PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite length?

jen5972
September 13th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I just hit tailbone after several years of being shorter. I have been at classic length, and also at thigh length. I'm trying to figure out which length I prefer. I liked being waist length because I could wear it down more without it getting in the way. I am wearing it up a lot more since tailbone :(. So which length do you all prefer and why??

Sarahlabyrinth
September 13th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I know I will like waist when I get there, I haven't ever had hair longer than waist, but am curious to see if I will like it longer....

mzBANGBANG
September 13th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I love my length now. I am MBL and I finally feel like my hair looks pretty! The only reason I want to grow longer is to do more intricate updos. I never thought I'd be happy with hair "this short" (lol) but I think I finally am.

jojo
September 13th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I am the longest I've ever been as an adult so I can't comment on how easy longer lengths have been, but my favorite milestone was probably apl, my hair was much more wurly and cooperative at this length. visually I love the look of classic length hair and would love my hair to grow to this length, if I can cope with it at that length is another matter, but I've at least 3 years until I fond outs I'm only near hip!

spirals
September 13th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I've never been past midback, but my favorite length to see is tailbone, tailbone, tailbone. (I can't say it enough.)

Deborah
September 13th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I like anywhere from waist to tailbone best. I think the hair is really pretty at those lengths, and still easy to handle.

cwarren
September 13th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I haven't been MBL in a long time but I liked it! But I think I will like hip length. Fuller buns for better updos :)

Aliped
September 13th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I trimmed back to waist from tailbone and definitely prefer waist - it just looks better on me - I didn't like TB. Also I like trimming, so will be staying at WL for a while...

SilverDoe
September 13th, 2012, 10:46 PM
My longest was waist, and that was as a child so I do't actually know yet.
I do love the look of tailbone, but I think solid hip might be a bit more practical as I like to wear it down.

gthlvrmx
September 13th, 2012, 11:15 PM
dragging behind you on the floor. knee looks pretty too, but id prefer something a bit more longer :) knee on down is the best :)

elea
September 13th, 2012, 11:37 PM
i like it above the waist for convenience. i kept it around there for years.
but i randomly got curious to see where it can go.
i just chopped it from just below waist to just above because the ends were not going to recover.
i have got to start being careful about it if i want it healthy at waist (and maybe past if it gets there). i would like to see if i can get and maintain that.
...but i'm quite glade i have a few month of my cosy length until i find bits trapped in my skirt band again.

i really liked it very very short too, feathered like my fringe is and sometimes i am soooo tempted... but i would miss having a bun smiling at people as i walk away.
too rare long hair nowdays and too many forgotten knotted ways.
nice to find you lot.

TheMechaGinger
September 13th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Well I've never been past waist but my favorite length to see on other people is tailbone so I think I might really enjoy that length when I get there too

katfemme89
September 14th, 2012, 12:18 AM
dragging behind you on the floor. knee looks pretty too, but id prefer something a bit more longer :) knee on down is the best :)

I agree. The longest mine has been was hip, and I have found that the longer my hair was, the less it got in my way. The layers that I have now are the only part of my hair that gets in the way and cause me to wear it up more than I normally would. I like the way they look but at the same time I want to grow them out. I dunno.

But yeah, I think ankle length looks best :)

Suguru
September 14th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Of the lengths I have experienced, I think TBL has the "best of both worlds" in that it's short enough to wear down without sitting on it but it's long enough to do most updos. I love the look of fingertip and knee but I'm not sure how easy they would be to handle as I haven't experienced them yet!

Syrena
September 14th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I trimmed from mid-butt back to hip and I love it!

pink.sara
September 14th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Hip to tailbone was my favourite length. I could do lots of different buns that I hadn't the length for at waist and I could still wear it down most days.

Can't wait to be back there!

Hairizona
September 14th, 2012, 02:50 AM
I loved below fingertip length years ago...
Now the longer it gets, the more I love what I experience as "current length".
Right now the feeling of hair on the back of my thighs and having to move it out of the way before I sit or I will sit on it is what I love about this length. That I have to bun it to get it out of my way is another thing I love, as well as the fact that it is heavy enough that I can't just wear it any old way anymore....it all reminds me that my goal is near......I am in my comfort zone!

jacqueline101
September 14th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I like tail bone.

Amber_Maiden
September 14th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Fingertip, I think. Because to me I can call that long hair.

Anabell
September 14th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Right now the feeling of hair on the back of my thighs and having to move it out of the way before I sit or I will sit on it is what I love about this length.

you just make me smile :)
I really like the classic length, because it is really amazing when it down, and the tailbone, because it still long and relatively easy to manage (I still could do all the "old" hairstyles with tailbone length).
my current length is BCL, and I really not sure if I should cut it back to tailbone or grow it until classic.

but you just made me want to grow it to thigh length!!

I will glad if you share what hairstyles you do in this length, and how you keep it out of the way when it need.

melusine963
September 14th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Personally I prefer a length that's practical. I'm going to keep growing my currently tbl hair until it gets annoying, and then trim or cut it back to something both manageable and enjoyable.

