PDA

View Full Version : John Frieda Sheer Blonde Products?

Ashlbee
September 9th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Hey guys!

So, I have a question about the JF line of sheet blonde for those familiar with it. I've never used the Go Blonder ones, just the: strengthening ones, highlight activating ones for lighter blondes, and for all blonde types.

My biggest question is the "highlight activating". This isn't a bleach or peroxide type reaction right? I certainly don't want damage of any kind and have no desire to change my hair color! I just bought the products because I thought they were good for blonde hair (yay marketing... Haha).

I'm considering switching. I am a daily shampoo and conditioner person, with cones and SLS, mostly because my hair gets greasy overnight and it's what I've always known and done, sorta scared to change it up! (work, school, you know, don't want icky hair on a failed trial day!). I tried Suave shampoo and conditioner but it made my air a tangled mess, and I haven't had any dry problems with the JF products like I've heard. But then again, maybe my hair is dry and I only think it is soft and healthy due to cones?????

Sigh.

Suggestions for a good daily shampoo and conditioner or even CO only, with or without SLS and cones that would be healthy for my hair?

Thank you so much!

HylianGirl
September 9th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Sorry double post, see post below ^-^

HylianGirl
September 9th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I CO wash with garnier fructis triple oil nutrisse (I think that's the name it had in the USA, it is cone-free, btw). When I tried CO washing I did it on a day I wasn't going to leave home, so that if it turned out bad no one would see xD but then again even if you have to leave home try and updo or something if it doens't turn out the way you wanted. Changing the routine can be really good, don't be afraid to try it, the worse that could happen is you having bad hair for a day, imagine if your current routine is damaging your hair, how much damage could accumulate over the years without you noticing.

Anyway, I don't know that line of products, but there is one thing that is very important: do not trust marketing! They do this thing called "lying to get money". When you wanna know if a product is really good or not, go ask information from people who used it (though since that's what you are doing here on LHC, you are on the right track ^-^) And if you wanna know if it has peroxide or anything like that, simply read the ingredients on the bottle, it shoud say so there ^-^

Mrstran
November 10th, 2016, 09:43 AM
I know this thread is old, but I'm going to add incase anyone searches for this in the future.

Based on my personal experience, this is my opinion.

I've used the JF go blonder shampoo & conditioner and it seemed to severely dry out my hair. I knew it was sort of a diluted bleach wash, so this was to be expected. However, the damage was 10 times worse than I expected. My damage was equivalent to a full on 20 vol bleach by the end of 2 weeks of use. (Minus the lighter hair!) All this product did was damage. Not worth the money.

Larki
November 10th, 2016, 11:04 AM
I've never used Go Blonder, but Sheer Blonde contains no peroxide. It's essentially just clarifying your hair and removing build up.

lapushka
November 10th, 2016, 11:09 AM
I've never used Go Blonder, but Sheer Blonde contains no peroxide. It's essentially just clarifying your hair and removing build up.

Yes, I was a little confused by that as well, as I've seen non-blondes use it too. ;)

littlestarface
November 10th, 2016, 11:14 AM
I used to use the shampoo no peroxide just chamomile turmeric etc in it but they did a formula change for some stupid reason and my hair didn't like it anymore so I dropped it. Now I use it to clean my shower I wish it had bleach in it lol.