PDA

View Full Version : hair stick saves the day

spirals
September 9th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I dropped my car key between the seats. I got out and went around to the side, with my bottom embarrassingly up in the air, and fished for it. I could see it, but couldn't quite get at it. And then I remembered the handy tool in my hair. I slid it out and used it to push the key toward me from the back. Hair sticks are my secret superpower.

MinderMutsig
September 9th, 2012, 12:52 PM
LOL

They also come in handy to push the holey thing to reset the clock in the car, use as chopsticks to eat with and to keep a knitted vest closed if you lost the button.

jacqueline101
September 9th, 2012, 01:49 PM
That's a good story. I like that.

Chimom79
September 9th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Gotta love hairsticks! They are awesome multi-purpose tools!

Lady Neeva
September 9th, 2012, 02:34 PM
May I ask which shop did you purchase your hairstick from?

spirals
September 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM
My mom found chopsticks somewhere and painted them for me. They are very pointy because she whittled them down. I can't get her to warm up to the idea of selling them, but she's ok with selling stuff she sews. Oh, funny story--when my brother was 9 or 10, the Kevin Costner Robin Hood movie came out, and of course my brother was into arrows and such. My mom tried to make some. She used a kitchen knife to whittle the points. It was too dull and her hand slipped and cut her finger to the bone. Oh, it was weird looking at bone. She was fine, got it stitched up in the ER. When the nerve she'd cut started to mend, her finger would vibrate involuntarily and she'd chase us around with it while we screamed "Ewwww!" My mom is the crazy kind of hilarious.