PDA

View Full Version : I'm shocked about how many entertainers have extensions

Bookloverlori
September 13th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I was reading the other thread about the dangers of using extensions and I immediately had to jump online and see some of these people for myself. I had no idea. Honestly, I thought they had really great hair and I was jealous as can be. :o

I truly had no idea that the Kardashians, Britney, even Rachel Ray, use hair extensions. Truly, this whole time I've been clueless.

Why would they do that... use extensions all the time? Clearly, now that I've seen what can happen, I think they are being very silly. I would never take the risk of losing the thinning hair that I already have.

noelgirl
September 13th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I think, to an extent, it is the expectation of their profession. An actress might need longer hair for a role, and not have time to grow it out. That's the one practical reason I can think of for it, if the celebrity in question is, in fact, an actress, and not just famous for being famous. There is also the standard of having hair that looks so perfect that it couldn't be real. Once the status quo becomes that long hair has all that extension-y body to it, real long hair isn't quite enough when you're in the public eye.

In some cases, it is obvious. When you can see the tracks, or when there's an obvious jump in length, it's pretty clear. But some have surprised me. When Jennifer Aniston cut her hair short last year, she said it was because of extension damage; I wouldn't have pegged her as having worn extensions in the first place, because her long hair looked a lot more natural than, say, a Kardashian.

pepperminttea
September 13th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I think to some extent, it's difficult for them to maintain healthy hair. They have to look perfect every single day; when you're followed by paparazzi, there are no off days. So that's everyday washing, everyday heat styling, everyday hairspray and product, worn down more often than not, and when it is put up it's with teasing and more hairspray. And for actresses, they'll have to wear extensions and wigs for roles (if not personal choice) which stress out the scalp, as well the hair being constantly manipulated to keep it perfect between takes. My hair just wouldn't last through that. I'd get as far as APL, at best. It's not something I envy of them in the least; I can definitely see why some would turn to extensions, even if it is one step forward, three steps back.

Madora
September 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM
They want the luxury of long, vibrant hair w/o waiting for it to reach such lengths. Really just a fad because sooner or later the pendulum will swing the other way and short and tousled, or whatever, will become the rage.

I wonder how many celebrity extension wearers have regretted their choice.

Cowgirl16
September 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Rachel Ray!? I never would have thought!

I knew Brittany did after she shaved her head but Rachel, Jennifer? I had no clue...

browneyedsusan
September 13th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I think most female celebrities wear extensions?

I may be mistaken, but I think even the teenagers on the Disney Channel and Proactive commercials probably have them. Celebrities need to look healthy and fit, and thick hair is an indicator of that. It's probably a gateway drug for their later plastic surgeries.... --not that there is anything wrong with plastic surgery, but some celebs take it a little too far IMHO. :)

catamonica
September 13th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Well the only problem is they will get bald spots or thinning hair. The only one whose hair is real is Alanis Morisette. She's got beautiful hair. I think one of the reasons is, they don't want to take the time & patience to grow long hair. Extensions are not worth it!

SuzQ
September 13th, 2012, 11:53 AM
This is a good thing to remember when I start thinking that my hair looks bad compared to some celebrity's hair. I just need to remind myself that they probably have extensions (not to mention a professional stylist at the ready).

jeanniet
September 13th, 2012, 12:32 PM
For the most part, not much you see on celebrities or models is real (at least not in professional shots). Their profession is based to a great extent on creating a fantasy of physical perfection in hair, skin, body, etc. So they wear extensions, heavy makeup, have cosmetic surgery, use special lighting, and so on to achieve that effect. Really, the worst thing you can do is compare yourself to celebrities, because you're trying to compare yourself to an artificial reality.

Syaoransbear
September 13th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Well the only problem is they will get bald spots or thinning hair. The only one whose hair is real is Alanis Morisette. She's got beautiful hair. I think one of the reasons is, they don't want to take the time & patience to grow long hair. Extensions are not worth it!

That's not true, not everyone suffers from hair loss from hair extensions. I never did, and I personally don't know anyone who has.

