PDA

View Full Version : Autumn approaches - Anyone else has tickling urge for a change?

wendylai
September 12th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Hi all!

At least us living on the northern side of equator have got to face the reality sooner or later.. the summer is all but over soon! Myself I realized this maybe a few weeks ago when a thought struck me: A haircut could be nice... hmmm.. and those highlights my cousin just got do work woders on her..

Dangerous times we're living my friends :) I have a freebie haircut with multicolouring on my wallet that I've been meaning to sell as a though of anything my minor trim hasnt crossed my mind for ages. But now.. I find myself browsing though last years christmas party photos on facebook and thinking how nice and sharp that APL cut looked on me back then. Something I quite cant say right now - being for what seems forever - stuck mid-back.

Anyone else has these thought or have you all got yourselves preoccupied with some fall-stuff I've complitely missed out on :beerchug:

Bambi
September 12th, 2012, 01:12 AM
I understand you:). Almost everyone at work are talking about what they would like to do with their hair now that autumn approaches...like it's mandatory to switch it up at the beginning of spring/summer and autumn/winter. I myself are patiently(*not*) waiting for my henna to arrive so I can get a wee bit more red in my hair as I looove it! I told one colleague about my plans and she was very supportive:). I don't think you should cut it, maybe a color treatment or some streaks will be enough to do the trick? Less is more ehehee;)! Good luck!

beautifulending
September 12th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Yes,I want to color my hair so bad but I don't need to because every time I do, I end up hating it and wanting to slap myself silly lol.

Samitra
September 12th, 2012, 01:24 AM
I booked an appointment for a DT and a small trim next month, and I'm also waiting for my henna and cassia to arrive, so I can play a bit :D I haven't done a henna gloss for two years, so I'm very excited! Oh, and I'm trying to learn new buns, experiment with coconut oil, and I'm looking into buying some fancy hair toy.

So, yes, I feel the urge to "do something with my hair" :D, it's just that it doesn't include any drastic cuts or changes in colour. Unfortunately, all this is eating up my "me money" :o

millyaulait
September 12th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Autumn always makes me want to dye my hair red.

I must instinctively want to blend in with the falling leaves. :laugh:

RubyTuesday
September 12th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Yes Autumn always makes me want warm rich coloured hair - reddy, browns or just bright red.

Blonde washes me our in winter so invariably I go a few shades darker at this time. I am now a light browny red. Come April I will be thinking about going blonde again.....

Happens every year! I am so predictable. :rolleyes:

Avital88
September 12th, 2012, 08:32 AM
i trimmed back to waist from tailbone, i think that will do for this fall.. but im also contemplating a nice cold brown color so im not sure

Neneka
September 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Two weeks rule is great! I was also wanting to do something, maybe use indigo or cut my hair a little so it would even out faster. I trimmed an inch of dry ends and just waited and the urge went away.

GrowingGlory
September 12th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Yes, Since I'm trying to improve the health of my hair, I'm considering learning some protective styles. I usually wear it down and tousled or up in a cinnabun or hasty bun, sometimes under a hood or hat for cold weather protection.

frogs
September 12th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Autumn is the time of the year when i think red hair looks its best! i think i will try a deeper, brown-ish red this autumn! I use henna and at the moment my hair is orange. Even though henna is supposed to be super permanent it washes out on me in a couple of months so it will be lighter again when spring comes! :)

Loveisaverb
September 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I would love to dye my hair autumn sorts of colors from a fiery red to a copper to a warm auburn or deep brown or even orange.
Pfft...but that won't happen. Instead I will change my hairstyle by growing it out even more. ;)
Or just buying my first hair stick and learning even new hairstyles and finally getting some new scissors. And switching to a SLS-free poo and finally washing one a week.
I hope that counts as a change. :p

teal
September 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM
It's definitely getting colder here. I'm wearing a knit long-sleeved top today. I have the urge to trim, which I'm ignoring for the time being. It's not a very strong urge, even though I do need it. (It's been... geez I don't even know how long it's been... something like two or three years since I've had a trim!) I think I may transfer the urge to change into applying another round of henna. That should keep me happy for a few weeks and by then I hope to be too busy with Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas to dwell on it!! :p

Kaelee
September 12th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Autumn doesn't make me want to do anything to my hair, but it DOES make me want to buy lots of knee socks!!! lol

papera
September 12th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Funny that autumn makes us wanna change our hair! So I'm not the only one :)

I'm thinking of a cut too, but nothing drastic I think, maybe 5-10cm (2"-4") just to get rid of some damage. My hair also annoys me in winter because of the heavy clothing and winter jacket.

