PDA

View Full Version : Should I contact Amazon for a replacement?

hermosamendoza
September 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I ordered a box of Amla powder and a box of Shikakai powder from a store on Amazon. Today I received the powders but here's the problem:

The Amla powder is labeled with a store tag and says "New" on the third line. The Shikakai powder's seal is broken (the box was actally open inside the shipping box and the label does not have the word new or anything else on the third line.

The bag seems sealed but I've never ordered Shikakai before so I want to make sure that's what I got.

Also it arrived early so I have to wait until Sept 11th to make a claim.

Xxanderia
September 7th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Hmm. I would definitely contact them and see what the problem was. I know Amazon has a lot of smaller sellers within it's site, so it might have to be directly with that seller. :/

akilina
September 7th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Hmm. I would definitely contact them and see what the problem was. I know Amazon has a lot of smaller sellers within it's site, so it might have to be directly with that seller. :/
This :)
I would definitely make contact though and make this right.
Was it from a smaller seller?
LOL its so funny hearing about amazon... I lived in a town that their BIGGEST business was amazon. I almost worked there for the peak season, and all of my friends either work there or have worked there in the past.

Shermie Girl
September 7th, 2012, 05:52 PM
You don't have to wait until your estimated delivery date to contact Amazon about a problem product. Go to customer service, submit an e-mail and Amazon will forward it to the seller and you should be offered a replacement or refund immediately.

I bought a jar of face cream that was in a damaged package that looked as if it had been tampered with. The day it arrived, I e-mailed and received an immediate refund. Another time, I received an old, spoiled jar of cream, contacted them and it was made right, immediately.

Amazon tries really hard to give good customer service and encourages the sellers who use Amazon to do the same. In the years I have shopped with them, I have only had one seller ignore me and refuse to make a problem right. Needless to say, I don't buy from that seller, any longer.

hermosamendoza
September 7th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Ok thanks. I will contact them in the morning. Its a shop called YourIndianShopUsa. I have one more package coming as well from them. Hope their other stuff is ok. I'm just glad it's not te amla powder which is what I wanted the most.

Lol Shermie Girl I like your signature

Oh and the amla was from SimplyBeautiful