It also has nothing to with patience. They CAN'T grow their hair, not with their lifestyle. Because when you spend hours getting your hair blow dried and styled on a daily basis, you aren't going to have any hair left. Their hair becomes so damaged that it starts breaking off, and I'm sure nearly everyone in hollywood doesn't have hair longer than shoulder or APL.

You won't get far as an actress if you insist that your hair must be in a bun 24/7 and that your hair can't be manipulated ever to fit a role you are in. It has nothing to do with time or growing it out, because there's no point spending 3 years growing out your hair only for it to all break off at the shoulders after just a month of filming.

If you are the type of person that likes dying and using heat, then I think extensions are a better idea than growing your hair out. Growing your hair out is a waste of time with that kind of lifestyle, because it's just going to get burnt off.

dwell_in_safety
September 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I think the demands of the job, the rigors of constant teasing and backcombing and heat heat HEAT, require extensions over natural hair. I can't fault actresses for choosing extensions; it just makes practical sense with that life.

HylianGirl
September 13th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I think, like many people have said, that it is because of their lifestyle. They have to change their apearence all the time not only for roles, but also for what is trendy at the time, as well as look as perfect as possible for the most time possible, since they are always on the public eye.

When I was younger I used to compare my hair to celebrities, once I discovered they were weaves/extensions I felt sooo much better. Just like when I learned about the amount of photoshop there is out there xD These people can't get the commitment to grow long hair themselves, not only because their lifestyle pressures them into styling and changing it all the time, but also because after all that, their hair must be in a state in which it just can't grow past APL at most.

PinkyCat
September 13th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I'm actually shocked at how many women IRL I see with extensions! I don't know if its just my area or what. Some of them are really poorly done too.

I'm totally blaming the flat iron industry.

Maverick494
September 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I can understand why it happens.

Nina Dobrev, who plays the semi long haired girl in the vampire diaries, always has perfect looking hair. She says she has to take special precautions so the hairdressers don't ruin her hair in the long run to make it look good short term. She sometimes drives to work with the hair mask treatment still worked into her hair.

When she started on The Vampire diaries, my hair was shorter than hers. Now starting it's 4th season, my hair is longer than hers, quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of damage she keeps having to trim off. And that's an actress who still has fairly healthy hair.

Jessica Alba bleached her dark brown hair light blonde for Sin City and Fantastic Four. That combined with the constant styling for the movies it damaged her hair so much she had to cut it back into a bob. Luckily for her she looks phenomenal no matter what hairdo she has, but it shows how much stress celebrities' hair endure.

The Lord of The Rings actors are more fortunate, because they got to wear fantastic wigs. I know a few black ladies who are growing out damage from relaxers while using wigs to give their hair a break from the styling it would otherwise need on a daily basis. Hell, even a Miss USA did this.

It's like fake eyelashes. At premieres, every woman has them. Everyone.

In order to look phenomenal, sacrifices have to be made and hair is usually the first to pay the price because it doesn't hurt when you abuse it. Well, unless you mess up the roots too, that is.

catamonica
September 13th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Since I don't know much about hair extensions, and you seem to, then your right. And they most likely can't grow their hair like you said.

catamonica
September 13th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I forgot to mention, since you have worn extensions, you would personally know.

Maverick494
September 13th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I forgot to mention, since you have worn extensions, you would personally know.

I don't know if you were talking to me specifically, but I haven't worn extensions. My hair is now at a length where the most commonly sold length of hair extensions would not add anything. But I know friends who have them. They mostly use clip-ins though as they're not as damaging as the ones that get glued into your hair.

Hollyfire3
September 13th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I think to some extent, it's difficult for them to maintain healthy hair. They have to look perfect every single day; when you're followed by paparazzi, there are no off days. So that's everyday washing, everyday heat styling, everyday hairspray and product, worn down more often than not, and when it is put up it's with teasing and more hairspray. And for actresses, they'll have to wear extensions and wigs for roles (if not personal choice) which stress out the scalp, as well the hair being constantly manipulated to keep it perfect between takes. My hair just wouldn't last through that. I'd get as far as APL, at best. It's not something I envy of them in the least; I can definitely see why some would turn to extensions, even if it is one step forward, three steps back.

