PDA

View Full Version : SO begs you not to cut hair

hermosamendoza
September 8th, 2012, 06:25 PM
It seems that every time i get my hair to APL I get an itch to cut it to one length if it has layers. Then if I don't have layers I get to APL and cut layer. YES it's a vicious cycle.

I just asked my husband (SO- significant other) "Do you think I should just get regular trims every month or so to get the last bits of blonde off the ends or should I cut it all one length to get it done with at once."

I hadn't got the entire thought out and he stopped me "Wait until your hair is longer to cut it more than a trim." Hey at least he's being vocal about my hair now...and advocate for long hair :p

akilina
September 8th, 2012, 06:46 PM
LOL my bf is the same!! I am like "ugh I just want to chop off all my hair to *here* and he goes 'Uh yeah, no. Don't do that'"
It is almost support in a way. He hates short hair. It keeps me from chopping all my hair short and while I would like to, short is not an option because (shallow or not) I do not want to appear unattractive in any way to my boyfriend.

spidermom
September 8th, 2012, 06:55 PM
If you want to grow long, this is supportive.
If not, it's annoying, I'm sure.

DH refuses to tell me what he thinks I should do with my hair, which is only fair since I told him what I would like for his hair, and he told me "it's my hair. I'll do what I like." (which is keep it 1 inch or shorter)

sunshine-locks
September 8th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Yes, totally :P He's really excited to see my hair grow long!

Any time that I suggest that I get it cut, he's like "nooooo don't cut it pleeease! " hehe

katfemme89
September 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I think my husband would be supportive even if I wanted to shave my head. I know he would be kinda disappointed but he always tries to support me. But I never want to cut my hair so I don't really think the topic has ever come up. When I tell him I'm trimming dead ends off my hair he's like "oh ok that's good it keeps it healthy, right?" :D

But I think it's good that you have someone who will keep you on the long hair path, if that's what you want to do.

Ligeia_13
September 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Haha :D I've been wanting to cut a Zooey Deschanel style fringe for a few weeks now but I'm undecided. My boyfriend isn't helping, every time I bring it up he goes "Pleeeeeease don't do iiit."

:p

AcornMystic
September 9th, 2012, 10:35 AM
My husband is the same way. He supports my endeavour to reach great lengths and even finds humour in my (somewhat compulsive; almost like a dog) distraction of long hair when I see it. I've mentioned it before on here, but during our honeymoon he even assisted me in using a measuring tape to see the length I'd need to reach to achieve knee. He thinks long hair looks good on me. He is also very excited for me and looks forward to being able to interact with it himself (he loves to play with my hair). I think if I were to cut it any shorter than shoulder (or much shorter as it grows longer) he would show some disappointment (everyone has what they like so I can't blame him) but he always finds a way to love me, because it is still me and my choice. He was just recently up here visiting me, left this morning in fact, and helped me trim my hair since it's difficult to do it at this short length. Now I can be sure its straight and it will discourage me from cutting anymore because he did it and I won't get to see him for a while longer now. He really is a doll towards my hair goals and the focus I put on my hair and hair in general. Yay for awesome SOs. ^.^

Kelikea
September 9th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Haha :D I've been wanting to cut a Zooey Deschanel style fringe for a few weeks now but I'm undecided. My boyfriend isn't helping, every time I bring it up he goes "Pleeeeeease don't do iiit."

:p

I was totally thinking this, too! HB said no way, and after trying on wigs with my S-mom (losing hair to cancer treatments) I decided my eyebrows don't go with bangs.

Anyways...HB likes my hair long. He is very supportive of whatever I want, within reason. We always ask each other before making decisions on our hair(yes, he even asks how/if he should shave or trim his beard.) My hair got cut a lot almost 3 years ago when I was supposed to only get a trim. He was very upset. He just doesn't like it if it gets so long that he sits on it or it gets tangled in his arm when he is next to me. He loves braids, so really, it can get that long again as long as I remember to braid it so he doesn't sit or get tangled in it!

But yes, if I tell him that I am going to go get a hair cut, he will ask me not to cut, only to trim. I'm sure if I hated my hair, or if it was very damaged or thinning, he would be supportive of me cutting it, if I really wanted to. Its nice to know that he thinks my hair is beautiful!

ladonna
September 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I never thought about growing my hair past shoulder length until my dh told my he preferred long hair.

spookyghost
September 9th, 2012, 05:27 PM
My husband is very supportive of everything I do. I can also count on him for his honest opinion. He will tell me, whether I want to hear it or not, the honest to goodness truth!

That said-he hates short hair. Hates it with a passion. I wouldnt dare come home with short hair. And short hair to him is shoulder length. Im bsl. Im ok with this because I also love long hair, on me-not him. So its not like Im dying to cut my hair but I cant because of my hubby. So theres no issues with that-thank goodness.

Now the one thing that I really really love and he hates-tatoos. I love tatoos. Love them. If he was covered in them I wouldnt mind a bit. Neither of us have any. Since I know how much he doesnt like them, I cant get one. I just cant get something that I know would turn my husband off. Its a respect thing. But Id get one in a minute if he changed his mind!