PDA

View Full Version : Does CO destroy my growth?

ChristinaDK
September 13th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I have been CO-washing since feb.

I have read various places that conditioner on the scalp clogging foliklerne and so the hair can not grow. What is your experience?

My hair has been at BSL a loong time (2-3 months..). I eat vegan-vitamins and fish oil..

I was hoping to soon reach waist (in a year..):mad::mad:

Ephemeral
September 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I CO and my hair has grown 3 inches since April.

W2
September 13th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I've been CO'ing for about half a year and have grown in the same rate as normal.

Do you ever shampoo? I use a shampoo every 2-3 weeks.

EndlessSunshine
September 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I have been co since april and my hair has grown four inches since then. If your scalp feels gunky then try a sulfate free shampoo or a diluted acid rinse if you think it is build up.

Winnie!
September 13th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Although I'm no expert, I don't think CO washing destroys growth rates. You could very possibly just be having a normal stall. Meaning, your hair will probably resume growing later. Make sure you are healthy and your hair should follow suit. Hope I helped!

Tisiloves
September 13th, 2012, 06:09 PM
As long as your scalp feels ok I would say that you're just having a stall. Just make sure you're massaging and rinsing thoroughly when you wash.

aksown
September 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I've been CO washing for a couple years and it hasn't done anything to my growth. I would suggest taking your temperature, a few times a day, for a week to make sure your thyroid is functioning properly. If you temperature is lower than normal then it indicates a problem with your thyroid.
When my hair stalled at waist I discovered that my temperature was nearly 2 degrees lower then it should have been. I have since begun healing my thyroid through diet and sleep, and I just made it it hip-nearly tailbone. :cheese:

KwaveT
September 13th, 2012, 07:08 PM
For me it set off a huge dandruff problem so I stopped doing CO. I don't think there was no major change in growth rate even while on it.

ravenreed
September 13th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I got to classic length from waist on CO. Maybe it is the conditioner you are using?

cwarren
September 13th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Do you shed more than usual? I know that this is a common issue with CO washing, but outside of that, it shouldn't cause your growth to stop.

gthlvrmx
September 13th, 2012, 10:34 PM
that's what my hair cutter lady said but i dont buy it, im doing everything right and i have gotten good growth since i last saw her last august. i didnt seem to slow down in growth, everything was normal and im CO washing and i was doing it WRONG for my scalp and hair XD

coneyisland
September 14th, 2012, 02:06 AM
The latitude at which you live may be a factor in your hair's growth rate.

At shoulder length and longer, wearing the hair up with its ends protected helps a great deal with length retention.

Tota
September 14th, 2012, 02:29 AM
I CO since the beginning of this year and my hear grows normally. Just be sure to use a good conditioner so you don't put unwanted chemicals on your skin (I recomend Alverde Naturkosmetik - you can buy it at Drogerie Markt). You also need to clarify your hair with a shampoo now and then and everything should be fine.