PDA

View Full Version : Discouraged

Sammie_holms
September 9th, 2012, 08:20 AM
So I have been sort absent for a while with this forum. Just sort of lurking around at the new posts. But lately I have been feeling so discouraged with my hair. I feel like I don't see any progress. It seems to have stopped growing all together. And it is frizzy and my bangs are too short, or the cow lick is stupid. GAH!

I will post pictures but I haven't figured out how. I just needed to vent and maybe find some encouraging thoughts..

sakuraemily
September 9th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Ah, that happens to all of us. Your hair might not look so bad to others as it does to you. So cheer up. Maybe you can try modifying your routine a bit. or maybe you can get a trim.
It'll pass.

spidermom
September 9th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I agree with Sakuraemily. Sometimes I feel that way because of the number of split ends that I get.

Get a picture once a month to every 2 months. You'll see progress.

Sammie_holms
September 9th, 2012, 09:13 AM
because I can not seem to figure out how to post pictures, here is my picasa web album. Hopefully the link works.

https://picasaweb.google.com/111914794192062475282/September92012#5786193656229214050

Macaroni
September 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM
because I can not seem to figure out how to post pictures, here is my picasa web album. Hopefully the link works.

https://picasaweb.google.com/111914794192062475282/September92012#5786193656229214050

It said Sorry, that page was not found.

spidermom
September 9th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I get the same message.

Sammie_holms
September 9th, 2012, 10:07 AM
okay, I think I fixed it. I am just getting used to picasa

DinaAG
September 9th, 2012, 12:47 PM
your hair seems really lovely :) may be scalp oil massage might help but just be patient and love it, its great really ♥

Winnie!
September 9th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I see nothing wrong with your hair. We all get frustrated, especially with hair as it takes so long to see major change. But if it is something you really want, hang in there! You'll get there. :blossom:

Kelikea
September 9th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I don't think it looks frizzy, and, since it is from the back, can't comment on the bangs. Maybe it would feel better if you did an SMT? Oh, and a headband can hide the bangs while they grow out a bit.

jacqueline101
September 9th, 2012, 01:54 PM
If your bangs are like mine they grow so fast you will be ready for a trim in two months or less. Maybe you could wear a decoration in your hair to draw people from looking at the troubled areas.

bunzfan
September 9th, 2012, 02:33 PM
You have a head of lovely thick hair there keep with it, you should of seen mine when i started it would make you :lol:

spookyghost
September 9th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I really like your hair. And I like how it lays and waves at the bottom. Please dont get discouraged. Im discouraged about my hair too but I keep telling myself that it HAS to get better-right?:pray:

lapushka
September 9th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I see nothing wrong with your hair. We all get frustrated, especially with hair as it takes so long to see major change. But if it is something you really want, hang in there! You'll get there. :blossom:

This. ^^ Hang in there, it will get better the longer it gets. Trust me. :D These in-between lengths can be so blah. They can make you feel miserable. But it gets better. :flower:

Sammie_holms
September 9th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Thank you guys for all the nice comments.. It seems when I have a bad hair day/frustrated at hair, I get one compliment that makes me feel a bit better. I am just in that awkward too long APL not yet BSL. TAKING FOREVER!

Sammie_holms
September 17th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Oh and to continue this a bit, how long does it look to you? I know it is not the best picture but I have a hard time finding out length..

catamonica
September 17th, 2012, 08:51 AM
My hair stalled at waist two years ago. I started wearing it up. Now it's at hip. I hope this helps. Your hair is beautiful!

teal
September 17th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I really like the colour of your hair! As for cowlicks, I have one which is quite ornery. I don't care for it much. It's one of the reasons I ditched the bangs many years ago, though not the main reason. (The real reason is that I just don't like to have bangs! :D) Having the weight of longer hair made it more docile.

Henrietta
September 17th, 2012, 10:03 AM
If your ends feel dry, maybe they're damaged. Do they feel dry? You may lose more length due to crumbling, than you gain. Trim maybe? Small one.
In such situations, the less you care the better it becomes. Same with updos, at least for me. Find yourself around 10 new updos tonight, so that you'll have something to enjoy, if it's not the length. And forget about the length. In two months you should be surprised :)

gthlvrmx
September 17th, 2012, 01:07 PM
If your ends feel dry, maybe they're damaged. Do they feel dry? You may lose more length due to crumbling, than you gain. Trim maybe? Small one.
In such situations, the less you care the better it becomes. Same with updos, at least for me. Find yourself around 10 new updos tonight, so that you'll have something to enjoy, if it's not the length. And forget about the length. In two months you should be surprised :)

and moisturiizzze! :D yes as long as your hair is pretty healthy to start with, benign neglect really works :)

justgreen
September 17th, 2012, 01:25 PM
My goodnes your hair is so thick and pretty! Don't be discouraged, your hair will be an inch longer in no time. Inch by inch, patience and lots of water, good food and treating your hair nice, it will reward you!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 17th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Yes to what everyone has said. We all have days or even weeks when we feel disgusted with our hair. The answer to that is to keep it moisturised, and keep it up to protect the ends from damage and to allow it to grow when we aren't noticing:)

Try that for a couple of months and then get a nice surprise!