Dunno, will probably wait until November when my next hair cut is due anyway. And by then I might just be annoyed enough to actually do it! :p

henné
September 12th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I know what you're saying and I feel like I need a change too ... I'm considering Henna again. :o And that is after two failed attempts to grow it out :rolleyes: We'll see what happens :D However, I don't feel like cutting my hair at all ... that is more of a Spring thing for me.

Finnenna
September 12th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I desperately want to dye my hair red - not just henna red but RED RED. But everything I've found has too many chemicals...and I almost don't care. I just want RED.

Oksana
September 12th, 2012, 01:42 PM
This is the time of year I yearn to dye my hair dark brown and have done twice in the past... I will resist :o

Mopolop
September 12th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I don't know if it's autumn or damage, but I want a good chop - been considering shoulder (but am too scared to do it :P). I'll probably settle for 2-3 inches off.

missketi
September 12th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Oh,yes....I want to dye my hair red like the leaves or dark brown....eh....it's like that every year. In the colder months I want to go brown/red and in the summer I want to be blonde.:rolleyes: Lol, maybe I'll just buy myself a nice red headband since my hair is still short for hairtoys. I like my brown hair at this time of year.:)Ah, that autumn......

CurlySasha
September 12th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Yup! I dip-dyed my ends bright pink! (Manic Panic Hot Hot Pink, I did it without bleaching, and I love it :D)

Kyaatje
September 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Oh I would like to see a photo of your dip dye ! I was considering that myself :D

battles
September 12th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I just want my henna gone. :p I got a trim a week or so ago, and I feel MUCH better. My ends are so much thicker now.

TeaEarlGreyHot
September 12th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Yep, me too. The longer my hair gets the more I realize my forehead is long and updos look so harsh. I tried draping my fringe area in a deep side part before putting it up today and it just wouldn't stay neatly. I've been contemplating long side swept fringe for awhile now, maybe a month but I'm going to wait until after our Disney World trip the first week of October and then decide.

I'm definitely going to do a few Hennas as it has been months since my last. I'd like to get 2 in before going on vacation!

spidermom
September 12th, 2012, 04:59 PM
The last time I needed a change, I went from no bangs to bangs plus long layers (sig pic). I'm still happy with that.

For fall, I want to wear a smaller size.

Amorice
September 12th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Its not because of the seasons, but I've been itching to dye all my hair purple. It's been blonde fading to purple/pink tips for about a year now, and I'd like a change, BUT! I know that while the purple will come out, it will stain a bit and leave a slight pink tint to the blonde when its gone, and I have wedding pictures to think about in February. Which, IDK, I might want all-purple for it, but I'd like to have options until its close enough that I have to make up my mind.

spirals
September 12th, 2012, 08:11 PM

I must instinctively want to blend in with the falling leaves. :laugh:Me, too! I usually do go red, then go dark reddish brown for winter. This time I may do a henna gloss.

KAggs
September 12th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I've been contemplating bangs since I usually get them when it gets colder. I'm trying to stop myself though since I've been growing them out since February. Must stay strong!

allnight avenue
September 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I very much want to highlight my hair....but I always want to highlight my hair. I'm just frustrated because I just had to chop back from generic-MBL to BSL for the THIRD time in a row....it feels like my hair is destined to never ever be waist. :(

Toadstool
September 13th, 2012, 01:12 AM
I just had a trim and a temporary dye. Didn't know it was an Autumn thing.
I've only just realised from reading this thread that in Autumn I tend to dye my hair red and in Summer blonde!