DarkCurls
September 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I like seeing classic on other people. It's just so... pretty. :) Tailbone is a close second, though.
I wonder what length I'll prefer on myself. I'll see when I get there, I guess!

kidari
September 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM
The longest I've gotten is to waist. I love BSL because you get the best of both worlds- long hair benefits as well as short hair benefits. However, I adore tailbone length or thereabouts with a deep V hemline. That has to be my favorite length and hopefully one day I can attain it!

owlathena
September 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I'm at my longest now, which is almost hip, but I love the look of TBL. I can't wait to get there!

lunalocks
September 14th, 2012, 03:18 PM
At almost hip now (35") this is the longest I have ever had my hair. This is the length I have loved the most. Seems the longer it gets, the better I like it. I am curious to see if that will continue.

Oksana
September 14th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I would say that my favourite length is hip as I feel that it is the length that really starts to look long. I have seen quite a few people with waist length hair where I live but very rarely anything from hip. I am yet to get there so I hope Iike it in the practical sense!

eros
September 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM
waist! *sigh* i can't wait (:

lapushka
September 14th, 2012, 06:52 PM
The longest my hair's been is classic - as a young teen. That's the stage where it got to be annoying for me (sat on it all the time, etc.). I'm past hip now, on my way to classic. Whether or not I'll get there, we'll see. :) Waist length wasn't bad, and neither is hip - I know that much.

rowie
September 14th, 2012, 06:56 PM

I'm so with you! I'm thinking Ankle like Teazel! Yeah;)

but for now, anything but growing out of a pixie or buzz cut is like heaven for me. I want more!! (i'm trying to say it like Spidermom)

terylenerose
September 14th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I can't answer that question precisely, but I prefer something between waist and floor. I've never had any of these lengths, though, only ones I'd rather not have in the long run.

ApatheticFairy
September 14th, 2012, 08:07 PM
For me, anything above MBL/waist is annoying. It always gets in my face and drapes in front of my shoulders into my mouth. >.< When I had tailbone length hair as a tween, I remember it always stayed behind me when I wore it down. I should NEVER have cut or dyed it.

I have never been this long that I remember, but I love the look of classic hair, and that's what I'm shooting for, and will most likely always keep it braided except for special occasions, or back with "kiss curls" in front of my ears to show off the unbraided length.

hairhair
September 14th, 2012, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure if it's just the extra length or the switch to SLS free/cone free washing, but I really like the transition my hair has undergone between almost-APL (June) and APL+ (now). I finally lost my triangle head. Or to look at it another way, my hair is now clearly growing down as opposed to out!

Lady Neeva
September 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Depends on the condition of the length of hair.

SoulOfTheSea
September 14th, 2012, 10:31 PM
I recently just had my hair past hip and almost to tailbone, and I have to say, that was much too long for me. The reason being that it was just impossible to wear down for an extended period of time, and got in the way of doing things.

Now I have trimmed it back to right above hip, and it's the perfect length to wear down, enjoy, and be able to do buns with still. :)

hypersensitive
September 14th, 2012, 10:43 PM
i liked elbow length, then i liked waist length, then, as it kept growing, i liked hip length. I still can't decide! =( well, my goal is tailbone and ill probably like it there too! long hair in general is my favorite length!

hermosamendoza
September 14th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I like the look of classic length but I've never gotten past elbow length without messing it up somehow. But classic is my goal.

ETA: My favorite length is pictures happens to be between TBL and classic with a u or v hemline :D

TiffanieJean
September 21st, 2012, 06:10 AM
In general I like Hip-TB length. That is my goal, and from the pictures of your hair I like the same on you. Not that the longer or shorter versions of your hair look bad of course.

ladyfey
September 21st, 2012, 06:20 AM
I like either knee length and longer or right around collar bone length, not such a fan of lengths in between.

vb
September 21st, 2012, 06:55 AM
My Favorite lengh is hip

ankh222
September 21st, 2012, 07:12 AM
i always dreamed my hair was at classic lenght,it's my favourite,and i dont mind if it gets in the way :D, for years my hair never reached beyond APL, but after taking good care of it and regular trimming,i reached waist for the first time :cheese:

starlamelissa
September 21st, 2012, 07:28 AM
I have hiplength hair, and I like it, my fantasy goal is just past the top of my jeans, so like can-i-call-this-tailbone length. I dont want it much longer than that.

frogs
September 21st, 2012, 11:02 AM
waist... its so pretty. Its the ultimate length, for me at least. As i am extremely short, anything longer looks ridiculous on me, haha.

dulce
September 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hip or tailbone length.I like both.

MrsGuther
September 21st, 2012, 11:23 AM
I feel like I can't hardly wear my hair down now since its hit this length (TBL when wet). I've outgrown my favorite lazy hairstyles, but now I can do a wider variety of hairdos. There are pros and cons to every length. I guess waist length was the best as far as manageability and still having a good amount of length.

beautifulending
September 21st, 2012, 04:33 PM
Mine is hip....never been there but I love that length.:D

dragonfly90
September 21st, 2012, 06:05 PM
I've never been past waist and even then it was stringy and gross (I was growing out a perm.) I think TBL is very attractive though - any longer than that and I would never have the patience to deal with it.