This, all true. Also, I do know that my personal favorite actress, Holly Marie Combs, (whom I've met...:D), doen't wear exstentions and has not worn them on Charmed or Pretty Little Liars...I wonder how her hair is so perfect looking all this time...just lucky I gues?

catamonica
September 13th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Sorry Mauerick494, I was actually talking to Syaoransbean. But I agree, clip-ins are propably the best. But maybe the other kind of extensions are okay to.

rosance
September 13th, 2012, 02:57 PM
For the most part, not much you see on celebrities or models is real (at least not in professional shots). Their profession is based to a great extent on creating a fantasy of physical perfection in hair, skin, body, etc. So they wear extensions, heavy makeup, have cosmetic surgery, use special lighting, and so on to achieve that effect. Really, the worst thing you can do is compare yourself to celebrities, because you're trying to compare yourself to an artificial reality.

You could not have said it any better girl. :applause
In my opinion, anything that is natural (beauty wise of course) is always much beautiful than what is not. Do not envy artificial beauty, I have and it is not logical. It is like comparing home grown fruits and veggies with the commercially buffed ones. True beauty is what has been given to you naturally. Human beings have unique characteristics that make them stand out. When you manipulate those looks to keep up with the trends, your uniqueness seems to fade out and you just look like a practical girl who is trying to keep up with the flow. I am glad that you have noticed this "artificial reality". Strip work, demands, positions from these people and what do you have? a human being with artificial components. Natural hair can be beautiful. You do not need to torture your hair to look beautiful. As a matter of fact, I think it is more work to use extensions since, first of all, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THAT HAIR LIKES SINCE IT IS NOT YOURS, even if it is remy, it is still heavily coated with lots of things to make it look healthy and manageable. Once that coat is worn out, welcome home matted hair :eyebrows: Sexy huh? You have to change this hair sooner or later, it wears out. It causes stress on your scalp whether you feel it or not. Moving from a certain amount of hair to another weight can be easily felt by the follicles. If your follicles are not slowly adjusting to your growing hair's weight, and suddenly feels new weight, I do not think it is a good thing right? Thinning hair can occur. Now natural hair, I do not think I have to say much of its beauty; it is everywhere in this forum. You girls are really an inspiration :inlove:
btw...I didn't know kardashian's had extensions 0.o""""""

Unofficial_Rose
September 13th, 2012, 03:10 PM
That's not true, not everyone suffers from hair loss from hair extensions. I never did, and I personally don't know anyone who has.

It also has nothing to with patience. They CAN'T grow their hair, not with their lifestyle. Because when you spend hours getting your hair blow dried and styled on a daily basis, you aren't going to have any hair left. Their hair becomes so damaged that it starts breaking off, and I'm sure nearly everyone in hollywood doesn't have hair longer than shoulder or APL.

You won't get far as an actress if you insist that your hair must be in a bun 24/7 and that your hair can't be manipulated ever to fit a role you are in. It has nothing to do with time or growing it out, because there's no point spending 3 years growing out your hair only for it to all break off at the shoulders after just a month of filming.

If you are the type of person that likes dying and using heat, then I think extensions are a better idea than growing your hair out. Growing your hair out is a waste of time with that kind of lifestyle, because it's just going to get burnt off.

I would definitely have them, except I already tried them and they pulled out a great deal of my hair - and I only kept them in for 3 weeks. I got them done somewhere reputable too. Cost a fortune.:(

jen5972
September 13th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I knew that the Kardashians did, but didn't know that Rachel Ray did! I would imagine that they do extensions because their regular hair couldn't take the heat. I read somewhere that actresses sometimes have their hair done (with heat styling) 4 times in one day! Yikes!! It is no wonder all these people use extensions. If they didn't, their real hair would be fried to a crisp!

whylime13
September 13th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I think another part of it is they can't afford to grow through the awkward stages with out a cover up. Keep an eye on Anne Hathaway - she had her hair chopped off for a role so she's got a pixie cut now - we'll probably see her grow out through a short shagged look then a bob, and then 'boom' one day she'll be shoulder to APL-ish overnight.

