PDA

View Full Version : Indigo for black hair

curlychica702
September 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM
So my natural hair colors dark brown with auburn red tones too it and it gets darkdark auburn highlights in the sun. Also it has been hennaed (now its really dark reddish brown). Anyway i want my hair black, but like black black like what i would call goth kid black lol. So basicly i am wondering if i having dark brown hair as starting point can get a jet black or blue black? Or does indigo dye hair a brown black, cuz i would really like to get as dark as possible(:

Roscata
September 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM
All the two step henna/indgo applications I've seen have been jet black. But here is a thread with photos: Show us your henndigoed hair! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=21272) I suppose the red from henna might shine through in sunlight, but I'm not sure, maybe someone who does two step henna/indigo can help you more with their own experience.

Keep in mind that indigo usually takes a few applications to stick to hair, so chances are you won't have instant jet black hair, and that adding salt to the indigo makes it darker.

Good luck! :)