extreme to save her family

MrsGuther
September 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM
:( I wish I hadn't watched that!

gthlvrmx
September 13th, 2012, 09:05 PM
that was too much for me to watch, thats heartbreaking but very brave of her. shes a good person to try and help her family :) but it was too much to watch through, i felt like crying.

melusine963
September 14th, 2012, 01:34 PM
And hair is a renewable resource!

I may need to borrow that phrase. :)