PDA

View Full Version : Used the blow dryer for the first time in over a year

neko_kawaii
September 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM
to defrost the A/C.

*giggle*

Anyone else use the blow dryer on the pipes more than on their hair? Other multiuse tool stories appreciated too.

terylenerose
September 7th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I use the blow dryer on anything more than on my hair. :p I can't think of anything specific at the moment, though, because I almost never use blow dryers. (Still wondering if "blowdryer" is supposed to be one word or two.)

Lostsoule77
September 7th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Nope, because I don't own one. ;) My m-i-l bought me one a few years ago. I gave it back to her when her's died, still unused. :D

brave
September 7th, 2012, 08:04 PM
The first time I bought a hairdryer I used it once or twice, didn't manage to dry my hair completely or properly, and then took it to art class to dry paint. As far as I know it's still floating somewhere around my old jr. college.

barely.there
September 7th, 2012, 08:29 PM
my dad used ours to dry his shoes after he stepped in a big puddle. :D

MeowScat
September 7th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I use it to warm up my body.

I point it up my shirt, my pants and in my socks. It works so well that sometimes it makes me start to sweat.

DH passed my bathroom one time when I was doing that and he said, "what are you DOING?!?!" So I pointed the blowfryer up his shirt and he said, "ahhhh, what a great idea."

Not so crazy now, huh babe? :)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 7th, 2012, 10:50 PM
I use mine to defrost the ice in my freezer.

Bagginslover
September 8th, 2012, 02:31 AM
I use my straighners on my My Little Ponys! When I get one with 'frizz' (the nylon hair actually streches, and goes all kinky) I use it on a low setting to straighten it out again, it works wonders so long as the hair is kept wet, not so much if its dry....(Think melted rainbow mush!)

Someday
September 8th, 2012, 04:59 AM
I only use mine to apply heat with my protein treatment (because that is what it says to do) -- but even that makes me shudder. Otherwise I use it to defrost steam off my mirror.

EtherealDoll
September 8th, 2012, 06:21 AM
I onced use my blow dryer to dry my clothes when it was raining :undecided

*Rose Red*
September 8th, 2012, 06:31 AM
On my mind: where the hell is the blow dryer? Haven't seen it for a long time

jacqueline101
September 8th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I haven't used mine in a year.

CurlyCurves
September 8th, 2012, 08:15 AM
To warm my feet :D

blondie9912
September 8th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I work at Dairy Queen, and whenwe make cakes we use a blow dryer to release the cake from its form :)

moon2dove
September 8th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I haven't used mine in over a year :)

DH used it yesterday to help dry filler, he was in a hurry to paint it!

Petrichos
September 8th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I bathe my cat myself and have a blow dyer to, well, blow her dry. She's so good, and just sits through the whole bath/blow dry session, with an agitated look and a few meows as if to ask "Are you done YET".

lydiajo
September 8th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I use it to defrost the freezer, dry dd's nail polish (cool setting). In the past I've used it on the water pipes and dry clothing when at a hotel.

neko_kawaii
September 8th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Great stories! I've used irons and hair dryers to dry clothes before. When we were contemplating ways of improving the heat retention of our windows one of the options was a plastic film that you applied heat to and my husband passed it over because he thought we didn't have a hair dryer.

Hollyfire3
September 8th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I use my straighners on my My Little Ponys! When I get one with 'frizz' (the nylon hair actually streches, and goes all kinky) I use it on a low setting to straighten it out again, it works wonders so long as the hair is kept wet, not so much if its dry....(Think melted rainbow mush!)

Lol! Do you have a lot of My Little Ponies? I have so many that are in storage and I would LOVE to fix up their hair...sorry to highjack but any tips?

HylianGirl
September 8th, 2012, 10:49 AM
LOL your post was funny I didn't expect that xD

Once my cel phone fell into a puddle and I used a blowdryer to dry it (on a warm, not too hot setting). It still didn't save it, the water made it have a short circuit and I had to to take it somewhere to repair it x.x

I gave my blowdryer to my sister when hers broke, so I don't have it anymore. But I borrow from her when I have to dry own dog after we wash her ^-^ she seems to like it, especially at her back.

MrsGuther
September 8th, 2012, 11:15 AM
That's awesome! My husband uses my blow dryer to melt bow wax sometimes when he is tuning and fixing stuff on his compound bow. I rarely blow dry my hair (maybe once or twice a year). My hair looks like a big frizzy cotton ball if I blow dry it... So it's pointless!