PDA

View Full Version : DIY Highlights?

Artisticat
September 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I was wondering what's a good technique to put 2 or 3 highlights in here and there. I know it's probably damaging, but I was thinking of adding some as the mood strikes. :eyebrows:

I'm keen on trying to grow out my virgin hair, but it's looking a little blah to me now (it's light to medium brown with a few sparklies mixed in there). I'm almost APL and last had any color or highlights 9 months ago.

Any advice on this? Or leave well enough alone? :confused: Thanks!!!

Rhoward
September 12th, 2012, 10:36 PM
:run:Please don't use bleach you'll regret it, if you're that desperate for a change get a hairdresser to put foils in using a semi-permanent colour, that way it will solve your boredom, wash out eventually and most importantly not ruin your hair!

Artisticat
September 12th, 2012, 10:41 PM
:run:Please don't use bleach you'll regret it, if you're that desperate for a change get a hairdresser to put foils in using a semi-permanent colour, that way it will solve your boredom, wash out eventually and most importantly not ruin your hair!

Point well taken Rhoward! I don't want to go to another hairdresser again (such a bad experience... sorry - I mean no ill will to all the good hairdressers on this forum). I'm just thinking aloud.

UltraBella
September 12th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I love highlights, I get mine refreshed every four months approximately. I like them very blended and natural looking, but they definitely brighten up my ashy hair. I wouldn't do them myself because of how blended I like them - the sections are tiny and it would be difficult to do to myself.

My hair is very healthy. Bleach in such small sections has never even come close to ruining my hair, but everyone is different. It's probably only about 10% of my hair that ends up highlighted overall but it makes a huge difference visually.