PDA

View Full Version : I dreamt I had long hair

RubyTuesday
September 8th, 2012, 04:53 AM
I am obviously thinking about my hair way too much because last night I dreamt that my hair was blonde (I am currently reddy brown) and APL (I am currently around chin length-ish).

In my dream I remember turning around and admiring my waves in the mirror and a feeling of satisfaction spread over me - and then I woke up :(

Is anyone else dreaming about their hair and do you think dreams are just a way of filtering the days events or mean anything else?

Mesmerise
September 8th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Yeah, I dream about hair. Sometimes it's long, sometime's it's short! I remember one dream where my hair was long enough to touch the base of the chair when I was sitting :D. In some dreams, my hair is just waaaaay more awesome than real life would ever make it :).

sunshine-locks
September 8th, 2012, 05:14 AM
I used to have hair dreams all the time after the big chop to pixie, I remember one where I was running my hand down the length and feeling it down my back, then I woke up and it was spiky :/

kitekats
September 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Maybe it was A sign-you have to grow your hair that long and without henna;)

MeowScat
September 8th, 2012, 05:48 AM
It's funny that you mention it...I've had a few hair dreams, lately.

In some dreams it's shorter, then it's suddenly longer. In the middle of a nightmare it will turn dry and damaged. The very next moment, it's like magic...POOF! Long, silky hair! (while zombies are chasing me. WHY?)

My hair goes from from long to short, then damaged to healthy.

No matter the outcome of the dream, (nightmare?) when I wake up, I reach for my hair and feel it to make sure it's still there.

I have very vivid dreams and I dread the "hairmares". Either way, when I wake up, I'm stressed out.

I thought sleep was supposed to be restful. No such luck.

gthlvrmx
September 8th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Just dreamed my hair was to my butt and on purpose and i pushed it to grow and it grew down to the floor and about 2-3 feet behind me-it was magical. i loved it. it felt great walking around with hair that long

Sarahlabyrinth
September 8th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Wow, I dreamed last night that I went swimming in the sea naked with my hair waist length, then I walked out of the sea and up the beach still naked, no one on the beach seemed to mind.

Dreams are so weird, aren't they?

Tota
September 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM
When I was a kid and still living at home I used to often dream that my hair fell off and I was completely bald. I woke up in tears every time because those dreams were scaringly vivid.

RubyTuesday
September 9th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Last night I dreamt I had hair like Diana Ross. Strangely it looked good on me.

millyaulait
September 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I had a dream my hair was waist length & I wore it down to a party (I was also skinny....)

It was really nice, hopefully a vision of things to come! :)

HadessThera
September 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I often dream I have different hair, super long and black with choppy layers, super short buzz cut, waist length and snow white, oddly enough I don't recall having any dreams with my hair the way it actually looks in waking life haha what was that Freudian theory of dreams as wish fulfilment? :p

catamonica
September 10th, 2012, 12:02 AM
A few months back I dreamed I had thigh length hair. I hope it happens!

RedheadMistress
September 10th, 2012, 07:47 AM
- I had such a lovely dream too a week ago !
It was TB length, dark, in a messy braid and I remember feeling it on my back . . woke up happy because of other dreamstuff too (saw a former crush and said hi in the streets, ah silly) and yeah . . couldn't share it with anyone haah I should have come here ;D

kallarina
September 10th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I have never had a dream that I've had longer hair. Mine are always about something horrible happening. Like a few days ago, I had a nightmare that I cut all my hair to just above shoulder, and straightened the living daylights out of it. I saw one of my friends who knows I love my hair, and said, "well, do you like it?" and smiled tentatively, and she looked horrified. I felt that awful, gut-wrenching regret before jerking awake and grabbing my hair and almost tearfully yelling, "oh thank god!"
Someone needs to tell me the secret to having good hair dreams. :(

spirals
September 10th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I don't dream about my hair per se, but when I first discovered my curls, I still had 1c hair in my dreams. The color has always been the same, though.