PDA

View Full Version : Ultrabella tutorial request pleeeeeeeease :)

GracieRae
September 8th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I LOOOOOVE ultrabella's hair and who the heck doesn't?!?!! Am I right?! So, I think it would be awesome if she would post exactly how she uses the Caruso rollers. No matter what I do mine looks like I slept on it or Shirley temple or just...... Not good. So, whaddaya think Ultrabella? Pretty please :)

sazzie88
September 12th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I second this vote. I know my hair lacks volume but I live in hope..... Pls ultrabella your hair is sooo pwetty :)

Dovetail
September 12th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Oh please oh please oh please!! I have the Caruso rollers but they do *nothing* but kink my hair at the bottom! T.T I'd love to know how to use them "for real" without all the hairspray ect ect that is usually featured in youtube tutorials.

piffyanne
September 12th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Checking in to add my pleas!! Share your hair with us! :blossom:

cubedcoley
September 12th, 2012, 09:19 PM
:bowtome: yes please UB!!!!!

UltraBella
September 12th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Oh my, a YouTube tutorial huh ?
I love my Caruso so much that I am willing to consider it, but I have never made a tutorial before. I don't even know how to post a video to YouTube, but it can't be THAT hard. And I do have some excellent Caruso tricks ;)
I am not sure what day I would have time, maybe over the weekend ?

Someone might have to post a tutorial on making a tutorial, lol !!

piffyanne
September 13th, 2012, 01:15 AM
I love my Caruso so much that I am willing to consider it, but I have never made a tutorial before. I don't even know how to post a video to YouTube, but it can't be THAT hard. And I do have some excellent Caruso tricks ;)

(Bold mine) If someone does, let me know!

I keep getting requests for the Recamier (the back of my head in my avatar, and in my profile pic on my profile page) Coiffure, but the process of documenting it is so daunting that I don't know where to start!

I'm sure you'll make an excellent one! :cheer: I'll be slurking about with an eye on the thread for updates! :eye:

leslissocool
September 13th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Heck I want caruso Ultrabella tutorial too! And Piffyanne too, I LOVE that hairdo I can never get it right!

longhairedleah
September 13th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Heck I want caruso Ultrabella tutorial too! And Piffyanne too, I LOVE that hairdo I can never get it right!

Ditto!! me too!

Bookloverlori
September 13th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Me too! :wave:

DarkSky
September 13th, 2012, 11:59 AM
UB I have been wondering how you do it too. From start to finish eg. what your wash /dry routine is, what products you use in your hair before you use the rollers and of course how you use them. I haven't had much success with mine and so far it's sitting in a corner in my room collecting dust but I want to give it another try especially since I've seen your amazing results.

auroraclio
September 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Yes please do a tutorial!

eros
September 13th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Please do one! I can't wait (:

Anje
September 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I know I'd appreciate a guide in how to do it.

Youtube's not hard. Just record a video with your ipad or whatever device you prefer and take it from there.

pepperminttea
September 13th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I'd also be interested to see how you work your magic, UB! :D

If you've got good light, a quiet environment, and an angle we can see everything from (or a willing cameraman!), you're more or less set. :)

mckenzie
September 13th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Finally a reason to celebrate my lack of moviestar hair - no one will ever "bug" me to make a hair-related tutorial! :D

Maverick494
September 13th, 2012, 02:20 PM

Well, most good tutorials have an intro where they show the final result. Then they go back to the 'before' hair and say/show which tools/products they use.

They then describe the process and show it. If you want a short tutorial, you can play around with speeds. So for example, when putting in the rollers, show the first 3/4 in normal speed, then speed up the rest until you get to the other side, show some at normal speed again and the rest fast forwarded until you get to the end. Show what you do before bedtime, do you wear a cap, do you have a special pillow, etc. Then show yourself taking them out and the final result.

An example of what I consider to be a good tutorial structure wise is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8InCFpy0FQ&hd=1

Cute girls hairstyles also has a very nice and clear way of showing the hairstyles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dfKIKTwLEQ

It shows everything the viewer wants to know.

You can use windows movie maker to edit, or do it online for free here: http://www.cellsea.com/media/vindex.htm
If you have Mac, you can use IMovie, which is very useful for this sort of thing.

