PDA

View Full Version : MY HAIR, DAUGHTER'S HAIR and EXTRAS (pic heavy)

UltraBella
September 8th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Hello LHCers, I haven't been around much. Work, life and the great Montana outdoors has left me little time for online posting but summer is winding down and I am popping in here more often. Once winter hits you'll see me a lot more often !

Back on April 10th I cut my TBL hair to BSL. It was a huge change for me but I have loved it. It's grown quite a bit and I am thinking it's trim time again in the very near future, but here's a photo update for now.

Sorry for the terrible cell phone pic. April 10th length after cut :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/B0FC8177-4879-46BC-BA5C-7329FEB2A701-9121-00000BEB8CB2DF27.jpg

Here is my length now :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/70e630f32b2293e8b0a8385c1f85dc6a.jpg

My layers have kept their shape and grown out nicely, I still really love them :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/47e9a5c87c5eb9ac32d746fcf7bb0854.jpg

Another length shot :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/00900ff681a04330aea7e46130f7ccdd.jpg

Now for my daughter, many of you have seen her pics in previous threads and she had colored her hair a darker brown and grown it out longer. The brown was just a Demi color so when it faded out she decided to go for the Ombré look. She liked it but the summer fun & sun just took a toll and by the start of school she was ready for a new look. She is a junior in high school this year and she decided it was time for a big change. She's really happy with it. It works with her natural texture, she just showers and lets it dry, uses a bit of scrunching mousse.

Here she is in the chair getting ready for her makeover :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/4B8D870D-D65F-466F-9620-86D98BF45121-9121-00000BEB327C576C.jpg

And here is her after :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/8C5A4CED-4485-441C-B9F3-FAA7FEEDAF9B-9121-00000BEB44D837D6.jpg

Two days later, the first day of school :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/FDA54408-C381-4960-A182-2275E52071E5-9121-00000BEB57516802.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/A5584CC4-7DDA-4684-AEDC-714B265F3B53-9121-00000BEB5FE251DA.jpg

And just for fun, here's a recent pic of Tito, one of my fur babies. Please forgive his extra long nails, he had two days until his trim appt :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/6A3FFC1E-C2F5-462F-888F-DDB05D358274-9121-00000BEB0E2A77F1.jpg

And Dollar, shopping on the Internet as usual :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/B97C90D1-BE8C-4D9C-81EC-F45C14254C0C-9213-00000C1DDC3E6C6B.jpg

Well, that's it. As updated as we all can be. The only one I have left out is the husband, lol.

Any of you get a new look ? New fur babies ? Feel free to post so I can see, I realize I have probably missed a whole lot these past few months.

sakuraemily
September 8th, 2012, 08:28 AM
ok, your doggies, your daughter and you are such beautiful people. Please never let her wear contacts permanently coz she's one of the best looking people in glasses and she makes me feel so good about mine.
You all have such amazing hair too but I just can't get over how beautiful you all are!

Aqua Gal
September 8th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I always love seeing picture of your hair. It looks great!(seriously, when does it not look great) Your daughter's makeover came out gorgeous too. What a pretty family you make.

spookyghost
September 8th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Both you and your daughter have gorgous hair! One day I will post pics of my hair. Two reasons I have not done that yet is 1. I need to figure out how to do it!:)
2. I hate my hair at the moment.

You had some awesome growth since April! Amazing!

Maybe
September 8th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Such beautiful pics, thank you for sharing!

Have the wilfires you were having earlier this.summer out there stopped?

My hair looks nothing like yours even though, other than the thickness of each strand, we seem to be very similar 'on paper'. Is that your natural wave pattern or are you curling it? If so, with what? I would love for my hair to look like that.

Your daughter is a cutie!

UltraBella
September 8th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Sakuraemily,

Oh thank you :)

She had them off in the one picture but she LOVES her glasses, she had contacts for a while but decided they just weren't for her. Proudly wear your glasses !!

Maybe,
It's better, most here are out or under control. We had smoke moving in from other states though so the smoke was nearly unbearable for a while. It's very dry, we need some rain !

