PDA

View Full Version : Definite change in sebum quality.

lionessmane
September 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Hi all,

I wash my hair with Mane n'Tail conditioner and occasionally I calrify with baking soda. I have been doing this for maybe a year, still having thin hair.

So I have been taking supplements for little over a month now(evening primrose oil,biotin, silica and msm/glucosamine, food grade b-complex, calcium orotate, iron from black strap molasses) and there is a definite change in the quality of sebum being produced. I know for sure now that it wasn't my imagination.

The sebum being produced is thicker, it makes my hair heavy and shiny, not really oily, although anything will make my super thin hair look flat and greasy. Interestingly, my super wide part seems less wide whenever I let the sebum accumulate. I am assuming that it changes the texture of the hair, making it less flat.

My hair no longer breaks off now as long as I brush the sebum through the entire length of it. Before, it was breaking like straw, terrible. Now the entire length of my hair is much stronger.

Has anyone noticed this happening after they have taken one or more of said supplements? I think I am also noticing new little hairs sprouting on my scalp. Let us hope. I really want thick hair!