PDA

View Full Version : Braid waves that look nice not frazzled and unnatural?

jessicac1
September 9th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hello all!
I have a question for all the experienced braiding people.
When I braid my hair in a regular 3 strand braid or french braid, I get crinkles at the bottom which look messy and not smooth or natural looking.
My hair is F ii, just past BSL and 1a/b, it is also layered so the ends are thinner than the middle or top.
Does anyone have any tips on how to get natural looking smooth braid waves?
Thanks!

MinderMutsig
September 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I suggest twin french braids and braiding in parandi that are longer than your hair so the braidwaves go all the way to the very ends.

Kelikea
September 9th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I don't know if this counts, but whatever braids I choose to do, then roll the ends in a sponge roller, not elastic.

Madora
September 9th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Perhaps only braiding partially down and leaving the last 3 inches unbraided?

Saryn Jumail
September 9th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I just get the ends wet a bit after I take it out of the elastic (the last inch or so), and let them dry naturally like that.

spidermom
September 9th, 2012, 01:27 PM
The trick to nice braid waves is french or dutch braid all the way to the ends (as close as possible), wrap a piece of ribbon around the bottom of the braid, then put your elastic over that. It prevents the dented ends look. Also, carefully unbraid your hair but do not comb or brush. Especially do not brush. You can arrange the direction with your fingers, but don't finger-comb through; that's where the frizz comes from.

pepperminttea
September 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I suggest twin french braids and braiding in parandi that are longer than your hair so the braidwaves go all the way to the very ends.

Another vote for this; love paranda braidwaves! :) A bit of leave-in before hand is a good idea to stop them drying out too, which should also reduce the frazzledness later.

jessicac1
September 9th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the tips! will try these suggestions out, after all if it doesnt turn out right I can just leave it braided :) I think a leave in would definately help :) Ive got overnight curls down now so its just waves left to conquer xD