No, definitely not my natural wave pattern, it would be a bit of a mess otherwise. I use a Caruso Mollecular Hairsetter or a regular old large barreled curling iron, depending on my mood.

Thanks everyone :)

hellucy
September 8th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Wow your hair has grown so much since it's chop!
Your daughter looks so much like you.... the new cut suits her, she looks lovely and more grown up.
:crush: Such cute doggies.

Someday
September 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Beautiful hair -- you and your daughter's! I tried to ask you in another thread (but it was in the wrong place, and you probably didn't see it), but how short was your shortest layer when you cut back to bsl? My hair is a bit longer than apl, with layers, and I want to keep the length, but cut the layers shorter (to slowly cut out damage from partial highlights). I am just not sure how short the layers can be cut without looking odd. I love you layers, so any advice would be appreciated!

UltraBella
September 8th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Beautiful hair -- you and your daughter's! I tried to ask you in another thread (but it was in the wrong place, and you probably didn't see it), but how short was your shortest layer when you cut back to bsl? My hair is a bit longer than apl, with layers, and I want to keep the length, but cut the layers shorter (to slowly cut out damage from partial highlights). I am just not sure how short the layers can be cut without looking odd. I love you layers, so any advice would be appreciated!

Sorry I didn't see it ! When I was BSL I would have to guess that my shortest layer was around jaw length probably. This time they were cheek bone length to blend in with my old bangs. I have had them as short as top of the ear length before. Love them each way. I am just a layer fanatic :)

Ebrox
September 8th, 2012, 09:06 AM
what a lovely family!
and both you and your daughter have such beautiful hair.. congrats!

Charybdis
September 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Nice to see you back round these parts, UB! You and the kiddo and the pups all look great. :)

lapushka
September 8th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Amazing how fast your hair has grown already! :) Your daughter looks gorgeous with her new cut. Love the doggies!

teal
September 8th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Very nice pics indeed! I wish the pictures uploading would be fixed so I can update my albums without resorting to photobucket...

jacqueline101
September 8th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Your pictures are wonderful your dogs are cute and so is your daughter.

Anywhere
September 8th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Both of you look great. Your layers really work well with your hair, and your daughter is so pretty with her shorter hair. :)

CurlyCurves
September 8th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Love it all :)

Katleen
September 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Wonderful pictures, and such amazing hair!!!! Your daughter looks just like you, a gorgeous family!!

UltraBella
September 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks, everyone :)

My daughter was pretty excited to show off her new hair. Last time I posted about her hair and her progress, she read every single comment.

Kyla
September 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Both you and your daughter have absolutely amazing eyes. :) Her new haircut is really cute.

owlathena
September 8th, 2012, 12:15 PM
As always, your hair is amazing! And your daughter is lovely! She looks just like you!

minxe
September 8th, 2012, 12:21 PM
You and your daughter look so alike! Both of you have such beautiful hair, too! :)

summerjade
September 8th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Thank you for sharing your lovely hair pictures with us!! It was nice to see you again. Your daughter is beautiful, just like you and her new hairdo is so pretty. It suits her well.

summerjade
September 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Oh, UB, I almost forgot!! Your fur babies are gorgeous too!! Love them!!

pink.sara
September 8th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Nice to see you and the furbabies back UB :) Hope you've had a good summer.

Your daughter is totally stunning, her new hair is really cute on her.

And as for you.... how dare your hair grow that fast and still be so gorgeous!! *Shakes fist ;)

Someday
September 8th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Sorry I didn't see it ! When I was BSL I would have to guess that my shortest layer was around jaw length probably. This time they were cheek bone length to blend in with my old bangs. I have had them as short as top of the ear length before. Love them each way. I am just a layer fanatic :)
Good to know! Hopefully I can get rid of some of the damaged layers, and then grow to your length. Thanks!