Othala
September 13th, 2012, 04:19 AM
I want to cut back to waist. this happens every autumn (sigh) and so far I have given in to the urge. Will this year be any different I ask myself?

shutterpillar
September 13th, 2012, 04:50 AM
I don't know if it is my subconscious trying to call for change or what, but I have the sudden urge to grow my bangs back out again. I really do love them on me, but it would be nice to just throw them back in a ponytail like I used to do when they were long. It would also be nice to not have to trim them every 3 weeks.

decisions decisions.

Nae
September 13th, 2012, 05:02 AM
I think I have been wanting a change but not to do with my hair. (I do need to buy more henna but that is just incidental, I have been hennaing for years now.) My changes are month long resolutions to do something about deep-cleaning my house and starting to lose weight, by the time a month goes by it should be more habit, new cleaning routines, new eating habits. It is getting easier already.

I personally can't WAIT until frost, the ragweed will be killed off and I will be able to have a more normal life again. Darn allergies.

FrannyG
September 13th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I had a really strong urge to cut during the summer, but that seems to have abated. Now that autumn is coming at last, after a very hot summer, I'm just concentrating on growing my hair. I'm also focusing on losing a few pounds so that I actually have a waist when my hair reaches waist length this winter.

noelgirl
September 13th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I'm two-week-ruling a cut right now - without the humidity, my wurls are collapsing under their own weight.

wendylai
September 13th, 2012, 02:34 PM
So many posts here! Glad to hear I'm not in this alone :)

I think part of this could be that living in scandinavia Ill be wearing a hat a lot soon, so much about eloquate up-do's and all that! Anyways I have managed, at least for now to postpone the urge to cut/color and try to do it after christmas. On the other hand that doesnt make sense as the festive season would be great to show off the new hair.

Part of all this is, that I think I will never make it to the waist. It's not that my hair is thin, but it's fragile and simply seems to break at mid-back. So a little bit of desperation is poking its head up here too :poot:

If you end up making the changes.. pleeeeeasee.. Before and After photoes :p

Dovetail
September 13th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I really wanted a change too, so I got a fringe! I didn't have to cut my length <3 but I got a neat change, and one thats easy to grow out if I want to.

Othala
September 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
In order to abate my compulsion to cut my hair...I bought a lovely Ushanka today.

ArienEllariel
September 13th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Yep, I went blonde. :) As soon as my laptop is fixed I'll upload pics.

TeaGarden
September 13th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I'm dreading Saturday. I'm going to my natural color for the first time since I was in 6th grade. I wonder if I'll hate it as much as I did then.

On the bright side, if I don't like it I can always start using henna and never have to deal with chemical dye again. :)

twoLs118
September 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM
YESSS!!! i want to dye my hair dark, but im trying to be good

kitcatsmeow
September 13th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I decided get low lights to blend my regrowth which then gave me the idea to go for my long lost childhood hair color of strawberry blonde....which I found! <3

Indigostreams
September 13th, 2012, 06:54 PM

I must instinctively want to blend in with the falling leaves. :laugh:

Me too! I always get this intense urge to go brownish-reddish in Fall/Winter and blonde in the Spring and Summer. But I am fighting it and trying to embrace my natural color for the first time in years.

CurlySasha
September 19th, 2012, 04:53 PM
For those of you interested in my pink dip-dye, it's now my avatar :)
(Please excuse the state of my hair, it was one of the very rare times I left my hair down for school and half my grade was touching and "boinging" my curls :D)

Tisiloves
September 19th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I'm considering a dip bleach/dye, but I think that's more an "I'm about to start micro-trimming/maintaining to let my undercut catch up, I may as well have one last bleachy hurrah" than an Autumn itch for change.

akilina
September 19th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I would love to bleach something and color it a fun color but I know that I will just dye over it black the next month so I must refrain!