AutumnLocks
September 22nd, 2012, 04:53 AM
I guess I'd have to say where it is now is my favorite. It's waist length and I can still handle it pretty easily. It's been to TB length in the past. That was in the late 90's though and I don't really remember if it was hard to handle or not. I don't really think so though. I just love my hair when it is really long.

Olafwa
September 22nd, 2012, 05:13 AM
I really enjoyed tailbone length, and kept my hair at that length for years. Then I found the LHC and got inspired to grow it out, hehe. Classic was also really nice I felt like I had officially reached really long hair lol. It was also pretty easy to manage, not too much more than tailbone.

I'm surprisingly enjoying my knee length hair, at the moment. I had always thought, I'll never get that long, what a pain. Then I did and I'm actually enjoying it. It's a new kind of long that makes people go :blueeek: that is, if you have it down at all. I can't really do any of my usual styles and the ones I can do take longer, but it's so pretty!

It's been so long since I had hair shorter than mid-back, I don't really have an opinion. Back then, I was a young teenager and putting it in a bun was the last thing I wanted to learn how to do, much less actually take care of it. :rolleyes: You were lucky I brushed it, haha.

Tailbone, classic, and knee are my favorites. :heartbeat

Mesmerise
September 22nd, 2012, 05:14 AM
Well I've never been past waist length, and last time I was there was about 20 years ago, and my hair was kinda damaged and straggly. Visually, I like waist to hip, maybe TBL... I'm not really fond of the longer lengths, although I do admire the time and dedication it takes to get there!

I think if my hair got no longer than a healthy waist, I'd be pretty happy, but ideally I'd like to get to hip and have lovely hair!

Mischamiu
September 22nd, 2012, 06:14 AM
The longest I ever have been is mid back so I don't really know, but I know waist would really suit my face shape and hair texture, I also loooove tailbone but I don't if it would look good on me :D

DancingQueen
September 22nd, 2012, 06:34 AM
I love the look of hip length (although I never made it there - yet! :p )

longforthis
September 22nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Knee length!

http://beyondclassiclength.com/

^My inspiration.^

Milui Elenath
September 22nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
That is hard to answer, anything waist down to classic except TB. For some reason I found TB so annoying . . . suddenly it was in the way and it didn't want to stay in buns I liked but that seemed to change as it got longer :shrug:. I may like longer than classic too but I haven't experienced it yet.

millyaulait
September 22nd, 2012, 10:50 AM
I love hip & tbl.

Personally, I think I will only grow to waist though.

Hairwish
September 22nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Knee length.

Starr
September 22nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Classic for me. . . I've grown it to mid thigh twice and cut it back twice, because I start looking crazy when it gets any longer than that.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 23rd, 2012, 03:22 AM
It always seems to be longer than my current hair length:D

Fufu
September 23rd, 2012, 06:10 AM
my favourite length was BSL, i can't pull off anything that is longer than that.

HappyHair87
September 24th, 2012, 01:53 PM
My favorite length I've been was waist. It was just so much more easier to put up and i liked being able to do so many different buns and styles...and have the ability to make it look like a Bob with just bobby pins...lol!

Fortunately im halfway back to waist length but i think i will stop at Hip. I have a bmark on my back and i think it would be sexy if my hair just swept at it....which is right at Hip :)

fairhairedthing
September 24th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Mid back. Not so long that it needs to be worn up a lot, and long enough to register as "long". Plus it's a very flattering length for most people.

Melisande
September 24th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I was happy when I reached tail bone but my ends were ratty so I cut it off. That was two years ago. I cut back to waist and let grow to hip, then cut it off again. Moving between waist and hip gives me the best of two worlds. Waist is lovely worn open and has volume because it's lighter. Hip gives me the opportunity to wear my hairtoys and do nice updos.

I don't think I'll grow longer than hip. But you never know.... and it was nice to be special. Many people around here have waist length, but tail bone is rare...

nobeltonya
September 24th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Every length I've reached so far has been my favorite, because I always used to have short hair. Never had my hair long before. :D And I like wearing it down [yes, it is possible at this length :)]. But I also like the updo possibilities, and the nifty-looking braids. I was going to stop at fingertips, which should be approximately 47", but I might consider going all the way to knee. If I measured right, that should be around 53". :disco:

Faux
September 24th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I think I like mid back through waist the best. I had tailbone years ago and it was really hard to take care of! I do love to look at pictures of terminal though...

Pigfarts
September 24th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I like hair that is between hip and tailbone. It's long, but still manageable enough to wear it down. I hate wearing my hair up in braids and buns unless I'm sleeping. To me, wearing long hair in updos all the time ruins the point of beautiful long hair because you don't see it.

Shepherdess
September 24th, 2012, 06:06 PM
My favourite length which I have ever attained has to be now at thigh length! I have never had hair longer than now, but it seems with every inch I gain I love it even more than before! :crush: I can do so much more with my hair and I love having a long braid. I don't think I'll ever be able to cut my hair again whatever length it might reach.

But every person is different; I am sure waist to tailbone length would be much easier to take care of, but I don't mind all of the time long hair takes since I like having something to pamper. :p