Chimom79
September 8th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Beautiful hair and absolutly adorable lil dogs! I have 3 chihuahuas. They are in need of their nail trimming too! Lol!

katfemme89
September 8th, 2012, 02:56 PM
You are such a beautiful lady and your daughter is gorgeous! She's a spittin' image of you :D

And your dogs are PRECIOUS! Thanks for updating us!

jen5972
September 8th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Wow! Love your hair! It is beautiful! You seriously make me really want to get layers! I just remember that I couldn't do any updos when I had them. Do you mostly wear your hair down? Do you have to curl your hair to make it look right, or does it naturally look that perfect :)? Your daughter's hair looks really pretty too. And your doggies are so sweet :).

KwaveT
September 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM
What else is there to say other than both you and your daughter have positively beautiful hair. I think many of us wish our hair grows as fast as your.

PrairieRose
September 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Very beautiful, both of you!

BambooBeauty
September 8th, 2012, 06:00 PM
You and your daughter are beautiful!

spidermom
September 8th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I'm pretty sure you saw my last change. Nothing since then.

OMG; your hair is so pretty and grows so fast! I think I hate you! (not really)

Vanilla
September 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Love the new pictures :)

aspartame gram
September 8th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Your daughter looks just like you! Beautiful pictures! It's always so much fun to do something drastic to one's hair--after all, it grows out!

My goodness, your hair grows so quickly! Your hair curls and has plenty of volume, so the layers look fantastic. Since I don't blow dry my hair (part lazy and my hair frizzes whenever I've tried) too many layers wouldn't look as good. I just love seeing how layers work well on others. ^_^

PUPPIES! They are so cute! I miss having puppies.

eros
September 8th, 2012, 08:12 PM
So jealous of your curls. stunning

twoLs118
September 8th, 2012, 08:12 PM
OMG your hair is totally gorgeous & im totally jealous!!!!

FrozenBritannia
September 8th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Puppies are cute as always, and so are you and your daughter! She has gorgeous eyes btw, and looks so much like you!

Falcore
September 8th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Your daughter is just a mini you! So beautiful the pair of you.

Your hair has grown so fast!

UltraBella
September 8th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Wow! Love your hair! It is beautiful! You seriously make me really want to get layers! I just remember that I couldn't do any updos when I had them. Do you mostly wear your hair down? Do you have to curl your hair to make it look right, or does it naturally look that perfect :)? Your daughter's hair looks really pretty too. And your doggies are so sweet :).

I don't wear it down very much, it's usually in a bun or up somehow for work, in a bun when I am lazy, in a bun when it's windy........ Lol. I haven't had any issues with my layers and updos but I know that is a common problem. My natural hair type is wavy/frizzy but it works well it's my layers and looks fine without being styled. It looks better with the Caruso curlers though :)

What else is there to say other than both you and your daughter have positively beautiful hair. I think many of us wish our hair grows as fast as your.

I am perfectly happy to trade with you ;) I get annoyed when I get my hair cut just like I want it and then it's grown out a short time later - but I do appreciate the fact that if I ever get an awful cut it will grow out fairly fast.

I'm pretty sure you saw my last change. Nothing since then.

OMG; your hair is so pretty and grows so fast! I think I hate you! (not really)

I did see your last change and I really liked it !

Your daughter looks just like you! Beautiful pictures! It's always so much fun to do something drastic to one's hair--after all, it grows out!

My goodness, your hair grows so quickly! Your hair curls and has plenty of volume, so the layers look fantastic. Since I don't blow dry my hair (part lazy and my hair frizzes whenever I've tried) too many layers wouldn't look as good. I just love seeing how layers work well on others. ^_^

PUPPIES! They are so cute! I miss having puppies.

I don't blow dry either, it's something I completely avoid whenever possible. I am just way too lazy, lol and I findit to be a terrible chore.

If I didn't have my two dogs the house would seem so empty and quiet, I can't imagine not having a dog or two. Maybe it's time for another one for you soon ??

So jealous of your curls. stunning

Don't be jealous, all you need is a Caruso Mollecular Hairsetter ! I can't live without that thing :)

Thanks everyone, I promise I have read each and every response and appreciate them all. Daughter hears frequently that she looks like me and although she finds it annoying, I think she secretly likes it too. I love it !!!!!

