PDA

View Full Version : Dry hair?

pocketfulla
September 11th, 2012, 04:52 AM
I have super dry hair... I don't use heat, I wash it once or twice a week. Oiling my hair doesn't seem to do anything! I've tried deep conditioning treatments
& they don't do much. It's so dry, thick & frizzy. Help anyone? :)

Also I think my hair type is 2b?

Suze2012
September 11th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Have you tried co washing?

It's one of the things which has hugely helped my hair along with deep treats once a week.

pocketfulla
September 11th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Have you tried co washing?

It's one of the things which has hugely helped my hair along with deep treats once a week.

I have.. But my roots got really greasy & I'm still in school. I could try it though. Maybe I will. Thanks! :)

Suze2012
September 11th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Must admit I haven't had that problem but when I first started with it I scrubbed a lot and used a lot of co.

Many people find that leaving the condish on for a while before rinsing can help break down the greasies.

Otherwise yu could try a sulphate free shampoo which is gentler on your hair and deep treat the lengths once a week with coconut oil.
If I forget the deep treats my hair does get dryer on the lengths and ends.

Mindy
September 11th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Have you tried CWC? That has helped to tame the frizzies a lot for me. Basically you coat the ends of your hair with conditioner, then wash your scalp with shampoo, rinse, then follow up with an all over conditioner. this gets your scalp nice and clean, while protecting your ends.

My hair was very dry from years of chemical and heat abuse. I tried lots of moisturizing treatments. None of them did much good. Then I did a honey lightening treatment and my hair felt softer and more moisturized than it had in years. I mixed equal parts honey (you can heat it up a bit first to negate any lightening effects) with Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner, and left it on my hair for about an hour.

As far as oils go, Argan oil is the only one I've tried so far that seems to work with my hair. EVOO and coconut oil made it feel even more brittle and dry.

Madora
September 11th, 2012, 07:57 AM
It might be you've been using too much products on your hair to help moisturize it. Hair can dry out that way.

You might try limiting what you put on your hair (i.e. diluting your shampoo and conditioner) and using as little oil as possible.

Also, mineral oil (aka baby oil) might be of interest. Not only does it help keep moisture in your hair longer, it also helps calm frizzies and is a great detangler. It is very lightweight and has no after scent.

More about MO:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=225

MO works best on hair that has been clarified first, but can also be used effectively on damp (not soaking) hair, or dry hair.

Good luck!

jojo
September 11th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I have.. But my roots got really greasy & I'm still in school. I could try it though. Maybe I will. Thanks! :)

Try rinsing it a little longer, you really have to rinse quite a bit or you get the greasy roots and finish with a cooler rinse!

starlamelissa
September 11th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I like regular sulphate shampoo and coney condish, with a little leave in condish and a drop of baby oil right on ends after showers. HTH