Chanie
September 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I think it comes down to the fact That long hair is sexyer to most people. Here in denmark, all girls have exstensions, its like a freaking cult or something, and i hate it:) I especially hate it when people say to me: oh you have beautyfull hair, is it real?? Then i think to myself, of coarse it is real you stupid... I wouldnt be running around with some fake hair, unless i was bold for some reason !! Jesus christ.. Its like, they get in two hours, what we need to take care of and pamper for years and years ! :)

akilina
September 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I am not here to bash them...I don't blame them though.

They are in the spotlight and have their hair constantly heat styled, colored, and changed up all the time. How could they ever grow nice hair like that on their own while doing all that??

As much as some of us really don't like this fact..it is the truth for them.
It is sad that the media might not want to look at them if they were in their normal forms.

I don't blame them for having to keep an image.

I envy their personal hair dressers/ stylists/ makeup artists! I would LOVE to be in on some of that moolah!!!

I am curious for a list of celebs that have their natural hair..just out of curiosity.

*edit* Not totally shocked, but mildly shocked that rachel ray wears them! I always really liked how her hair looked on her :]

Hollyfire3
September 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I am not here to bash them...I don't blame them though.

They are in the spotlight and have their hair constantly heat styled, colored, and changed up all the time. How could they ever grow nice hair like that on their own while doing all that??

As much as some of us really don't like this fact..it is the truth for them.
It is sad that the media might not want to look at them if they were in their normal forms.

I don't blame them for having to keep an image.

I envy their personal hair dressers/ stylists/ makeup artists! I would LOVE to be in on some of that moolah!!!

I am curious for a list of celebs that have their natural hair..just out of curiosity.

*edit* Not totally shocked, but mildly shocked that rachel ray wears them! I always really liked how her hair looked on her :]

Here's one that doesn't wear exstentions: Holly Marie Combs
Not sure about Rose Mcgowan and Alyssa Milano, but i think Shannen Doherty doesn't wear them.:)

rosance
September 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I think it comes down to the fact That long hair is sexyer to most people. Here in denmark, all girls have exstensions, its like a freaking cult or something, and i hate it:) I especially hate it when people say to me: oh you have beautyfull hair, is it real?? Then i think to myself, of coarse it is real you stupid... I wouldnt be running around with some fake hair, unless i was bold for some reason !! Jesus christ.. Its like, they get in two hours, what we need to take care of and pamper for years and years ! :)
HAHA you're funny! :razz:
Don't feel offended, it's just that extensions are so widely used that beautiful natural hair is doubtful for some people. I bet some of those people still think you have extensions...haha. That would piss me off as well :D Seriously, after taking years to grow healthy hair, who wouldn't feel offended if someone asks that? :confused: Some girls that use extensions do lie that they are. Is that real hair? Of course it is!...not mine though...mwahhahaha :stirpot:

akilina
September 13th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Here's one that doesn't wear exstentions: Holly Marie Combs
Not sure about Rose Mcgowan and Alyssa Milano, but i think Shannen Doherty doesn't wear them.:)

Hehehehe you would post the charmed girls! :D :p
<3
I wish I knew how some people could stand extensions. I have tried so many times over the years wearing clip ins and I just hate them. I can't imagine the fusions or the ones that are braided and sewn in. I couldn't stand not being able to just BRUSH your hair in a normal fashion.

Syaoransbear
September 13th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I think the celebrities that don't wear hair extensions wear wigs for their roles so their real hair doesn't get trashed.

Hollyfire3
September 13th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Hehehehe you would post the charmed girls! :D :p
<3
I wish I knew how some people could stand extensions. I have tried so many times over the years wearing clip ins and I just hate them. I can't imagine the fusions or the ones that are braided and sewn in. I couldn't stand not being able to just BRUSH your hair in a normal fashion.

Yes yes I would!:p I'm the resident Charmed obsessor...lol, I know, I'm bad....:D. I do know that Holly's hair is stunning in real life, but its certainly NOT what you see on Charmed, its actually wavy and she lets it go longer without trims not being on Charmed weekly anymore and all....she also told me she doesn't blow dry it often at all, and she came with it damp to the event lol. She could for sure be a LHCer with her hair.....lol. I don't know how people stand exstentions either, besides the problems you describe, for me, its a personal thing, I want to be able to say all my hair/length/thickness is mine, not due to some fake clips or glue. Its just a weird thing to me....