Hope this helps. If I sounded like capt. Obvious I don't mean to be. But you asked so I wanted to cover everything because I too am very much looking forward to any tutorial you may do. :joy::cheer:

teal
September 13th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Ooh, definitely interested! I've tried the Caruso twice so far and while I certainly haven't given up, I'm interested in seeing it done the LHC way. ;)

BrightEyes
September 13th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I'd love to see how you do your Caruso curls too. I also love curling my hair with them, so am interested in how you do yours. And I want to know what your tricks are:D

TeaGarden
September 13th, 2012, 06:19 PM
I love Ultrabella's hair! And Piffyane's too! I hope you both figure them out. :3

UltraBella
September 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I am planning on washing my hair tonight and trimming my ends, I am hoping I can do the tutorial tomorrow or Sunday but I don't know yet. The weekends tend to be busy for me but I figure I should just do it and have pretty curls to enjoy :)

~honeyflower~
September 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I am planning on washing my hair tonight and trimming my ends, I am hoping I can do the tutorial tomorrow or Sunday but I don't know yet. The weekends tend to be busy for me but I figure I should just do it and have pretty curls to enjoy :)

Yay! :joy:

Someday
September 15th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Great -- would love to see it!

GracieRae
September 15th, 2012, 12:09 PM
My post wasn't getting any love and like 200 ppl saw it and didn't post. Then I check in today and lots of ladies agree! yay!!! Even better, UB (my hair idol) has possibly agreed!!!! Weeeeeeeee!!! So excited :D

hermosamendoza
September 15th, 2012, 02:00 PM
haha I was so confused...pregnancy brain...I kept reading Umbrella's hair!!!!

Maybe
September 15th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Great news since I juat got some Caruso rollers and I suck at doing it!

LaLaBella
September 16th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I got some today. I have no idea what to do with hair longer than shoulder length other than some variation on a theme of updo.

tarn
September 16th, 2012, 07:24 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:Ooooh, I need some direction and motivation with mine too. Can't wait!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

UltraBella
September 17th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Hi guys, you're going to have to wait a bit longer. Sorry :(

I can't find my battery charger that goes to my camera - it's a Canon and it takes nice videos as well as great pictures. But not when the battery is dead obviously. It's just a little square that you pop the battery into and then plug into a wall outlet. I am wondering if I can find a replacement locally, I have looked just about everywhere here at home .......

AnqeIicDemise
September 17th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Hi guys, you're going to have to wait a bit longer. Sorry :(

I can't find my battery charger that goes to my camera - it's a Canon and it takes nice videos as well as great pictures. But not when the battery is dead obviously. It's just a little square that you pop the battery into and then plug into a wall outlet. I am wondering if I can find a replacement locally, I have looked just about everywhere here at home .......

Best Buy may have it.

ETA: oh yeah, they have tons of replacement batteries. If i could get a replacement charger I'd be set for my old kodak point and shoot.

teal
September 17th, 2012, 09:28 AM
D'oh! I hate it when I can't find something I've misplaced, though lately it hasn't been me misplacing my stuff.. :doh:

browneyedsusan
September 17th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I wonder how long a girl's hair needs to be to get those fabulous waves? :hmm: :D

TiffanieJean
October 29th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I finally bought Caruso Rollers a few weeks ago. I've had a little trouble figuring them out. I can't wait to see your tutorial!

Cirafly24
October 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I'd also love a Caruso tutorial. I've tried mine a few times and had zero results...no curls at all! Frustrating.

Xxanderia
December 12th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Any new updates with the possible tutorial? I'm anxiously awaiting!

Annibelle
December 12th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I just saw this. I've been considering swapping my Caruso, but I'll hold off until I see the tutorial... :)

bouclée
February 1st, 2013, 04:02 AM
Up :)
I've just found this thread because I'm considering buying a caruso...
Ultrabella, did you eventually do a tutorial? Is it to be find somewhere?:flower:

SleepyTangles
February 1st, 2013, 04:20 AM
I second bouclée question! I'd too love to see UltraBella tutorial...

Xxanderia
May 25th, 2019, 12:23 PM
Going through all of the old posts I had subscribed to once upon a time. Does anyone know if UltraBella ever made a tutorial on these? Or if not, if there is a youtube video somewhere out there that achieves the same results?