PDA

View Full Version : Massage causing itch

remote-spook
September 11th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I don't know if this is normal so I thought I'd ask you lovelies. I have been trying to stimulate hair grow by massaging my scalp. The issue is that after the massage, my scalp itches for several hours. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to stop it? I really don't want to take my nails to my scalp which seems to be a no no, but I honestly don't know why that is. So any help would be appreciated.

Carriegirl
September 11th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I know when my hair is going through a growth spurt my scalp gets very itchy. Massage does stimulate growth, though I don't know if itching immediately afterwards would be growth itching. Who knows though? As for relieving the itch, Aloe Vera Gel works great for that! It really soothes and is so good for your scalp and hair.

remote-spook
September 11th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I know when my hair is going through a growth spurt my scalp gets very itchy. Massage does stimulate growth, though I don't know if itching immediately afterwards would be growth itching. Who knows though? As for relieving the itch, Aloe Vera Gel works great for that! It really soothes and is so good for your scalp and hair.

Oh I've got plenty of that! I'll have to try it and see if it helps at all. Thanks!

Bedhead
September 11th, 2012, 09:53 PM
It's possible the massage just serves to loosen any dead skin that might have been hanging around. Try scritching - lightly scratch your scalp with your nails - it's only a no no if you scratch hard. Then do another quick massage.

lmfbs
September 11th, 2012, 09:55 PM
It's possible the massage just serves to loosen any dead skin that might have been hanging around. Try scritching - lightly scratch your scalp with your nails - it's only a no no if you scratch hard. Then do another quick massage.

I recommend using a clean comb rather than your nails - there's all sorts of greeblies hanging out under your nails, and believe me, you don't want an infection on your scalp.

Allychan
September 11th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Probably just the increase in blood flow and circulation making your scalp more sensitive and itchy??