Chanie
September 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
HAHA you're funny! :razz:
Don't feel offended, it's just that extensions are so widely used that beautiful natural hair is doubtful for some people. I bet some of those people still think you have extensions...haha. That would piss me off as well :D Seriously, after taking years to grow healthy hair, who wouldn't feel offended if someone asks that? :confused: Some girls that use extensions do lie that they are. Is that real hair? Of course it is!...not mine though...mwahhahaha :stirpot:
Haha :D Well i might be childish with this but it pisses me of, and that itself actually is quite funny :D I hate the thought that men looks at a woman thinking oh what a beautyfull hair! While i know its fake, and was propably made by her friend or some cheap hairdresser down town ..

akilina
September 13th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Yes yes I would!:p I'm the resident Charmed obsessor...lol, I know, I'm bad....:D. I do know that Holly's hair is stunning in real life, but its certainly NOT what you see on Charmed, its actually wavy and she lets it go longer without trims not being on Charmed weekly anymore and all....she also told me she doesn't blow dry it often at all, and she came with it damp to the event lol. She could for sure be a LHCer with her hair.....lol. I don't know how people stand exstentions either, besides the problems you describe, for me, its a personal thing, I want to be able to say all my hair/length/thickness is mine, not due to some fake clips or glue. Its just a weird thing to me....

I totally understand and feel the same way! For me, I want to say "are you kidding me? This isn't extensions, this is real!" I do hate that if anyone has long hair someone else comes along and assumes that it is fake..like goddess forbid someone actually has real, long, healthy hair!
I nonchalantly helped one of my friends realize that her hair is great without extensions and she didn't wear them forever. I think she also felt comfortable around me to not care..Now that we never hangout I see she wears them all the time now. :/
I also gave her coconut oil and got her all into it and told her about microtrimming and all this and that but I don't think she does it anymore.

LoveAngelBeauty
September 13th, 2012, 06:05 PM

HOW and where did you meet and talk to Holly Marie Combs?? Because i adored her on Charmed and also really loved her hair and the fact it was both simple and beautiful.

Hollyfire3
September 13th, 2012, 06:11 PM
HOW and where did you meet and talk to Holly Marie Combs?? Because i adored her on Charmed and also really loved her hair and the fact it was both simple and beautiful.

Teheeeeeeeee...its a LONG story...(PM me if you'd like). Meeting her: Comic Con 2012. Talking to her: I went up for like 6 autographs and stood there holding up the line, I nearly passed out and screamed and went crazy, I asked to hug her, I wrote her a letter, many many times to talk to her lol. I also met Leo too! I just thought it was so amazing that her hair is so beautiful but so not liek I thought it was. Its like beautiful and kinda wavy and very long and just...yeah. I LOVVVVVVEEE Piper's hair, I want it! My hair actually looks alot like hers when its striaght (I NEED to get a workign camera to get some pictures on here)...but I just, I love Piper/Holly.:D:D:D:D

Falcore
September 13th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Here is a link to a photo of Naomi Campbell, and the aftermath of extensions. I saw it through a link someone posted on here recently. I was in shock! Poor thing..

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2185897/Naomi-Campbells-shocking-bald-patches-years-relying-hair-extensions.html

DarleneH
September 13th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I was reading the other thread about the dangers of using extensions and I immediately had to jump online and see some of these people for myself. I had no idea. Honestly, I thought they had really great hair and I was jealous as can be. :o

I truly had no idea that the Kardashians, Britney, even Rachel Ray, use hair extensions. Truly, this whole time I've been clueless.

What thread are you talking about? I wanna see!

Tisiloves
September 13th, 2012, 07:22 PM
What thread are you talking about? I wanna see!

The thread's here. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100463)

hermosamendoza
September 13th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Well that explains why I was never able to copy Rachael Ray's hair! I thought it was because she's italian! lol.