On the other hand, I am really itching to just CHOP my hair off to collar bone again... Last year it was because my hair was really damaged and way too thin.
Now this year I want to chop again to help grow out my undercut in the long run, and once again, my ends are pretty thin..not as thin but thin again ;/. The other thing is that I am just dying to get rid of the layers...
I sooo do not know what to do :(
2 months ago I told myself that if I still wanted to chop at this time in the future, I would do it. I decided not to...but now I want to again but will wait until January to really decide and give my hair a change to possibly get to BSL.

Bianca
September 19th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yeees. It sucks. I love my natural color, but still I get those urges sometimes. Just to do SOMETHING... I dont know what. Ombre is on my mind a lot. Just lightening the ends a little. But I dont think I would ever dare :D

BabyFirefly
September 20th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Me too! I want a change and henna is on my mind. No chemical dyes or cutting, just henna henna henna. But since I'm finally almost back to my natural color (just a few inches of bleached hair in the hem) after years and years of coloring I'm a bit hesitant. But I don't know what henna would look like on my hair or if I would get tired of it after a few months so I'll probably just ride it out and maybe order some cassia instead.

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
I had an urge to use chemical dye but resisted.

Applegirl84
September 23rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
I feel the urge to have waiver/curly hair in the fall ... been experimenting with rag curls, braid waves ect since I've sworn off damaging hot rollers (but man did the results look great *sigh*)

I also am in the mood for flowy knit sweaters and boots. I quite like fall :heart:

Vrindi
September 23rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
I'm so excited for autumn and even more excited to say good bye to 115° temps! As for changing my hair, right now it could use a baking soda rinse because of the horrible water here, and I've put honey in my shampoo, which seems to help with the shine. It also seems to bring out my highlights more. I'm not feeling any need to cut/dye or anything, but I am feeling greedy for hair sticks/toys, especially of the Halloween or autumn variety.

TheVegan6
September 23rd, 2013, 04:28 PM
I want red hair for fall soooooo badly. But I can henna that. Awesomeness! I'm also thinking about getting a major cut. 2, maybe even 2.5 inches.

clioariane
September 23rd, 2013, 05:19 PM
I kinda want a trim to get rid of some layers but at the same time I'm so close to BSL I don't want to sacrifice any length! I think I'll purchase some coconut oil and sulfate-free shampoo instead to experiment with :)

Northerner
September 23rd, 2013, 07:32 PM
I want to take biotin 5 mg for 3 months to have thicker hair and faster growth, so that I can have presentable hair by Christmas (am growing from pixie haircut of last Christmas). But I am scared because of recent experience with large doses of vit A and resultant hair loss.

0xalis
September 24th, 2013, 12:42 AM
The only change I want is for my hair to miraculously start growing an inch per month *sigh*
Autumn is my favourite season though, so I'm super excited to see the world change :D

Coolcombination
September 24th, 2013, 03:39 AM
I feel the need to chop a light fringe....I feel restless...

HairFaerie
September 24th, 2013, 09:15 AM
I did...I used semi-permanent NaturTint in Terra Cotta Blonde (which is actually really red)! It's a nice deep, rich red and I LOVE it! I think it's perfect for fall!

Stray_mind
September 24th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I think everyone has this itch to try something different in the new season ;). I'm thinking of layers, but everytime i do, i stop myself, cause i know i'll hate them later, maybe i'll do it when i reach my goal. Instead i think i'll buy some nice hairtoys next month and maybe have a tiny micro trim.

HintOfMint
September 24th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I'm toying with the idea of using something to make my brownish black hair into a richer, more jet black. The sun bleached it a bit this summer and I'd like a more pure black for the fall and winter.

I'm also itching for a change in length, but unfortunately it just requires being patient for another year as my hair grows to classic.

rose313
September 24th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I have both Manic Panic Rock and Roll Red and Ultraviolet at home that I'm probably going to use...I want some streaks or something.

gogirlanime
September 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I decided to get a cute bob wig to weak to protect my hair, it's cool enough in the Autumn and winter to do it. I still do love straight bob cuts but I love my long hair even more. That way with a wig I get to be a short hair in the winter to get that urge out of the way :)