TeaEarlGreyHot
September 8th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I love my layers, too, but I cannot take my hair being down for very long so I'm growing my layers out so that updos are not so pokey.

Your daughter's cut is PERFECT for her face! It took her from looking 12 to looking 17 (I had the same problem in high school and college). I love her glasses (I'm in the glasses look awesome on me club), I think black plastic frames would really make her blue eyes pop!

Also, I want to snuggle your fur babies so much! My husband isn't a pet person so I'm limited to Chinchillas and Rabbits :)

brownpaperbag
September 8th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Wow, you and your daughter look so alike!

Tia2010
September 8th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Your hair looks great and your daughter is beautiful! :)

Silverbrumby
September 8th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Amazing how fast your hair grows and you and your daughter both have the great hair gene.

Micayla47
September 9th, 2012, 12:42 AM
what a gorgeous family!

Suguru
September 9th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks so much for sharing UltraBella! You and your daughter are both beautiful young women with lovely hair. And your animals are just too cute!

kidari
September 9th, 2012, 02:37 AM
Loved your post and pictures as usual. Any plans on growing back to TBL or keeping it BSL-MBL?

pepperminttea
September 9th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Goodness, you have a mini-me! ;) A beautiful family indeed, and lovely photos; thank you for sharing them with us. :)

UltraBella
September 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Loved your post and pictures as usual. Any plans on growing back to TBL or keeping it BSL-MBL?

I can honestly say that I didn't enjoy having TBL hair at all. It was like wearing a warm blanket all the time. It was heavy and thick and a chore to take care of. I don't miss it one bit and I don't plan on ever letting it get that long again.

Next time I cut my hair I may go to shoulder length instead of APL since it's grown out so quickly.

joflakes
September 9th, 2012, 09:17 AM
You're all looking so beautiful! I love the hair that you both have, it looks so healthy and full and bouncy! Fur babies are always very cute :crush:

heidi w.
September 9th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I think nails on pooches are the hardest to keep up with, but for small pups, I think longer nails are accepted, so you're all fine there. My Piccolo, if I allowed her online shopping privileges, would spend all my money on fresh beef being delivered.
LOL

Lovely pictures of all of you.

heidi w.

Lostsoule77
September 9th, 2012, 09:44 AM
You are as gorgeous as ever. Your daughter as well. :) I love your hair at it's current length. It's a shame it won't stay there for long. Glad to see you around. :D

alyanna
September 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Wow, wow, wow!
Ultrabella, I'm loving those layers!!! They look AMAZING! They've grown out perfectly. That's the great thing about layers. These types of cuts keep for a long time and seem to get better after a few months.

And your daughter ... carbon copy or yourself. Mini Ultrabella ;)

Greenfire
September 9th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Wow, your daughter's haircut looks amazing on her! I do have to say that at first I thought it was two different girls, because in the first picture she looks about 12 and in the second she looks closer to 16! You might not like to hear that though!!!

UltraBella
September 9th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Thanks for all the replies !

I need to set up my hair appointment soon because I have a big event coming up and I like to make sure my highlights are refreshed and my cut is good - I have weird areas that grow longer than others and it can start to look lopsided. Maybe shoulder length this time ? But then I am scared that I will have no nice ways to put it up while at work. I'll have to think about that some more.......

Tressie
September 13th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks for sharing lovely lady! Your DD is adorable with long or short hair, and so are your furr babies! I enjoyed the great photos! Just beautiful all around! :flower:

LaurelSpring
September 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Ultrabella, you have so many fans! You should start your own hair site/blog or something. I would subscribe! Love your posts and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

dulce
September 14th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Beautiful pics!Your daughter has inherited your good looks!As a chi mom I especially liked your furbabies.

Maverick494
September 16th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Gah, you two keep looking good even in close-ups! You sure passed on the photogenic gene onto your daughter. Love the layers, every time I see yours I keep thinking I want to try it myself but I don't have as much/thick hair as you do.