It all depends on how often and how careful you are with extensions. My sister and mom are hair dressers. My sister started wearing hair extensions after having to cut her hair into a pixie after a horrible bleaching job at the beauty school (she went form red to salmon to blonde in one day) Anyway she wore it short for a month or less and bought a wig. When the wig was too much she got extensions and placed them very well. She took the time to use the special serum or shampoo or whatever to remove them and now has CBL or APL hair (not sure because she has a lot of layers.

My mom on the other hand wanted to try out hair extensions but instead of putting them in and taking them out carefully she just rips them out. She quit using them after a week.

222toogoodforu
September 13th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Hair extensions aren't an all or nothing thing. How often a celebrity wears hair extensions probably depends on the event, hairstyle, or even the day.

Also, it isn't fair to assume that because they wear hair extensions they must have horribly fried, or short, or thin real hair.

They could use them for fullness, for color change, or so they don't have to use heat on their real hair. Any reason is as legitimate as the next.

I'm a bit shocked at the disapproval of this hairstyle on this board. Aren't you all for protective styling?

jacqueline101
September 13th, 2012, 08:11 PM
I agree its a fad and people who are celebrities will go back to short hair. The risk isn't worth it.

Hollyfire3
September 13th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hair extensions aren't an all or nothing thing. How often a celebrity wears hair extensions probably depends on the event, hairstyle, or even the day.

Also, it isn't fair to assume that because they wear hair extensions they must have horribly fried, or short, or thin real hair.

They could use them for fullness, for color change, or so they don't have to use heat on their real hair. Any reason is as legitimate as the next.

I'm a bit shocked at the disapproval of this hairstyle on this board. Aren't you all for protective styling?

its not so much disapproval as it is caution. Exstentions are not exactly a protective style when they pull out hair by the root in extreme cases. This result is the cause of the sometimes negative views of exstentions in this thread, I personally do not think anything with this high of a risk of damage to my own hair is able to be considered protective under any circumstances.

222toogoodforu
September 13th, 2012, 08:29 PM
The caution and disapproval go hand in hand in this thread.

And just like you said, "in extreme cases." Anything done improperly can do damage, but done correctly it can aid in growth.

And under any circumstance, you say? A lot of the women on other forums like black hair media and in the YouTube world would disagree with this and have fantastic results to prove so. I briefly explain why in the other hair extensions thread.

jeanniet
September 13th, 2012, 08:29 PM

For the most part, I doubt they're wearing them to protect their real hair--for fullness, color change, length, any number of reasons, yes, but probably not for protection. I really don't think anyone is criticizing what they have to do to their hair as part of their profession. It's just a job that requires more of a physical sacrifice than most. They have to look as good as possible, because that's the fantasy. I think most of us understand that.

PinkyCat
September 14th, 2012, 03:58 AM
For the most part, I doubt they're wearing them to protect their real hair--for fullness, color change, length, any number of reasons, yes, but probably not for protection. I really don't think anyone is criticizing what they have to do to their hair as part of their profession. It's just a job that requires more of a physical sacrifice than most. They have to look as good as possible, because that's the fantasy. I think most of us understand that.

This 100%. It is part of their job. Most of the time it is part of a contract. Both models and actors must sign contracts that outline exactly what is expected of them during that role - including their appearance - this includes hair, weight, etc. They are legally bound by this for the term stated or until the project is complete.

Rocket22
September 14th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I wear them all the time. It's a matter of having hair I would never have otherwise. I don't have thick hair and even if I grew it 100 years it would never be the fullness the extensions give me. Since being on the LHC I don't wear them near as much and only put them in when I want to feel extra pretty :) although I have learned since being here that I do like my own hair better ( it's softer and more fluffy than the extensions hair) I just need more years for it to fill in and get the length I want

pepperminttea
September 14th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Here is a link to a photo of Naomi Campbell, and the aftermath of extensions. I saw it through a link someone posted on here recently. I was in shock! Poor thing..

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2185897/Naomi-Campbells-shocking-bald-patches-years-relying-hair-extensions.html

Oh goodness! I've never seen a case that bad. Ouch. :(

LoveAngelBeauty
September 15th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Lots of black women use extensions, weaves, wigs, you name it, as protective styles and get fantastic growth and retention from that. So, no extensions aren't bad. But the method that is used to put them in, or the care (or lack thereof) is what can cause the damage.